JMaher94

Michy Batshuayi to Chelsea

3 hours ago, dkw said:

I don't think it's a coincidence that our last few coaches who had time with him have questioned his attitude in training. 

Yeah, i guess it is hard to pick someone who is not as determined as the guy in front of him. 

Frank said he needs to train harder. He also said before this Sheffield game Michy needs to reach the fitness levels that are set to him. Weird to hear a senior player not being fit enough after a long Pre-season period.

Somewhat frustrating player. He can appear to be a beast and very skilled player like against Grimsby only to look like a scared little bat against better sides. I like to have him in the side still. Giroud can't offer what he can.

8 hours ago, evissy said:

Somewhat frustrating player. He can appear to be a beast and very skilled player like against Grimsby only to look like a scared little bat against better sides. I like to have him in the side still. Giroud can't offer what he can.

I think Giroud is clearly in his last season with us and SFL can see talent in Bats and so is probably giving him a bit more coaching.

Tammy struggled at first until they gave him the ball on the ground unlike Giroud and despite his height he is better using his feet.

It might be similar with Bats, I've noticed when the ball is played to him he always seems to have his back to goal, so he needs runners to offload the ball to, while he runs into the box for the return cross.

SFL must see something he can work with and unlike the other managers Bats has played for does not have many options so there is more incentive to make it work.

Good game but he tries way too hard to score for my liking. Might sound odd since that's a striker's main job, but sometimes he goes over the top and it negatively affects our attack. I thought after grabbing 1 or 2 on Wednesday he'd settle down and make the right decisions, but his eagerness to score got in the way of making the right plays (see Pulisic's chance where Michy intervened) 

I believe it's going to be his last season for us. His move to Chelsea didn't make it out, I hope that future will prove me wrong, but I'd take Abraham over him and Giroud.

I feel sorry for him because he can be a good striker, but every year he plays in different team, he can't find any proper connection around him. At Dortmund he was pretty good.

I still believe that Franky should give him more minutes, maybe CL competition will make him good. 

30 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

I believe it's going to be his last season for us. His move to Chelsea didn't make it out, I hope that future will prove me wrong, but I'd take Abraham over him and Giroud.

I feel sorry for him because he can be a good striker, but every year he plays in different team, he can't find any proper connection around him. At Dortmund he was pretty good.

I still believe that Franky should give him more minutes, maybe CL competition will make him good. 

You need more than one striking option and Giroud surely cannot last another season here. 

Of course come season end we can buy again.

On 27/09/2019 at 18:01, Costa Drug Cartel said:

Good game but he tries way too hard to score for my liking. Might sound odd since that's a striker's main job, but sometimes he goes over the top and it negatively affects our attack. I thought after grabbing 1 or 2 on Wednesday he'd settle down and make the right decisions, but his eagerness to score got in the way of making the right plays (see Pulisic's chance where Michy intervened) 

I don't mind that he tried to score when he came on. Already 2 up by then I think and he's been starved of minutes. At the end of the day, strikers are remembered more often than not for and judged by their ability to score. 

On 30/08/2019 at 23:41, Slojo said:

A strange case, I've always thought he had talent but that's 3 coaches now who aren't interested in working with him... Oh well... 

Scratch that, looks like Lampard is interested, he's played a lot more than you would have expected of him lately. 

Lamps mentioned he's working really hard in training which is always good to hear. I've always had a soft spot for Michy because I actually believed there's a gifted goalscorer in there, we've seen it, he was barely getting a sniff at goal and was still scoring a goal a game, whereas Morata was 3 one on one's a game. 

I think we've got a good stiker trio. 

Just now, Slojo said:

Scratch that, looks like Lampard is interested, he's played a lot more than you would have expected of him lately. 

Girouds been ill, we’ll see who stays as number 2 now he’s over it. 

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Girouds been ill, we’ll see who stays as number 2 now he’s over it. 

I know but he's played a lot more than you would expect don't you think? I think he has came on in every game so far. 

He didn't have a great loan in La Liga but he was excellent for Dortmund and used to grab a lot of goals here whenever he played, I actually think he's a very clinical forward, a striker like him could excel in this current team that creates chances for fun. 

Which is something we are doing, that Brighton game was madness, it should've been about 6-0 at least. 

I personally think that 4-2-3-1 suits Batshuayi far more as he is supported by the Number 10 playing behind him allowing Batshuayi to focus more in getting in the right position to hurt the opposition, in a 4-3-3 he tends to struggle as he is asked to hold the ball up and play the ball out wide. I think that is the reason Lampard prefers having Batshuayi as the 2nd striker rather than Giroud as I believe SFL wants to eventually have us playing 4-2-3-1 majority of the time and possibly tighten up the midfield with the 4-3-3 against better opposition or when we start losing control of a game.

It's not that big of a surprise to see Michy come on, get on the end of a ball, and score.

What was a surprise, on the other hand, was that he did it after tracking back, playing a really impressive one-two with Pulisic and moving into the left channel before slotting the ball home.

In the past, Michy was content to simply sit in the box and wait for chances to come his way. He was pretty selfish and didn't really work with the rest of the team to help create goals.

Hopefully he's becoming a more all-round striker. If so, he'll be pretty decent cover should Tammy be indisposed.

I can't see him ever becoming the regular first choice starter, but there are signs he's improving under Frank. When he got the return pass from Pulisic I had little doubt he'd score.

After many of us had written him off as one to get rid of,  he could after all go on to be a very useful squad player for us, and we all know important strength in depth is these days.

He has the attributes to be really really good if he gets the head down. Very good squad player. 26 now and should be in his prime over the next couple of years. This season is really important. He's contracted for 18 mths so up to Frank how that plays out. Difficult to see much game time...Subs, League Cup, FA Cup, maybe Lille at home depending on our position.

On 27/09/2019 at 13:28, Strider6003 said:

I think Giroud is clearly in his last season with us and SFL can see talent in Bats and so is probably giving him a bit more coaching.

Tammy struggled at first until they gave him the ball on the ground unlike Giroud and despite his height he is better using his feet.

It might be similar with Bats, I've noticed when the ball is played to him he always seems to have his back to goal, so he needs runners to offload the ball to, while he runs into the box for the return cross.

SFL must see something he can work with and unlike the other managers Bats has played for does not have many options so there is more incentive to make it work.

Perhaps someone was listening.

I remember Pat Nevin absolutely raving about Bats at the time we bought him, saying he was one of the best young strikers in the world. Hopefully he can buckle down and start living up to that.

1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

Theres talk of Palace being intrested in buying him in January and us wanting Zaha as part of the deal.

I cant see how that would be a good deal for either club??? Bats is a decent back up to Tammy and Giroud will be gone next season and Zaha I dont think would fit in

4 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Theres talk of Palace being intrested in buying him in January and us wanting Zaha as part of the deal.

We will need to find a replacement for Pedro and Willian soon, but I don't want that replacement to be Zaha. He's not anywhere near as special as some say he is, he hasn't even scored a goal yet this season. This would also mean we would need to find another striker, because it looks like Lampard prefers Batshuayi over Giroud right now.