Man City Vs Chelsea (PL) Sun 04 Mar 2018 16:00 UK

coco

6 minutes ago, zes said:

We all know how the team will be set up. Sit deep and couter City with Willian/Hazard, like we did vs Barca. 

That's a very basic assessment of how we play anyway.

The thing with Citeh, they have the ball for long periods, and people assume you need to hold the ball away from them to be successful. But the best part of their game imo is the way they play without the ball, the high press is just part of it, but they have a game plan like no other team when they have not got the ball. It's something we need to aim towards ourselves.

3 minutes ago, coco said:

That's a very basic assessment of how we play anyway.

The thing with Citeh, they have the ball for long periods, and people assume you need to hold the ball away from them to be successful. But the best part of their game imo is the way they play without the ball, the high press is just part of it, but they have a game plan like no other team when they have not got the ball. It's something we need to aim towards ourselves.

We were lucky to win there last season. We were getting battered at 1-1 and De Bruyne missed a sitter from 2 yards out. Luckily we killed them off on the counter. I don't think we'll be so fortunate this time and I know there's more to our play but I don't see how we can beat these lot. We are nowhere near as clinical as last season and our team balance is worse than last season. 

5 hours ago, Zeta said:

No chance.

4 hours ago, bluedave said:

That's the spirit!

To be fair he is right, they are way above our level at the mo.

4 hours ago, Bobbywoodhogan said:

Can’t say I’m very confident 

Why would you be? We lost to an average man United and how many games have we won this year? What is a win percentage like in that time?

1 hour ago, BuBbA said:

Agreed, not a chance. We will be lucky if we get out without being embarrassing.

Just like Barca! That was considered a feather in the cap of Antonio, a masterclass that still has us in a losing potion going in to the Camp Nou. But after Watford and Bournemouth pulled our pants down getting out of that game with a draw was seen as a huge moral victory. As would a point at City no doubt be.

This will be a totally different game than against Utd.....if we didn't get anything at Old Trafford (even though we should have done) then I don't see us getting much out of this game either....it depends which Chelsea turn up for the full 90 minutes.   We knew this was going to be a tough period and had we not have beaten by Bournemouth and Watford the damage a point each from both of these games would have been OK.   Hopefully Utd can take a point or even beat Spurs next week to at least keep them in touching distance.

Spurs have still to play us and City; obviously we've got Spurs then, but we've this game v City and play Liverpool in May. I think top 4 is going to rest on these games. We have got to beat Spurs and get something from the City and Liverpool games. I'm undecided about how good Man Utd are but on current form, City, Liverpool and Spurs are the best sides. We're a little bit off and need to find something to get us through, it's not getting any easier.

Only chance we have of getting something out of this game will be with this lineup:

Courtois

Azpi    Cahill   Rudiger

Moses   Kante    Luiz   Bakayoko  Palmeiri

Willian        Eden

My saying is, "never underestimate the chels" time and time again we prove people wrong with odd results, i personally think there's every chance of going there and getting 3 points, yes man city are great going forward but so can we be aswell and i still dont rate there back line its as weak as liverfools, we brush ourselves down and go again sunday
#inconteitrust#keepthefaith

Same team that played Barca.

Get the whole team to play further up the pitch, engage with citeh as far up the pitch as we can, keep a high intensity pace, chase down their ball holder in two's, the rest of the team close down all other pass options.

Yes this will leave space behind and render ourselves more vulnerable when we lose the ball, but we will not win this game unless we engage with citeh higher up the pitch. We will just end up with no ball and no territory in thier half, totally relying on the odd counter attack in between, which will usually end up with us quickly giving possession back and being out of position and ripe for attacking.

12 hours ago, axman2526 said:

To be fair he is right, they are way above our level at the mo.

It's a good job Wigan didn't have that attitude before playing City one week ago. And our players (if not many of the posters here, who apparently never learn their lesson) before the Barcelona game in the week. 

I know our fans are expecting us to get a thrashing here, but I feel we will turn up for this. It feels like the tie vs barca where our backs are against the wall to get a good result.

Not saying we will win, but I believe  we will put up a great effort and trouble city. I feel they can be got at defensively. Utd defend more and it's harder to get goals, but with city they are more open and chances can be created. 

Last time they played us was after a midweek visit to athletico in which we put a lot into. This time we are rested and ready to go. 

12 hours ago, DJSankiller007 said:

Only chance we have of getting something out of this game will be with this lineup:

Courtois

Azpi    Cahill   Rudiger

Moses   Kante    Luiz   Bakayoko  Palmeiri

Willian        Eden

Any team that starts Bakayoko may as well start the game with 10 men. 10 v 11 vs Manchester City is asking for real trouble. He simply cannot be trusted. 

Archived