JMaher94

Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

On 16/08/2019 at 20:08, robdog said:

Super Frank issues a warning to Michy

I don't know why Frank's being so picky, it's not as if he's Costa or Drogba to choose from has he!

The Bat will get us goals! ....which always help!

I don't know why Frank's being so picky, it's not as if he's Costa or Drogba to choose from has he!
Looks like Michy is not training as hard as he is expected.

5 hours ago, Mod Stark said:

So he doesn’t set the standard that you can knob about in training and still make the first team?

Scored twice for U23 match, sure maybe if we sent Tammy to the Championship he'll start scoring immediately. But I don't know how Tammy will feel after another scoreless game and God forbid missing an open goal or any sitters.

We should play Bats just to take the pressure off Tammy for the moment, he also seems more in form and didn't do badly in pre season anyway.

1 hour ago, Malcolm9 said:

Probably not the best idea, you need three strikers at least to cover injuries, rotate etc.

I don’t think we do if we are only playing 1 on top, the 3rd choice will most likely spend the bulk of the season in the stands. 

44 minutes ago, ducavis said:

I don’t think we do if we are only playing 1 on top, the 3rd choice will most likely spend the bulk of the season in the stands. 

What happens if one gets a bad injury? 

Although there was talk about Frank thinking Ruben could play upfront so that might be part of his thinking. 

This doesn't make sense to do but I'm guessing Lamps really doesn't like the attitude of certain players and is OK with them being shipped out regardless of the shape of the team.

Pedro can play false 9 I guess, we do have enough general attacking players to fill in the spot in case on an injury.

1 minute ago, robdog said:

<sarcasm>our fans won't like that option</sarcasm>

False 9 has been a hard watch in recent years for us, but that's with Hazard who has no clue in that position, seriously it was like just putting your highest stat player in FIFA as striker when you have no backup..

Pedro does have a goalscorers instinct and can link up with the wingers well, but he is short and lacks the strength to hold up the ball, maybe Ruben as emergency striker is the better option after all.
If it was all just a game I'd actually like to try Alonso in that position, he wins headers and can score.

31 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

seriously it was like just putting your highest stat player in FIFA as striker when you have no backup..

That's completely lost on me is FIFA a relevant comparison or am I just old ?

16 hours ago, sonic90 said:

False 9 has been a hard watch in recent years for us, but that's with Hazard who has no clue in that position, seriously it was like just putting your highest stat player in FIFA as striker when you have no backup..

Pedro does have a goalscorers instinct and can link up with the wingers well, but he is short and lacks the strength to hold up the ball, maybe Ruben as emergency striker is the better option after all.
If it was all just a game I'd actually like to try Alonso in that position, he wins headers and can score.

also Christian Pulisic can play as striker. He does this from time to time for the USMNT

I just feel Bats is a bit misunderstood and never really got a fair chance. He can score goals but sometimes you are in the wrong place at the wrong time and you can't change anything around you. 

Those last few years of his carrer seem a bit wasted. 

55 minutes ago, Nevamind said:

I just feel Bats is a bit misunderstood and never really got a fair chance. He can score goals but sometimes you are in the wrong place at the wrong time and you can't change anything around you. 

Those last few years of his carrer seem a bit wasted. 

I don't think it's a coincidence that our last few coaches who had time with him have questioned his attitude in training. 

3 hours ago, robdog said:

also Christian Pulisic can play as striker. He does this from time to time for the USMNT

I don’t think he’d do well in the PL as a lone striker right now. Needs to settle in and show us what he can really do in his natural position first. 

35 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I like Bats there must be something In training we are not seeing feel he has potential but maybe just doesn't want to put the hard work in

I think it's more down to the fact he's an abysmal footballer any further than ten yards from goal.