Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Backbiter said:

I read that official statement. Where did the rape allegation the Mail referred to come from? Other news sources made no mention of it.

You need a reason to be arrested right? 

The police leak a lot of info to papers. That's how they found it out. 

Innocent until proven otherwise. 

Opposition fans are loving this at the moment. 

Stupid decision to have her over but what 19 year old lad wouldn't have a gorgeous model over if they wanted to? Don't know many women that go round strangers house at 4am without the intention of having sex.

5 hours ago, dkw said:

No.

It was definitely being reported that way but only in some places. No idea why. This is from The Times:

A police statement yesterday said: “Police and London Ambulance Service were called at 3.53am on Sunday, May 17 to a report of an unwell woman. When emergency services attended, a woman reported that she was raped. She was taken to hospital. A man...

It goes on after that but it's behind their paywall.

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

It was definitely being reported that way but only in some places. No idea why. This is from The Times:

A police statement yesterday said: “Police and London Ambulance Service were called at 3.53am on Sunday, May 17 to a report of an unwell woman. When emergency services attended, a woman reported that she was raped. She was taken to hospital. A man...

It goes on after that but it's behind their paywall.

Yeah it's odd how there's no consistency in the reporting of it. 

10 hours ago, Brutos said:

One thing for sure his reputation will take a hit in the near future whether it stick's with him long term is another matter and he better has thick skin because the banter he will get in stadiums once fan's are allowed will be merciless

It didn't with Remy, he had some awful accusations when he first came to the UK but once he was cleared we never heard about it again. 

On 20/05/2020 at 11:49, coco said:

Wasnt you 19 ever ? Maybe a while ago ? Its a bit murky, but i remember myself at 19, always making mistakes and bad calls, not seeing things how they really are.

Got to this a few days late so sorry for the delay. Here it goes...

You managed to not get eaten by a dinosaur so you couldn’t have made too bad decisions in your youth.

1 hour ago, Munkworth said:

Got to this a few days late so sorry for the delay. Here it goes...

You managed to not get eaten by a dinosaur so you couldn’t have made too bad decisions in your youth.

I have plenty of dinosaur injuries from my youth, mainly red lines across the backside.

Wasnt you 19 ever ? Maybe a while ago ? Its a bit murky, but i remember myself at 19, always making mistakes and bad calls, not seeing things how they really are.
Absolutely. Still doesn't make the alleged thing any better. The girl here is the concern really. Will probably leave scars for her for life. Not easy for CHO either but he will probably go on as an adored wealthy football star as the dust settles... The lures must be unbearable at times for these young guns. Girls are throwing themselves at these rich kids I'd imagine. Sad incident and it really puts another stain on the club as well.

Let me think back to when I was 19.  However this time I had my own home where I could do what I wanted, my Dad wasn't sending me out on my bike knocking round for jobs, and rather than the Kays catalogue I had a magical device that could deliver hot women to my door step like a pizza delivery service - yeah I think I may have broken lockdown - a few times - a week

Just to be clear if there's any hint of rape or battery then it doesn't matter how old you are you should know better, that's not a mistake, thats being a nasty little sh*t.

Edited by DarkMata
Just to be clear

This whole "lets think back to when I was 19" is pointless, none of us here had the money or fame at 19 like Callum has. We can't compare our lives to his at 19, he's in the spotlight constantly, people know he has money and unfortunately at times we've seen nasty people take advantage of this with numerous athletes and celebrities in the past. That's not to say I'm saying he's innocent, I'll stress that again, I'm waiting until the facts come out until I make any comments about it. But the comparisons we are making here are just silly imo. 

On 27/05/2020 at 09:53, Slojo said:

This whole "lets think back to when I was 19" is pointless, none of us here had the money or fame at 19 like Callum has. We can't compare our lives to his at 19, he's in the spotlight constantly, people know he has money and unfortunately at times we've seen nasty people take advantage of this with numerous athletes and celebrities in the past. That's not to say I'm saying he's innocent, I'll stress that again, I'm waiting until the facts come out until I make any comments about it. But the comparisons we are making here are just silly imo. 

Exactly!

There's a world of difference between a dumb 19 year college kid out partying, getting drunk, and do some dumb sh*t; vs a 19 year old professional athlete on the book of one of the biggest clubs in the world and making millions of dollars a year.

And "rape" is not just another dumb sh*t that kids do, it's a serious crime.

With that said, he's still consider innocent until proven guilty.

9 hours ago, haviet1 said:

Exactly!

There's a world of difference between a dumb 19 year college kid out partying, getting drunk, and do some dumb sh*t; vs a 19 year old professional athlete on the book of one of the biggest clubs in the world and making millions of dollars a year.

And "rape" is not just another dumb sh*t that kids do, it's a serious crime.

With that said, he's still consider innocent until proven guilty.

Not one person has suggested otherwise. I'm not sure why you felt the need to say this.

Also, being a talented footballer and professional athlete doesn't suddenly make you mature faster.

On 27/05/2020 at 14:53, Slojo said:

It's not pointless at all. We are all capable of remembering how flawed we were at 19, and how we made bad decisions. We don't need fame and money to understand young people are immature and make bad decisions. 

• 2 weeks later...

24 minutes ago, Brutos said:

I really hope he learns from this and don't get caught with these allegations again, when you are a footballer you are a target get your bloody head down and show why you deserve to be playing.

He did nothing wrong, other than break quarantine rules. Not much you can do about the supposed rape allegation. Footballers, especially young(er) players, will always be looking to hook up with women. It looks like Callum did the right thing in that regard. We should be praising him on that side. Yes, don’t break quarantine rules though.

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

He did nothing wrong, other than break quarantine rules. Not much you can do about the supposed rape allegation. Footballers, especially young(er) players, will always be looking to hook up with women. It looks like Callum did the right thing in that regard. We should be praising him on that side. Yes, don’t break quarantine rules though.

He invited a strange woman he met on Instagram into his home in the middle.of the night which as you say, was breaking lockdown rules. 

So 1) he did something wrong and 2) he was stupid. 

So yes, hopefully he can learn something from this. He shouldnt be getting any praise and this should be a wake up call. 

Good thing the club didn't jump the gun until the investigation was complete.

Relief to hear that the police will not pursue the investigation any further, but I hope it's a wake up call to Callum to smarten up his act.

He has a bright future ahead of him. Here's hoping this experience provides him that extra step to better himself on and off the pitch.

16 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

He invited a strange woman he met on Instagram into his home in the middle.of the night which as you say, was breaking lockdown rules. 

So 1) he did something wrong and 2) he was stupid. 

So yes, hopefully he can learn something from this. He shouldnt be getting any praise and this should be a wake up call. 

No one is giving him praise, what a bizarre thing to say. Do you still want him out of the club?

11 minutes ago, dkw said:

No one is giving him praise, what a bizarre thing to say. Do you still want him out of the club?

1 hour ago, mwblue10 said:

Odd. If we praise the majority of people who do the right thing in whatever, we'd have no time for anything else but handing out compliments :rolleyes:

Still, I'm glad this has blown over, and we can look forward to CHO focusing on his football.

Edited by Valerie

2 hours ago, mwblue10 said:

Not sure I understand what it is we should be praising him for.