Chelsea V Spuds (PL) Sun 1st April 16:00 UK

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Just now, goose said:

Might be our best way into the Champions League next season unfortunately.

Ah yes, forgot about that, definitely a huge consideration. United benefited from it and now Arse are top 2 favourites to win this year. We have to make sure we get in it

1 minute ago, Blue Exile said:

What do we have to do to miss out on the Europa league?

We should still try for 5th place, so much money on offer, and a chance to play players who can't get in the team.

Story of our season, decent first half, missed chances, brain fart and from a position of strength we capitulate. Not enough men on the pitch today we are like Spuds used to be mentally weak throughout the team.

We all know our overall squad depth is poor but why does it take our 'world class' manager till the 82nd minute to affect any kind of change or personnel or tactics? You clearly don't get an awful lot for your 9 million a year these days. 

3 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

No excuses for sh*t performances, poor team selections and not making subs, also cant see when a game is changing. Many managers can perform better than this sh*t season on lower budgets and less quality players.

he hasn't adapted. last season he changed formation, it worked wonders, but he continued it into this season when other coaches were adapting themselves. the extra fixtures have also had a lot to do with it too. he did get fortunate we had lack of fixtures. we even tapered off towards the end of the season and even spurs and city with the extra fixtures still were able to run us close. i just think conte hasn't experienced a league or as much solid competition like this in the past and he has run out of ideas, which in turn leads him to keep blaming the board to deflect from the real issue, which is him. the game has passed him by after one season and getting outsmarted by wenger with that dreadful arsenal side in the fa cup last season and this season too is the cherry on top. 

3 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

Haha, so its all transfers. Conte has had a perfect season, living in a dreamworld.

No of course it aint transfers.....but it f**king helps a great deal. Conte has plenty to blame for.......but you the one in dreamworld if you think this is all Conte. Thats the issue with us fans....we have copied our boards tactic....that war axe for conte's head. He does not want to be here? Would you?

1 minute ago, Floyd25 said:

If we had a board that gave a f**k, this wouldn’t have happened, but it’s all about profit now, first and foremost, mucking around in the market, penny pinching. Conte isn’t blameless, but has a right to be pissed off, I haven’t been this dejected for a long time. We have to hope we invest properly in the summer, time will tell. For now, I’ve used up all the f**ks I have to give in the league, who gives a flying f**k about the remaining games, just play the academy players for all I care. 

marina granoskaia needs to take a good hard look at herself. 

2 minutes ago, King Didier said:

His goal scoring wasn’t the best, but still he held up the ball well allowing us to win games narrowly. The reason why our players look like headless chickens in the final third is we don’t have a reference point (center forward) they trust to do a one two or finish what they provide.

No he wasn't. What is with the re-writing of history on here when it comes to Costa? It was only a year ago, can people honestly not remember that far back? He couldn't hold play, our attacks broke down almost every time the ball went to him. It was Pedro and Hazard that were doing the work to get us over the line and win the title.

3 minutes ago, charierre said:

Story of our season, decent first half, missed chances, brain fart and from a position of strength we capitulate. Not enough men on the pitch today we are like Spuds used to be mentally weak throughout the team.

We all know our overall squad depth is poor but why does it take our 'world class' manager till the 82nd minute to affect any kind of change or personnel or tactics? You clearly don't get an awful lot for your 9 million a year these days. 

He isn’t and has never been a world class coach. Juventus has won’t Serie A 7 times in a row, and last season we didn’t have any European games. He is easily found out in CL games.

3 minutes ago, Stim said:

Rose tinted glasses. You'd read 'like playing with 10 men' 50 times a game suddenly you want to act like people were happy with Diego. Nope.

No, it’s just that even when performing like you described he offered more than that milksop we’ve got up front now. He’s got less backbone than a blancmange.

2 minutes ago, TheBluesBrother said:

He's not good enough. As a backup player maybe but not as our main central defender. Too many mistakes, too many losses.

We'll agree to disagree. I think he's more than good enough. I repeat he's only 21 and playing in a team with no midfield to protect him.

1 minute ago, enigma said:

he hasn't adapted. last season he changed formation, it worked wonders, but he continued it into this season when other coaches were adapting themselves. the extra fixtures have also had a lot to do with it too. he did get fortunate we had lack of fixtures. we even tapered off towards the end of the season and even spurs and city with the extra fixtures still were able to run us close. i just think conte hasn't experienced a league or as much solid competition like this in the past and he has run out of ideas, which in turn leads him to keep blaming the board to deflect from the real issue, which is him. the game has passed him by after one season and getting outsmarted by wenger with that dreadful arsenal side in the fa cup last season and this season too is the cherry on top. 

Fully agree with you. Last season 3 at the back was the way to go, I remember even Wenger was playing it. You see all the top teams now playing mainly a back 4 but adapting to a back 3 when it's needed. Conte just doesn't react to moments in games for example when they might be dominating midfield, on top or whatever it is. His uses of subs must be the worst in the league which must be a f**k you to the board, no one can be that bad. Playing Baka constantly and not letting Zappa get a look in who recently has been better than Moses are also both f**k you' s to the board, just my opinion. Conte would love nothing better to be sacked. When Wenger is getting one over you then it is bad.

1 minute ago, Snedger said:

No, it’s just that even when performing like you described he offered more than that milksop we’ve got up front now. He’s got less backbone than a blancmange.

I have to say Morata played much better than Costa did in the second half of the season last season, even if you remove his goal. Costa was only interested in pissing people off, to no avail.