Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Found this comment on the Arsenal Forum last night

These Arsenal fans are so broken ?

Kinda makes me want spuds to win it even more, then in the UEFA Super Cup to watch Chelsea vs spuds - I am sure gooners will be acting like Tommen

giphy.gif

btw your broken statement is fitting because on twitter, the new gooner badge has been making the rounds

D71eDxzU8AAhuss.jpg

Edited by robdog

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48461639

South Korea Under-18s have been stripped of a trophy for "indecent" celebrations after a player posed for a photo with his foot on it.

South Korea beat China 3-0 to win the Panda Cup on Wednesday, but the team were forced to apologise after they were criticised online for the "unforgivable" images.

The topic had 59 million views on Weibo, a Chinese social media platform.

The tournament organisers suggested South Korea would not be invited back.

'Barbaric and vulgar'

Chinese fans, who watched their team lose all three Panda Cup matches in Chengdu, expressed their anger as the social media topic 'Panda Cup committee takes back South Korean national team's trophy' went viral.

"I swear, we will never forgive Korean football," said one user, while another described the behaviour as "barbaric and vulgar".

Most fans refused to accept the South Korea apology, led by the accused player, who was criticised for "mumbling" and dropping his apology on the floor.

Meanwhile, China's state-run Global Times daily said the South Korea players "acted like conquerors rather than champions" as the team "ignored the universal ethos of sports".

Some social media users also sarcastically called for the Chinese FA to display the trophy and controversial photo as a reminder of China's shortcomings in international competitions.

The Global Times said: "The only way to stop similar incidents from happening is very simple: They must start winning."

"Chinese football needs this whip!" one social media user said. "The photo should be hung up in the Chinese Football Association's office until the Chinese team can beat them."

'Our players made a huge mistake'

The Chengdu Football Association, which organised the Panda Cup, released a statement accusing the South Korea players of "serious insult" and said it would be "taking back" the trophy.

The Chengdu FA released video footage of the team's apology, in which the squad stood together with heads bowed in their hotel as the player involved apologised.

"We apologise for the situation. One of our players made a huge mistake. We humbly apologise to all of the fans, all of the players and all of the people in China," a team official translated.

The Korean Football Association sent a letter of apology to the Chengdu FA, who have lodged a complaint with the Asian Football Confederation.

"Teams and players who violate sports ethics and spirit are not welcome to participate," the Chengdu FA said.

South Korea beat all three other teams involved - New Zealand, Thailand and China - to win the competition.

I feel sick thinking about tomorrow's game. There's literally no positive that could come out from it from our perspective.

When I think of one of the teams losing my next thought is that means the other will win, it's sickening. 

Can't even look at The Metropoliano in the same way knowing What's going down in that stadium in less than 48 hours.

18 minutes ago, Argo said:

I feel sick thinking about tomorrow's game. There's literally no positive that could come out from it from our perspective.

When I think of one of the teams losing my next thought is that means the other will win, it's sickening. 

Can't even look at The Metropoliano in the same way knowing What's going down in that stadium in less than 48 hours.

It really is a no-win situation isn't it.

People keep asking me who I want to win? The question really needs to be re-phrased as how could any neutral "want" either of these two despicable clubs to win. I don't want either to win but I know I want Sp*rs to lose more. I equally know other Chelsea fans who hate Liverp**l so much they want them to lose and I can understand that so it really is akin to asking which of your loved ones you would rather survive(who hasn't done that at some point?!!).

Will watch it and hope for a classic with plenty of goals and incidents but won't hang around to watch the winners lift the trophy as that will be too much.

14 minutes ago, Nibs said:

People keep asking me who I want to win? The question really needs to be re-phrased as how could any neutral "want" either of these two despicable clubs to win. I don't want either to win but I know I want Sp*rs to lose more. I equally know other Chelsea fans who hate Liverp**l so much they want them to lose and I can understand that so it really is akin to asking which of your loved ones you would rather survive(who hasn't done that at some point?!!).

Will watch it and hope for a classic with plenty of goals and incidents but won't hang around to watch the winners lift the trophy as that will be too much.

My default answer is both to lose somehow.

For years I have said that these two competing directly for one of the big one's is a nightmare, I never thought it would actually happen though, certainly not in this era of both being serial bottlejobs.

This is already guarenteed to be the most awful CL final from our perspective bar Moscow, and it's not even kicked off yet.

Don’t think I’ll watch it. To me, and it’s more to do with living in N Ire which is full of Liverpool supporters  I would prefer Spuds won. I really loathe Liverpool as a team and fan base more than any other group.

Hope  it’s a sh*t final and for me justice would be Van Dijk getting sent off early for a discussing tackle a bit like the one he should have been sent off for against Mertens in the group stage decider.

2 hours ago, Nibs said:

It would have been so much easier to watch if Ajax eliminated Spurs.

At least everyone here would have got behind the Dutch side without hesitation.

1 hour ago, Nibs said:

f**k me, that's the first time I've seen that. How is that not a red?

Doesn’t surprise me, nothing much was made of it, surprise, surprise. Had it been the other way round the media would still be talking about it.

Tackle I think was early on in the match at 0-0 when Liverpool had to win 1-0 to qualify for knock out stages. They’re there by default.

7 hours ago, Boyne said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48461639

South Korea Under-18s have been stripped of a trophy for "indecent" celebrations after a player posed for a photo with his foot on it.

South Korea beat China 3-0 to win the Panda Cup on Wednesday, but the team were forced to apologise after they were criticised online for the "unforgivable" images.

The topic had 59 million views on Weibo, a Chinese social media platform.

The tournament organisers suggested South Korea would not be invited back.

'Barbaric and vulgar'

Chinese fans, who watched their team lose all three Panda Cup matches in Chengdu, expressed their anger as the social media topic 'Panda Cup committee takes back South Korean national team's trophy' went viral.

"I swear, we will never forgive Korean football," said one user, while another described the behaviour as "barbaric and vulgar".

Most fans refused to accept the South Korea apology, led by the accused player, who was criticised for "mumbling" and dropping his apology on the floor.

Meanwhile, China's state-run Global Times daily said the South Korea players "acted like conquerors rather than champions" as the team "ignored the universal ethos of sports".

Some social media users also sarcastically called for the Chinese FA to display the trophy and controversial photo as a reminder of China's shortcomings in international competitions.

The Global Times said: "The only way to stop similar incidents from happening is very simple: They must start winning."

"Chinese football needs this whip!" one social media user said. "The photo should be hung up in the Chinese Football Association's office until the Chinese team can beat them."

'Our players made a huge mistake'

The Chengdu Football Association, which organised the Panda Cup, released a statement accusing the South Korea players of "serious insult" and said it would be "taking back" the trophy.

The Chengdu FA released video footage of the team's apology, in which the squad stood together with heads bowed in their hotel as the player involved apologised.

"We apologise for the situation. One of our players made a huge mistake. We humbly apologise to all of the fans, all of the players and all of the people in China," a team official translated.

The Korean Football Association sent a letter of apology to the Chengdu FA, who have lodged a complaint with the Asian Football Confederation.

"Teams and players who violate sports ethics and spirit are not welcome to participate," the Chengdu FA said.

South Korea beat all three other teams involved - New Zealand, Thailand and China - to win the competition.

Seems like a massive overreaction.