Super Frank Lampard

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

1 minute ago, KonaKai Blue said:

100% he would still be in the job if we lets say got wins vs Wolves, Arsenal and Villa. All which are realistic expectations had the performances been up to par.

If the Athletic are right, i think he was on his way out regardless.

They dont paint a pretty picture of Lamps' reign

Wanted to leave it a few hours before I commented about it as it’s news nobody wanted to hear when we first appointed him.

Personally I think him leaving is the best decision for the team going forward, I feel he has a lot to learn as a manager and the more time went on it became apparent to me this wasn’t the place to do it. We have so many talented players in our squad and Lampard just didn’t seem to know what to do with them.

The guy is an absolute hero and his legend at the club has been in no way diminished in my eyes by this, I hope he goes elsewhere, becomes a massive success and ideally comes back further down the line and leads us to success.

Danny Murphy (TalkSport): “Kovačić & Rüdiger went directly to the board to talk about Lampard.”

Matt Law: ‘Rüdiger clashed with Azpi, who attempted to bring the squad together.’

Telegraph: ‘Young players complained of bad treatment from some experienced players.’

Disgraceful.

5 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

Wanted to leave it a few hours before I commented about it as it’s news nobody wanted to hear when we first appointed him.

Personally I think him leaving is the best decision for the team going forward, I feel he has a lot to learn as a manager and the more time went on it became apparent to me this wasn’t the place to do it. We have so many talented players in our squad and Lampard just didn’t seem to know what to do with them.

The guy is an absolute hero and his legend at the club has been in no way diminished in my eyes by this, I hope he goes elsewhere, becomes a massive success and ideally comes back further down the line and leads us to success.

This exactly sums up my feelings too. Too much too soon for him. He'll be a better manager for this and hopefully he will come back one day and deliver us some trophies.

Frank Lampard was sacked by #Chelsea during a 30-minute meeting at Stamford Bridge on Monday morning.

[via @MailSport]

Frank Lampard was on the way to the Blues' training ground in Cobham when owner Roman Abramovich called him in for a 9am meeting at Stamford Bridge, when he was informed of the club's decision to relieve him of his duties. 

[via @MailSport]

At the meeting was the club's sporting director Marina Granovskaia and #Chelsea chairman Bruce Buck, with Lampard expecting to be sacked once the meeting was arranged. 

[via @MailSport]

This appointment was always doomed to fail. Frank was inexperienced for the role. One years experience was never enough even thought he knew the club. What made the board and RA think it was going to succeed beggars belief. 

Frank’s didn’t have the tactical and management skills for the job. No idea how to play Havertz or even Werner. No experienced No2 to help him just mates.  

2 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Ironically, it seems Frank struggled to manage the senior players which is very much an AVB situation. 

Well I can understand that the board backed players like Cole, Drogba, Lampard, Terry, Cech etc. but if they chose to back Rudiger over Lampard then they're just stupid haha

3 minutes ago, Richard P said:

Would be interesting to see if this played out the same way with full stadiums. Was quite toxic after Robbie left and also Jose. I think they feel less pressure with no supporters around.

Yeah definitely made it easier. I also wonder if the players might have tried abit harder. 

1 minute ago, Richard P said:

Would be interesting to see if this played out the same way with full stadiums. Was quite toxic after Robbie left and also Jose. I think they feel less pressure with no supporters around.

Our board is susceptible to fan pressure hence the signing of Robbie to begin with, then the delayed sacking of Jose. But to be honest it would just have delayed the inevitable, maybe a small chance of him turning things around but the main issue is that Lamps doesn't change things until they've bitten us 2-3 times too many.

3 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

Our board is susceptible to fan pressure hence the signing of Robbie to begin with, then the delayed sacking of Jose. But to be honest it would just have delayed the inevitable, maybe a small chance of him turning things around but the main issue is that Lamps doesn't change things until they've bitten us 2-3 times too many.

Interested to know which things he didnt change?

If the decision was made after Leicester to sack him as is widely reported, then why wait after the next game? Perhaps out of respect Roman wanted to give Frank a chance to leave on a positive with a win?

On the other hand, the new manager won't have any time to prepare for the next game, which comes in 2 days and is critical for our chances of catching up with top 4. There were 4 days between Leicester and Luton, surely a deal could have been done during that time if they were serious. A game against a championship side in a cup tie would have been perfect for the new manager to assess the squad and have a few training sessions before games in EPL start coming thick and fast again.

6 hours ago, Blue Exile said:

Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat.

I’m so tired of football these days.

Same, it's become very draining.

3 hours ago, Andy North said:

Maybe there's some room for JT to come back.

Why would anybody want to see that knowing that he would inevitably be sacked? With or without silverware, no coach has a long term future at the club. Terry could one day come in and win league titles and a Champions League title and he will be sacked the next season if we are struggling to get into the top 4. 

2 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

I think some of us are tired of the modern game. Frank in charge, it was almost like the club had soul and heart. We could relate with the manager, we will back him through tough times, with the academy players coming through, it really was a beautiful thing to watch unfold.

Now Frank has been hurled off and we get some German in, the club have suddenly become soulless, no heart again. We're a business, a machine rather than a local business who looks after its own.

I'm just really disillusioned with the club after the sacking.

I'm the same, and if I am being honest, I have felt disillusioned with the club and football in general for a few years now. I just can't get in the mood when I know what's around the corner. There was a brief period last season when Lampard was appointed that I felt positive about football again, but it didn't last long and now that he has been sacked, football just feels empty too me. 

Then you add sh*t like covid which has basically sucked all life out of football and most things in life, the constant rule changes, VAR, the blatant cheating that is going unpunished and ignored in the sport all around the world, and bullsh*t like United and Liverpool trying to set up a breakaway from domestic football......all of this takes it's toll.

I think the last time I really enjoyed football was in 2014-15. There has been a few high moments since then, but even the highest moments like winning the league and F.A cup with Conte and Europa League with Sarri hasn't been enough to improve how I feel about the game. It's not just about success for me, it papers over the cracks for a little while, but the problems with the club and football are still there which brings my mood back down again fairly quickly. 

I do wonder how people stay positive and optimistic about the sport these days. What exactly is there to be optimistic about?

20 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Danny Murphy (TalkSport): “Kovačić & Rüdiger went directly to the board to talk about Lampard.”

Matt Law: ‘Rüdiger clashed with Azpi, who attempted to bring the squad together.’

Telegraph: ‘Young players complained of bad treatment from some experienced players.’

Disgraceful.

What we should have done is get rid of the bad eggs this window, such as Kovacic and Rudiger. Tomori can cover for Rudiger and Loftus Cheek or Barkley recalled to take Kovacic’s spot.

Build the team around academy players and the German signings.

Oh well, it’s too late now. Player power will always win at Chelsea even if it’s average players like Kovacic and Rudiger.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Same, it's become very draining.

Why would anybody want to see that knowing that he would inevitably be sacked? With or without silverware, no coach has a long term future at the club. Terry could one day come in and win league titles and a Champions League title and he will be sacked the next season if we are struggling to get into the top 4. 

I'm the same, and if I am being honest, I have felt disillusioned with the club and football in general for a few years now. I just can't get in the mood when I know what's around the corner. There was a brief period last season when Lampard was appointed that I felt positive about football again, but it didn't last long and now that he has been sacked, football just feels empty too me. 

Then you add sh*t like covid which has basically sucked all life out of football and most things in life, the constant rule changes, VAR, the blatant cheating that is going unpunished and ignored in the sport all around the world, and bullsh*t like United and Liverpool trying to set up a breakaway from domestic football......all of this takes it's toll.

I think the last time I really enjoyed football was in 2014-15. There has been a few high moments since then, but even the highest moments like winning the league and F.A cup with Conte and Europa League with Sarri hasn't been enough to improve how I feel about the game. It's not just about success for me, it papers over the cracks for a little while, but the problems with the club and football are still there which brings my mood back down again fairly quickly. 

I do wonder how people stay positive and optimistic about the sport these days. What exactly is there to be optimistic about?

I feel very much the same, old git now apparently but going to the Bridge for over 50 yrs, football has to me lost its soul, it's magic and to me the biggest part of being a Chelsea fan is it's buzz.

Honestly shocked at the timing, not shocked the club did this as the hope Roman had changed his ways was clearly unfounded.

Really enjoyed the past 18 months or so. Having one of our own in charge, with his staff mainly ex chelsea and promoting our young players really has been so rewarding for me to watch.

I was happy with that and happy to wait for success to come. For Frank to have 3 years and if we made no progress from here reluctantly let him go.

Beyond disappointed with the club. It is Roman's club, he can do what he wants does not matter what we think or feel.

Was looking forward to watching the Wolves game. Not so much anymore.

5 minutes ago, Imran_CFC said:

Interested to know which things he didnt change?

When he first started we had a big issue with marking in the box to the point where every team knew how to exploit and basically almost score in every game through a corner or set piece, this was fixed after we conceded far more times than necessary.

More recently there is using Timo on the wing and playing Havertz in games even though he produced nothing at all.
The slow build up play never really changed at all, the one time he did was what happened at CIty when he went overboard and then reverted to type. Kante doesn't have the legs to be box to box anymore and he finally changed that to make him a 6 but then soon went back to 8 after he recovered a bit but he still was more effective as a 6.

He didn't play Giroud until he was on the edge of leaving the club - twice. And he didn't use the cups to experiment with until the edge of himself losing his job.

To be honest after the Leicester game I wanted Lampard to be sacked for a few hours because of how bad we were. Then the Luton game came and we looked quite good with a new system and much improved style of play and then Lampard gets sacked and now I am furious at the board for making this decision.

One of the key things here is that some of the reports seem to confirm the problem of Lampard not actually choosing to bring in Havertz and Werner. It very much felt to me that neither of them actually fits into Lampard's system and what he wanted to build here. 

I wonder if it was actually the two Germans that got Lampard sacked as the board and RA don't want to risk the 120m spent on them. I guess they are hoping Tuchel will turn things around for Werner and Havertz. Not sure how to feel about this. 

I am really sad about this sacking and it almost feels as bad as when JM was sacked during his first run.