Potters Vs Chelsea (PL) Sat 18/03 2017 KO 15:00 GMT

What a great result.  I think we limited them quite nicely, and even when they put us under some sustained pressure in the second half, I didn't feel uneasy.  The defending that Conte has this team doing is a joy to watch.  Luiz, who'd have thunk it?  He has been exemplary all season and could be in the running for POTY were it not for Kante.

That winner was the sort of scrappy goal you see the underdog scrape an upset with, very sweet end to a difficult match.

We're proving effective against pretty much every "style" our league opponents bring to the table. Very satisfying.

Now just hope this international break flies by!

The last time we looked this relentless was 2006.  Away to Stoke, infamous goons of the league.  A late winter chill in the air, gale winds, Hazard ruled out at the 11th hour - yet we grind out the 3 points in the dying minutes when we would have been forgiven for resting on the laurels of our 10 point cushion.  Conte has reforged this team with a cast iron spine, and imbued it with a steel blue soul. 

33 minutes ago, Xfaxtor said:

So... is there any teoretical chance of us clinching the title at OT?

I have just scribbled out a rough idea and by my reckoning if we were to win all ours and City and Spurs were to lose all of theirs, by the end of the Manure game we would be 22 points clear with 21 points left to play for......

So, unlikely but wouldn't it be sweet!

I see a lot of people on this thread complaining about Stoke City's play, but what did we really expect? We knew coming in here that they would play their famous rugby style, however the ref let it go on - whoever that guy was sux

15 minutes ago, robdog said:

I see a lot of people on this thread complaining about Stoke City's play, but what did we really expect? We knew coming in here that they would play their famous rugby style, however the ref let it go on - whoever that guy was sux

agreed - and also a lot of people here gave some of our players a fair deal of criticism throughout the match. it was a dog fight, it almost always is against Stoke and when the opponent plays the game the way they do it can't be easy to produce your best

great result, we march on

Over the years the one major gripe i had was our mental stength late in games when losing or drawing, even our 04-10 lads couldn't crack it and i could be wrong but i think we got about 7-12 late (80 minute plus) winners and probably even less late equalizer's and it was infruariating. That's the one big mentality change Antonio has brought, 8 points this season alone have been won in the final 10 minutes (its likely only that little due to how much we are winning) and its the difference between us being miles ahead and this being a close race.