Christian Pulisic - Official

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

5 hours ago, coco said:

He'd be a gamble at that price with his injury record, i'd say more like £60m atm, 60% whay Hazard was worth, seems about right, but could be £100m+ player if he keeps up that level of performances through a whole season and stays off the medic bench.

Obviously we would never sell him but I feel we'd easily get more than 60 million for him. We paid 58 million for him when he had 18 months left on his contract and wasn't regularly starting

He's just coming of the back of the best season of his career, has 3-4 years left on his contract and is still only 21

Don't forget, before Covid the likes of Maguire, Pepe, joao Felix and Lukaku were all going for well over 70 million

On 26/08/2020 at 19:58, Sparkz said:

Obviously we would never sell him but I feel we'd easily get more than 60 million for him. We paid 58 million for him when he had 18 months left on his contract and wasn't regularly starting

He's just coming of the back of the best season of his career, has 3-4 years left on his contract and is still only 21

Don't forget, before Covid the likes of Maguire, Pepe, joao Felix and Lukaku were all going for well over 70 million

Not to mention he is American. The merchandising possibilities from the US alone increase his value. Football is still growing there and to have a truly world class American would be worth a fortune in years to come, not to mention that it strengthens our club ties to the US even more, making him more valuable to us.

8 hours ago, Coxy15 said:

Not to mention he is American. The merchandising possibilities from the US alone increase his value. Football is still growing there and to have a truly world class American would be worth a fortune in years to come, not to mention that it strengthens our club ties to the US even more, making him more valuable to us.

It would be interesting here if they started marketing him as a Chelsea player.

There is some limited marketing of him here.  For a while he was on the blue gatorade bottles but he was wearing his US National team kit and not his Chelsea kit.  

But for right now you do have the heads and tails best player on the US national team and who will likely go down as the best player in US history.  No American has ever stuck around and started, much less been a top player at a club as big as Chelsea.  We have some young prospects in France and Germany too that have looked promising but none have fully latched on as first team starters.  If they ever do Chelsea might have some competition there.  

11 hours ago, Deino said:

We should restrict him to 2nd half appearances for now. Wouldn't want to aggravate his injuries. 

The guy works hard on and off the ball. Massive talent but needs to be managed properly

Yea I feel he is the type of guy who would still push 100 percent even with a slight injury because he is so determined, great attribute but needs managed correctly 

2 hours ago, haviet1 said:

I feel Pulisic will have a phenomenal season this year, with Havertz, Werner and Ziyech taking away some of the attentions. Pulisic can just quietly does what he does best. 

Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech + Mount would be simply terrifying to face.  Any defenders nightmare.  Given the age of this group, next few years Are going to be fun. Don’t know that we can keep a clean sheet but pretty certain scoring won’t be a concern

9 hours ago, The717 said:

Pulisic, Havertz, Werner, Ziyech + Mount would be simply terrifying to face.  Any defenders nightmare.  Given the age of this group, next few years Are going to be fun. Don’t know that we can keep a clean sheet but pretty certain scoring won’t be a concern

They certainly won't have scope to double mark anyone, unless they want to leave someone lethal completely open 🙂

4 hours ago, Imran_CFC said:

I reckon Pulisic could've played against Brighton but Lampard wants him 100% for Liverpool, I hope he starts against Liverpool as a frontline which includes Pulisic & Werner will get in behind regularly against the highline of Liverpool.

Lampard said he felt a bit of discomfort in training and that they are monitoring it.  

I'd love to be wrong about it but I just don't see him being available.  It's a long season and I doubt Lampard wants to push him back on the pitch too early and lose him for more time because of it.