Callum Hudson-Odoi

enigma
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 06/02/2022 at 15:15, Argo said:

I remember going to the Burnley game in Frank's first season and leaving the ground buzzing about how good he and James looked as a partnership on that side, the word telepathic understanding is used too easily but it really isn't an exaggeration where those two are/were concerned.

I don't think we've seen them together on that side much if atall since which is really disappointing.

We have seen it mutliple time under Tuchel but it didn't work because in 343 there is no winger

Edited by Bob stark

14 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

Got an assist, with a cross with his weak foot. Maybe he should use his left peg more often, because his right foot is f**king trash. Absolutely atrocious.

The cross he didn’t think about was right on the money. Five minutes later he had a similar chance with four in the box, cut in on his right and hit# the corner flag. 

I have been one of the few people that has always asked for patience and time where he is concerned, but to be honest he has frustrated the hell of me this last month due to all the reasons stated above by others. 
I was firmly in the sell in the summer and move on, but those key passes stats are very interesting. Changed my mind now to keep hold for the next 2 seasons, he might just be on the verge of his breakthrough. You just get the sense that if we got rid of him prematurely he is odds on to turn into another Salah/De Bruyne.

AA79B9A8-73DB-4027-8BB0-D2D701D93EEE.jpeg

On 08/02/2022 at 09:49, Bob stark said:

We have seen it mutliple time under Tuchel but it didn't work because in 343 there is no winger

This is pretty much bang on the money for me. Him and Pulisic are probably the only proper wingers we have in the squad. If we're to revert back to a back 4 at any point i think CHO would end up one of the crucial players in our team.

I was watching a game someone had embedded on another forum making the point his pace has gone due to the injury.

It was against Arsenal and Fabregas was playing for us.

He really looked a hot prospect.

I suspect he had to change his game due to the injuries.

I think similar with RLC and Barkley.

8 hours ago, ducavis said:

I have been one of the few people that has always asked for patience and time where he is concerned, but to be honest he has frustrated the hell of me this last month due to all the reasons stated above by others. 
I was firmly in the sell in the summer and move on, but those key passes stats are very interesting. Changed my mind now to keep hold for the next 2 seasons, he might just be on the verge of his breakthrough. You just get the sense that if we got rid of him prematurely he is odds on to turn into another Salah/De Bruyne.

Live scenes from @Argo house:

Happy King Kong GIF by Originals

11 hours ago, ducavis said:

Just goes to prove how misleading stats can be.

Go with what your eyes tell you.

11 hours ago, ducavis said:

I can’t believe people want to sell him. Yes his end product hasn’t always been up to scratch but he’s in his first season playing with any sort of regularity. At least he’s looking to make things happen. 

23 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Just goes to prove how misleading stats can be.

Go with what your eyes tell you.

Last league win we had his quality opened up the situation which allowed Ziyech to do what he did.

The league win before that he was a big part in all three goals.

In our best spell of the season he was out best attacker, to which he had his momentum clipped by being unfairly dropped.

If you were to say his he is underachieving scaled for his potential I'd be inclined to agree but he has not been close to as bad as people are making out.

18 minutes ago, Argo said:

Last league win we had his quality opened up the situation which allowed Ziyech to do what he did.

The league win before that he was a big part in all three goals.

In our best spell of the season he was out best attacker, to which he had his momentum clipped by being unfairly dropped.

If you were to say his he is underachieving scaled for his potential I'd be inclined to agree but he has not been close to as bad as people are making out.

Sorry Argo, I just don't see it. Sure, he has shown glimpses but as a wide man, he is expected to beat his man or put in decent crosses regularly, yet we're lucky if he does it once in a match.

On Saturday, he put in one decent cross and Lukaku buried it. The rest was woeful. So often he just runs into defenders and loses possession or takes the easy option and passes it backwards rather than take on his man. 

Had such high hopes for him but just like RLC and plenty of others before him, I can't see it happening. Would love to be proved wrong though.

19 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

This is pretty much bang on the money for me. Him and Pulisic are probably the only proper wingers we have in the squad. If we're to revert back to a back 4 at any point i think CHO would end up one of the crucial players in our team.

It all come down to who do you want to get the best out of.

Personally ive always felt his best performances have come at right wing.

He is a traditional winger, more of a throwback to the 90's where right footed wingers, got to the byline and put crosses in, compared to nowadays, where they all want to play inverted and score double digits every season. 

I really wouldnt entertain the idea of selling him, still very young and inconsistent, which is to be expected. 

If we play more 433/4231, then i think he would offer a nice option down the right with Ziyech, and he links up really well with Reece James. 

He is definitely not as explosive post injury, neither is RLC, which is a real shame, which is why i think he is even more suited to the right now, as he only has to get half a yard to put in a cross on the right, whereas on the left, he seems to want either completely beat a man on the outside, or come inside into a congested area. Its rare that he goes down the line a whips a cross in on that left side with his left foot like he did for the goal. 

Valuable asset for me. 

2 hours ago, big blue said:

He is a traditional winger, more of a throwback to the 90's where right footed wingers, got to the byline and put crosses in, compared to nowadays, where they all want to play inverted and score double digits every season. 

I really wouldnt entertain the idea of selling him, still very young and inconsistent, which is to be expected. 

If we play more 433/4231, then i think he would offer a nice option down the right with Ziyech, and he links up really well with Reece James. 

He is definitely not as explosive post injury, neither is RLC, which is a real shame, which is why i think he is even more suited to the right now, as he only has to get half a yard to put in a cross on the right, whereas on the left, he seems to want either completely beat a man on the outside, or come inside into a congested area. Its rare that he goes down the line a whips a cross in on that left side with his left foot like he did for the goal. 

Valuable asset for me. 

It used to be such a rarity to see inverted wingers, there was no better sight than seeing a winger tear it up to the byline and deliver a cross for the waiting forward...even Werner couldn't get offside from that situation!

Far too soon to consider letting CHO go, he is still very young and still learning the game. His defensive awareness has developed. Can he reach previous expected 'highs'? time will tell.

3 hours ago, big blue said:

It's also a big reason him and James compliment each other so well. James as a hug the line fullback/wingback is above average at best but when he's given the freedom to drift into the centre of the pitch he's bonafide world class. A wide winger is the perfect partner for Reece.

8 hours ago, charierre said:

It used to be such a rarity to see inverted wingers, there was no better sight than seeing a winger tear it up to the byline and deliver a cross for the waiting forward...even Werner couldn't get offside from that situation!

Far too soon to consider letting CHO go, he is still very young and still learning the game. His defensive awareness has developed. Can he reach previous expected 'highs'? time will tell.

Personally I think CHO's ceiling has actually been raised under TT. How he played under Sarri I saw bright things and imagined he could become the next Raheem Sterling now I think he's developing the defensive side of the winger game and that will make him even more of a complete player

16 hours ago, big blue said:

Valuable asset for me. 

Nah he is far better on the left, his best attributes is his ability to get player ball in the box which is far more difficult to do on your "correct" side..

But Cho abilitu to play multiple angle allow him to play on the right as well.

14 hours ago, charierre said:

Agree, it is a very rare sight this days. Pep used to do it in Bayern and with his city 1.0. His city with sane and sterling flying on the wing was far more fun to watch than this snooze fest football that they have been playing for a couple yeara now.

On 17/02/2022 at 16:17, axman2526 said:

Well we could use him on the right and CP on the left at Palace. See if Rom likes that service.

We could have Zola behind him, Duff and Beckham on the wings, Cesc in midfield and the Liverpool fullbacks and it will still somehow be all their fault.

• 2 weeks later...

Possibly his worst performance last night. Had a chance to excel against a championship defence yet couldn't beat a man or even run at their defence. At least when Pulicic came on we saw a wide player try running with the ball. I know players have off games, but CHO is not showing any sort of consistency to suggest he is worth persevering with. Looks like another player who will drop down the divisions over the next few seasons.

24 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Possibly his worst performance last night. Had a chance to excel against a championship defence yet couldn't beat a man or even run at their defence. At least when Pulicic came on we saw a wide player try running with the ball. I know players have off games, but CHO is not showing any sort of consistency to suggest he is worth persevering with. Looks like another player who will drop down the divisions over the next few seasons.

On a free when his deal runs out. No way anyone pays him 200k again unless he improves.