Reece James

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Probably should have had another assist from his cross in the first half. It just needed a touch. He's doing this every game now, he always gets at least one top quality cross into the box.

Yeah but you have to understand, there's a training ground and match law that we're only allowed to score 1 in 20 Reece James crosses. All the rest have to be fluffed and badly missed. 

Improving to be a very good RB. His runs forward are better timed and now his defensive contributions have improved as well. 

My criticism has always been of him not producing crosses more and going awol in defence. Glad to see him making huge strides in those areas of his game

13 minutes ago, Slojo said:

This kid is some player, MOTM? 

A lot of doubts around him last season with his dip in form during the restart, but this season he looks incredible, love watching him play. And the poor lad should really have about 10 assists, absolutely criminal how they don't get finished. 

He's gone from being one of the players I thought wasn't quite ready to start every week to a player I don't want to see left out. If his season carries on like this, then he will be right up there as one of our players of the season. 

I didn't expect him to improve so quickly after his shaky start, but since he got called up to the England team, he's been consistent and seems to be getting better and better.

Just now, Scott Harris said:

He's gone from being one of the players I thought wasn't quite ready to start every week to a player I don't want to see left out. If his season carries on like this, then he will be right up there as one of our players of the season. 

I didn't expect him to improve so quickly after his shaky start, but since he got called up to the England team, he's been consistent and seems to be getting better and better.

He's young, so he's going to make mistakes. It's his passing and composure I like the most. He isn't the quickest but he's so tidy on the ball and under pressure. Also, people forget some of his defensive performances last season, like against Palace, completely kept Zaha quiet for the full game when they put Zaha on James to try and give him problems. 

He's really coming into his own this season, he made 45/45 passes in that second half, didn't give the ball away once. 

i think he is a real prospect.. he never loses his ball.. knows how to use his strength to block attackers like a certain Ivanovic.. has a great cross on his.. he really puts it at a platter.. rarely loses a header.. against city spurs were wining easy headers against their fullbacks.. has a good free kick on him too..

yes he is not the quickest and does get caught out every now and then when he is not concentrating.. but for a guy his age.. he can only improve the mental side... the basics are there to be a top top player..

Always liked him since seeing him at Wigan, although he has done better than I expected him to do.

His strengths are there for all to see, crossing, physical strength and his defending is improving all time.

Probably the biggest compliment I can think of is that I genuinely forget the Azpi is even on the subs bench.

On 14/07/2020 at 14:10, Gol15 said:

As much as Azpilicueta has been good on both sides, I saw plenty of games where his side was targeted and when it wasn't he did have problems dealing with crosses that came on his far post.

That doesn't mean that he isn't our best defender, after all he has the most tackles made and has been playing well for most of the season, he is our captain, I don't think that I'm putting him down.

I really believe that James isn't that far behind, he is behind in both defensive tasks and offensive tasks but next season Azpilicueta will be 31 and James has been progressing fast, he will learn to cover better and he will end up having the same amount of assists as Azpilicueta has been having.

On 10/07/2020 at 21:55, Gol15 said:

James is our first choice RB next season and you probably didn't hear it right here first.

I have been watching him last season and all I can say is that him having last season to learn and to gain experience was one of Lampard's best decisions.

7 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

I like him too and like @icecoolguy22 have largely forgotten about Azpi, Reece does seem to get a fair few yellow cards though.

The yellow yesterday was a joke, Reguillon just dived.

Speaking of yellow cards the ref was a joke yesterday, Reece, Zouma & Mount got yellows for minor fouls, equivalent fouls from Spurs were not carded. 

I think Reece was concerned about Reguillon getting past him so he run back pushing his arms out, yellow was harsh yet as you say Reguillon made the most of it.

Zouma no problem with as bizarrely he kicked his man yet he was in their half, perhaps worried about being caught out of position.

Can't recall the Mount one.

Silva was lucky to not get one for taking Ndombele's ankle feel Silva's slick talking to the midfielder changed the ref's mind.

20 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

On current form, I think he's the best right back in the league. 

I think his defending has massively improved from last season, he's getting beat less and less often now. 

Honestly, his assists stats should be one of the best for a fullback, similar to Robertson and TAA. He puts in great crosses every game, however most the times, it goes unanswered. It almost feels that we only need to post in this thread if he has a bad game, as you just know every game he plays, he is solid. Every game, he looks so good, defensively and offensively. 

This season he's been the best RB in the league. Obviously he wasn't near TAA's level last season but he's taken massive steps.

He's always had all the tools to be a great player but boy he's really putting it all together this season. That combination of technique and physicality is beautiful. 

I thought it would take him one more season to get past Azpi, but he's one of the first names on the team sheet for me now. 

Edited by True Blue23