Liverpool vs. Chelsea (PL) 11/05/2016 KO 20:00 BST

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I think we are all disappointed to concede such a stupid equalizer in injury time, More worryingly our GK potion seem to be an issue for next season. Courtois is far from the player I thought he is, he has a bad attitude and apparently doesn't like Lollichon's methods ( although Cech became one of the best GK in the world with the same coach ). I honestly think Courtois has been hyped a lot and benefited from a very strong Atletico defense, he has a lot of potential but a long way from being top 5 GKs in Europe.  I am in two minds about Courtois, I think if we receive an absurd offer from Real, we should sell him The problem is Asmir doesn't inspire any confidence and he could not be Chelsea's no 1 with performances like tonight, 

Im with you yorkleyblue,some of you get a grip ffs.

He's the one that needs to get a grip. All of these constant digs at forum members just for having an opinion is far worse than most of what is said on here by others.

If he disagree's then why doesn't he just respond properly instead of taking his anger out on them ?

Edited by Scott Harris

So can someone explain to me what the f**k the RLC sub was all about?

Seemed like a time wasting tactic to me, seemed pointless but maybe Guus was trying to kill Liverpool's momentum post 1-1? For me RLC or Kasey should have come on sooner.

Edited by the special one

Absolute f**king disgrace. Thats been coming for half an hour and i said as soon as mignolet kicked it out to the defender they would cross and score. Too many players happy to just let them have the ball, happy to just let them pass it around under no pressure, happy to just let them cross it in under no pressure, happy to let them find space in the box with no defenders in sight. Utter f**king farce this second half, every single player bar Hazard should be ashamed of themselves

Sorry but in my ever so 'umble that's utter bullsh*t. Benteke was gifted a goal from a goalkeeping mistake. There is no doubt whatsoever that Begovic should have done a lot better with the cross. Had he done so, Benteke would have got nowhere near the ball and we would have coasted to a deserved victory. And to address another point raised elsewhere, how is a goalkeeping error Hiddink's fauilt?

Something else that's been bugging me for most of the season is the willingness of so many supporters to choose to believe that a player either isn't trying or doesn't give a f**k (or that he's "just sh*t") when he might well be injured. Eden Hazard looks back to his best, and so it's fair to assume that he's over the injuries that plagued him for so much of the season - injuries which were widely reported, and yet his loss of form was all down to him "not being bothered to turn up". Now I don't know the bloke, but from what I do know of him, I find it far more credible that his poor form was in fact a result of a series of injuries rather than just not being bothered.

There were plenty of positives tonight, if you care to look for them, not least Tammy Abraham making his first team debut, indications that we may just be ready to bring in a few of the youngsters - not that I'll be counting my chickens on this one, and of course there was Eden Hazard popping up with another contender for goal of the season.

We learned (or had it confirmed) that if Courtois is on his way out, then we're either going to need to find a suitable replacement, or Begovic is going to have to do a LOT of work on handling crosses. This was an end of season game for both teams. Had we been challenging for the title, no doubt we'd have approached it differently, as would Liverpool if they didn't have a Europa League final to look forward to. On the whole I thought we were the better team, we would have deserved a victory, and had Begovic not handed the chance to Benteke on a plate, there would be very little reason to complain.

Had Liverpool not been gifted an equaliser, tonight's match would have been among the relatively few season's highlights, up there with doing the double over Arsenal and ensuring that Tottenham wouldn't lift the title. As it was, it turned out to be a decent but disappointing result.

Of course that's just how I see it.

Reading the start of this doom-monger laden thread was depressing but the game itself defied the end of the world prophecies and was wonderfully uplifting.

No Costa, ergo no pinching, mauling, moaning, stamping etc, etc. That was a huge bonus. And didn't we look more fluid with a centre forward who actually had some pace and movement? No Ivanovich. That's an improvement on its own even if we didn't select anyone in his place. The only dark cloud was Matic and his distribution, but if you can only kick a ball with one foot you will often struggle.

Hopefully the £40 million we get for Costa and Matic in the summer will be shrewdly invested in better players.

Hazard was a marvel. Though the jury is still out on whether the performance was a "buy me Madrid I'm still good" advert. Does he want to be at Chelsea? Does he not want to be at Chelsea? Personally on that display I truly hope it is the former. If he genuinely does I may even get a Hazard tatoo. If he doesn't then he can go in the summer too and maybe we will get the £60 million he was worth a year or so ago.

No one is bigger than the club. We are Chelsea. And the team tonight played like they knew it. Liverpool got a free ticket out of jail with the last minute leveller. No wonder Flopp celebrated like a baldy who has had a hair transplant. In terms of invention and attacking flair they were schooled for the 92 minutes before that.

So can someone explain to me what the f**k the RLC sub was all about?

f**king joke, what will rlc make of that? Complete waste of time, which sums up hiddinks entire time here this season.

Got to say, Liverpool were absolutely awful. They looked like us - not caring, closing down. Clearly saving themselves for the final.

Annoying that we didn't win. Any win against Liverpool is satisfying.

Oh, I hope everyone noticed the "famous Anfield" crowd was completely silent all night.

Got to say, Liverpool were absolutely awful. They looked like us - not caring, closing down. Clearly saving themselves for the final.

Annoying that we didn't win. Any win against Liverpool is satisfying.

Oh, I hope everyone noticed the "famous Anfield" crowd was completely silent all night.

No. Don't agree with that assessment at all. They may not have been at full strength but they certainly did care. They did try. However, our movement, speed, invention and passing meant they were often chasing shadows.

Be happy with what you saw. Don't belittle it.

f**king joke, what will rlc make of that? Complete waste of time, which sums up hiddinks entire time here this season.

Hiddink all over. Since the Man City game RLC has played 0mins against Spurs, Sunderland. 7mins against Bournemouth and basically f*** all tonight. Youngsters must think what's the point.

No. Don't agree with that assessment at all. They may not have been at full strength but they certainly did care. They did try. However, our movement, speed, invention and passing meant they were often chasing shadows.

Be happy with what you saw. Don't belittle it.

I'm going to kind of agree.  Every team this year wanted to beat the champions, including Liverpool tonight.  However, they were certainly not up to their best.  If they were, they certainly would have scored more goals against a team fielding:

backup GK

Holding mid playing CB

backup lb

third choice striker

matic

and subbed on two youngsters

Just back in from a few beers on the lash after the game in Liverpool...yes we played well, but Hiddink the fraud has been shown up again...in a game where we had little to lose, he still didn't play the youngsters...yes Traore by default cos Costa was injured and he brought on a few as late subs, but giving Ruben a minute is taking the piss...

As well as Mikel played at centre half tonight, he is not a long term option - why not see how a youngster would do? Even Jose played Kalas a couple of years back in the Gerard slip gate game, when we still had mathematical chance of winning the title...

Great to see hazard back to his best, albeit a bit too late for everyone's liking...but for me Hiddink continues to be a big let down for me...promises much, delivers little...

I see a lot of promise in Traore and Kennedy. I see nothing in RLC and people here are going bat sh*t mental over Hiddink for not playing. I just dont get it. I would like to be proven wrong but as of now I see nothing in RLC that says bonafide starter. 

Didn't think we were as bad last night as some have been saying. If one of those late Traore or Pedro chances had gone in, perceptions of the match would be a lot better. First half we were pretty good. They couldn't handle Hazard at all (where has he been all season?) and like most opponents last season, all they could do was kick him. They were mostly limited to Gerrard-esque wild punts from long range. We did start inviting them onto us the second, which ended up costing us. Still, it was better than we've got used to this season and we should have left with the W. One game to go before we put this car crash of a season behind us.

I see a lot of promise in Traore and Kennedy. I see nothing in RLC and people here are going bat sh*t mental over Hiddink for not playing. I just dont get it. I would like to be proven wrong but as of now I see nothing in RLC that says bonafide starter.

For me that's the whole reason to give him time in meaningless games like this.

You can't assess him as a starter....unless he starts.

Personally I thought the defense was infinitely better and more mobile with mikel instead of terry and with Dave on right. This game and the last one just showed how far past it Terry is.

I'm still not convinced by the matic fab pairing. Not enough mobility or speed and some poor passes from matic in h2.

Pedro ran around a lot and got back to help out but his shooting and finishing just isn't up to top standard. Traore nice feet but could be a bit stronger up front.

Hazard fantastic.

Edited by ozboy