Romelu Lukaku

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

8 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Everton may play that hard game though. Wasn't that long ago they repeatedly gave us the middle finger over Stones and we wasted a whole summer trying to get him. I'd certainly hope Conte would go after Morata instead of wasting the whole summer playing with Everton's tease. Ideally, I'd love both of them as well but I doubt that's going to happen.

Hasn't sold Mata the 2nd time though, so you may be wrong about that.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.express.co.uk/sport/football/793785/Jose-Mourinho-Man-United-Juan-Mata-Jorge-Mendes-Anderson-Talisca-Transfer-News/amp

Not sold Mata yet.... 

Love the idea of sanchez coming here, however I would reluctant to spend big on him as at 28 he won't have a decent resale value, he will be on astronomical wages, and his best years could possibly be behind him. 

Great player, but it would be a massive commitment. 

Back to lukaku, I think this one is already done tbh. I like morata aswell, but I think lukaku will hit the ground running, as he knows the league, and he is familiar with a lot of the first team and the club in general. If he carries on scoring at the same rate, and learns from conte how to be a nuisance even when he isn't playing well, then I think the 70 odd Mil will turn out to be money well spent. 

1 hour ago, big blue said:

Love the idea of sanchez coming here, however I would reluctant to spend big on him as at 28 he won't have a decent resale value, he will be on astronomical wages, and his best years could possibly be behind him. 

Great player, but it would be a massive commitment. 

Back to lukaku, I think this one is already done tbh. I like morata aswell, but I think lukaku will hit the ground running, as he knows the league, and he is familiar with a lot of the first team and the club in general. If he carries on scoring at the same rate, and learns from conte how to be a nuisance even when he isn't playing well, then I think the 70 odd Mil will turn out to be money well spent. 

Sanchez is a player like Zlatan and Ronaldo in the sense that he keeps his body in top, top shape. That means he'll surprise you and still be playing at a high level at 33. Even if he only gives us 3 elite years, it would be money well spent. We've spent 30 odd million on players like Willian who hardly score and Batshuayi who hardly even gets a shout, what's wrong with spending 40-50 mil on Sanchez? We want to win titles over the next few years and he's bang in the middle of his prime. Perfect time to get him. The wages aren't a factor. Any top 6 club can offer 200k/week these days because of the new tv deal. Add the extra factor of us having a rich owner and having CL money as well as the new kit deal coming in and we can pay a player 300k easily. It's not a problem. 

On the other hand, I don't think we should spend more than 65m on Lukaku. Anything more than that, Everton can f**k off.

I don't see much risks in signing Sanchez, who cares about re-sell value if we get 3-4 good years out of him, football is all about short term in this age. He's a 9 and a wide forward, which means we could bring in another striker or wide player if we want to. I heard Arsenal just offered him a big contract, probably still short of his expectation. Most importantly I don't think he will settle for another 4th spot trophy even if they manage it, or FA cup for that matter. There's no chance Arsenal let him run down his contract, selling to us is not Wenger's preference, but the American owner won't mind it if we are the highest bidder.

Lukakau at over 60M is just madness, 2 years left on the contract he won't renew, and he hasn't played CL football. Everton won't be making the top 4 anytime soon, they are the best of the remaining bunch.

3 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

I'd prefer Morata as I've said several times but we'll see. Certainly don't want us to depend on just one striker again. We need 2 capable strikers. Not sure if we can get both Lukaku and Morata but we'll need one more striker since it's obviously not Batshuayi. I do like the sound of a Lukaku & Morata partnership in a 3-5-2 (although I wonder where that would put Hazard and Sanchez, so perhaps a 4-2-4?). They're both different types of strikers and offer something totally different.

I'd  pefer Morata too. I don't see us abandoning 3 at the back but I can see 2 strikers and Hazard in a hole behind them. Bats could be 3rd to Lukaku and Morata. I think he comes around with another preseason, the talent is there

I'm pretty sure Bats is a goner in summer.

I really hope we don't sign Lukaku, he's a tosser. I really dislike his awful attitude. I prefer Morata but we could well end up signing both strikers if Costa goes.

Tbh I'm hoping Costa stays and we get Morata, Lukaku can go to Arsenal or Spurs for all I care.

16 hours ago, didierforever said:

Thats a very myopic view. For every torres (PL proven) to DD (not-proven) there are 10 examples of the opposite. 

Costa was a CL finalist, bellotti (with all due respect) is still a nobody on the big scene. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2696337-chelsea-transfer-news-andrea-belotti-price-discussed-amid-fresh-arsenal-rumours

Dont think Torino would sell him for less than 40mil/50mil when there starting price (and his buy out is an insane sum or 100mil). i would rather add 20mil to that sum an buy Lukaku.

Our track record signing from PL is very sketchy, I think Kante is the first success story since Ash. 

Our best market is definitely the French league, apart from (as it stands) Batshauyi have we ever f**ked up with a signing from that country? 

14 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

I'm pretty sure Bats is a goner in summer.

I really hope we don't sign Lukaku, he's a tosser. I really dislike his awful attitude. I prefer Morata but we could well end up signing both strikers if Costa goes.

Tbh I'm hoping Costa stays and we get Morata, Lukaku can go to Arsenal or Spurs for all I care.

I would love to sign Jamie Vardy along with Costa or our new forward. We could go two up top, he can also fill in out wide and can be a serious weapon off the bench, I mean if we are one up with 25 minutes to go what says commit men forward if you dare more than the sight of Vardy coming on? 

1 hour ago, Argo said:

Our track record signing from PL is very sketchy, I think Kante is the first success story since Ash. 

Our best market is definitely the French league, apart from (as it stands) Batshauyi have we ever f**ked up with a signing from that country? 

Who? Lacazette? We have no chance in hell of signing that kid from monaco. 

this is a bit of a dilemma isn't it. we are going to need a new striker in the summer, but we have the choice of 2/3 guys. 2 of them are arguably better technically, but one of them is young, proven in the premier league (current top scorer) and most importantly wants to play for us. the best thing about lukaku is he seems indebted to chelsea. he doesn't seem the type to down tools for us, but instead will work his heart out to prove he can be the man to lead our frontline. i honestly can't overlook the fact he really wants to be back with us again. that in itself shows he cares for the club, and for me that's important. 

You can say what you like about Lukaku, and believe me he is flawed. But his goal record with Everton is phenomenal, and playing at the top level during this moment of his career where he is playing so well I think he could achieve things with us and especially under Conte...

I think the fact that Lukaku is a bit of a c**t could help us a lot when trying to sign him. He's a lot more likely to push hard to make the transfer happen and drop his price. In no scenario do i see him going for 100m. If Everton stay firm i'd rather us chuck 50m at Sanchez and/or 50m at Morata. Get them both and we have an incredible front three, get just Sanchez and play him up top with Pedro and Hazard either side.

I reckon we're going to sign him. 

He's been linked with coming back pretty much since we sold him, so there's obviously someone at the club who's keen on him. 

Costa I would assume is going to leave in the summer and my bets is Lukaku is going to be one of two big signings. 

Romelu Lukaku has told friends that he wants to rejoin Chelsea this summer, which is poised to spark another bitter battle between the Premier League leaders and Everton.

Chelsea’s relationship with Everton was severely damaged by the wrangle over John Stones two years ago that the Goodison Park club eventually won.

Stones eventually joined Manchester City a year ago and sources have told The Telegraph that the fallout between Everton and Chelsea was so bad that the Goodison club would rather sell Lukaku to Manchester United than see him go to Stamford Bridge.

But Everton’s position is complicated by Lukaku’s desire to return to Stamford Bridge, which club insiders are aware of, and doubts over whether Jose Mourinho really wants the Belgian at United.

Everton have made it clear that they are willing to fight over Lukaku, who still has two years remaining on his contract, and have placed a £100?million price tag on the Premier League’s top scorer.

Lukaku is understood to feel he has unfinished business at Chelsea, where he failed to score during three years at the club, and wants to prove he can be a success there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/19/romelu-lukaku-wants-rejoin-chelsea-move-will-infuriate-everton/

Ideally we'd sign Lukaku and Morata OR Sanchez and play a front 2 and give Conte more options.

It would free up Hazard to play behind both players.

If it was too happen we'd need another CM to partner Kante as MAtic isnt up to it IMO.

7 hours ago, havelschayes said:

Chelsea’s relationship with Everton was severely damaged by the wrangle over John Stones two years ago that the Goodison Park club eventually won.

LoL yeah, theres no way we didnt win that one. Stones is an awful defender

9 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

LoL yeah, theres no way we didnt win that one. Stones is an awful defender

We didn't, tbh I think the flack Stones get is a bit ott but where we truly lost out was fighting this losing battle all summer instead of going after Alderwierld. 

Rumour doing the rounds that We have a 25% sell on fee and that Everton still owes us 16 million on the Lukaku transfer. Manes sense to why they want 100 mill. If these numbers are correct, a 70 mill bid would mean roughly 40 mill in outgoing expenses. Thats not half bad tbh

10 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

Rumour doing the rounds that We have a 25% sell on fee and that Everton still owes us 16 million on the Lukaku transfer. Manes sense to why they want 100 mill. If these numbers are correct, a 70 mill bid would mean roughly 40 mill in outgoing expenses. Thats not half bad tbh

Where'd you hear this?

1 hour ago, Jackbuchanan said:

Options in the front 3. Hazard, Sanchez, Lukaku, Pedro and Willian. I'd take that! :JC_doubleup:

Replace Lukaku with Costa and that's even better.

If he stays, I'm 100% confident he will be back to his best for next season. After January if his form drops again we can simply drop him and rely on Sanchez and Hazard to get the goals.

Even just having Costa at his best for half season is still great, he fired us to the top. There's no guarantee Lukaku will be as good as Costa.

9 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Replace Lukaku with Costa and that's even better.

If he stays, I'm 100% confident he will be back to his best for next season. After January if his form drops again we can simply drop him and rely on Sanchez and Hazard to get the goals.

Even just having Costa at his best for half season is still great, he fired us to the top. There's no guarantee Lukaku will be as good as Costa.

Costa runs hot and cold. I know all players form will swing a little, but costa is too much so. Lukaku has been far more consistent. Yeah Costa can be better than Lukaku, but Lukaku will put in far more decent performances over the course of a season. 

Trying to play Costa in to form is costing us points right now. A team chasing a title does not need that.