Reece James

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

51 minutes ago, Juan Nil said:

Englands best player in the 1st half, put in some great crosses

He's been excellent throughout the whole international break tbh and there's a real opening for that RB spot because Trent can't seem to replicate his club form at International level.

56 minutes ago, Juan Nil said:

Englands best player in the 1st half, put in some great crosses

Like Argo said, he was the best England player throughout the whole game. Put in excellent crosses and bar one time when Skov went past him, he held his own defensively. 

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

This is why people say he should have so many assists by now.

How are players not finishing or anticipating the cross? They know how good he can be at crossing, so just get on the end of it and put it in the net. He's doing the hard part for them.

How many times have I said this Scott? It's amazing how Reece has so few assists, the f**king crosses that lad has whipped in and nobody gets on the end of them. Absolutely ridiculous. 

22 minutes ago, Slojo said:

How many times have I said this Scott? It's amazing how Reece has so few assists, the f**king crosses that lad has whipped in and nobody gets on the end of them. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Could this be the reason he is reluctant to cross these days?

6 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

This is why people say he should have so many assists by now.

How are players not finishing or anticipating the cross? They know how good he can be at crossing, so just get on the end of it and put it in the net. He's doing the hard part for them.

Wow lack off finishing is appalling.. in this video..

7 hours ago, Deino said:

Could this be the reason he is reluctant to cross these days?

That would be a shame if it's true. Hopefully he gets that confidence to cross more back in his game. I hope he realises that his crossing isn't the problem, it's the finishing and movement of the attacking players.

7 hours ago, Slojo said:

He should be hitting double figures easily for assists from crosses. He's fully capable of getting as many assists as Alexander-Arnold and Robertson.

I've noticed the most thing he has improved this season, especially against Sevilla is the closing down in diagonal defensive movement, once the ball coming from the left wing he's getting down under the CB and covering him in diagonal line which is great to see.

Great performance by him, he needs to keep working on his defensive ability and he would be a fantastic player, only 20 Y/O.

Keep it up, James!

7 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

TAA has been extremely poor this season, especially defensively. I hope Reece pushes on and continue to impress. He should be cementing his place for the next decade here. 

Reece's displays for England on the last break have been miles better than any of Trent's for his country. If that carries on he should be starting ahead of him.