Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

Probably stating the obvious and it has already been mentioned - but I love how Lampard carries himself in press conferences. Respectful, honest and very astute comments made. In the last couple I watched feel like he was describing the way that I felt about the game, in contrast to other managers in the past whereby sometimes I have thought if they had watched the same game as me.

6 hours ago, cuppaT said:

Or the other perspective is that Liverpool played rubbish and still beat us...

Going to get really bored of reading how great we are after defeats all season. It’s a bit Wolves or Everton that. 

We didn't lose. It was a draw and Liverpool won the tie break. We just drew against one of the best sides in europe and outplayed them for large parts of the game. 

For me, that's pre season over. The season starts proper on Sunday and we will find out what this team can do over the next 3 games. Personally I suspect we might win all 3.

However over the course of the year, I don't think we will be top 4 unless Tammy kicks on.

The thing I noticed in the first two games is how fast we move the ball. And it's not just passing endlessly like last season, it's fast and effective, the players do it with purpose. We create plenty of chances, which is very reassuring because they're bound to turn into goals at some point. The team won't be facing MU or Pool quality backline on a regular basis, and we looked potent and dangerous against those btw, with more clinical finishing and a bit of luck the results could have been different.

It's going to be a difficult season, with some ups and downs, but there's a good feeling about this team, it has hunger and a fighting spirit and is very pleasing to watch.

Going to get really bored of reading how great we are after defeats all season. It’s a bit Wolves or Everton that. 

Interesting that you believe that’s totally down to Liverpool’s performance, do you not think our performance made them look worse than usual because we outplayed them? They done alright at the weekend will smashing Norwich to the side. Downplaying our performance isn’t being balanced. 

The last thing I want is us becoming glorious losers but two games in it’s a bit early to be drawing that conclusion.

8 hours ago, CFC-Forever said:

Really disappointed tonight. I championed Lampard from the moment he was mentioned as a potential choice for us, but things aren't right at the moment. The feeling I'm getting is that we'll play some good football like this but will keep getting unlucky. There's no strength in depth at all right now. And as crazy as this might sound, if we don't get the win against Leicester on Sunday, the pressure will be well and truly on. I just hope the majority of our fans keep their heads and don't call for Frank's. Lol. Of course, this is the worst way to start your reign at a new club, but he needs more time.

What! did you see last night's game?... We had a fantastic performance, and the result, yes gutting after you have spent all evening going through the emotion of watching, but I can a sure you, that coming from a supporter who been going to the bridge for 35/40 years there's no pressure from me, more excited for this season than I have since seasons 83/84 and 84/85.

I suggest any supporter that starts putting pressure on Frank after 3 games, may want to f**k off to the Emirates and watch football with  Rupert and Octavia and the Rugby crowd there.

Even for an old git like me with Frank in charge and seeing what he's trying to do with one hand tied behind his back, i am feeling very positive and can't wait for Sunday. Hell, let's all keep positive. Carefree 

Taxi

Edited by chi blue

Guest Sindre

Lampard did everything right yesterday. Learned from what happened at Old Trafford, adjusted and we were the better team over 120 minutes against one of the best sides in Europe.
How anyone can be negative after that performance is baffling to me.

Reading a few comments on this thread it seems there are a few posters a little too eager to say "Ah ha! told you Lampard wasn't ready" or some such. 

I wouldn't mind but he's overseen a grand total of two games. 

He's inherited a squad that's just lost it's best player of the last decade and trying to oversee the integration of some youth players who have no top flight experience. I mean, just a little bit of patience, yeah? 

To be fair, Klopp has been at Liverpool for four seasons. He has had the time to implement his style. I am impressed with the way we are playing. I think a shout out should go to Sarri too for building the foundations for this style. It certainly helps that Morris and Lampard both have a similar vision for the style of play that Sarri had, albeit not as rigid. Anyway, I think if the club and fans are serious about Lampard, youth etc, implementing the style, then Lampard needs to be given as much time as Poch and Klopp. We don't have the funds that City have to provide Lampard with, so we have to go the route of Spurs and Liverpool in recruiting smartly and giving patience. 

6 minutes ago, Ewell CFC said:

Thought the ref was diabolical.

Why? What did they do wrong? 

Thought the game flowed quite well last night and there wasn't an overuse of VAR which we've seen recently. 

Had no complaints personally, if anything they did us a favour with awarding the penalty for the extra-time equaliser. 

18 minutes ago, enigma said:

I think a shout out should go to Sarri too for building the foundations for this style. 

I don't see many similarities with Sarri's system personally. 

The transition of the ball from defence to attack is much faster, more willingness to play on the counter attack. 

Guest Sindre
1 minute ago, ForeverCarefree said:

The transition of the ball from defence to attack is much faster, more willingness to play on the counter attack. 

Much faster is an understatement. It's night and day in that regard.

5 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Thought the game flowed quite well last night and there wasn't an overuse of VAR which we've seen recently. 

Had no complaints personally, if anything they did us a favour with awarding the penalty for the extra-time equaliser. 

Would be nice to see that standard of reffing in the PL. The lineswoman in particular had a blinder, so many tight offside calls all correct. 

7 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Well, I see its similarities with how we played the EL final or how we played City or Pool at the Bridge. That's how I understand Sarri wanted us to play, but during parts of last season the players were way too static for the ball to flow like yesterday. We'll see how fast we can play other teams that park the bus, which are the ones we struggled most with the flow.

Edited by RMH

10 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I thought they did OK for the most part, but the timing of linesmen offside calls was odd, it felt like time and again they waited until the play was over to finally waive the flag. 

1 minute ago, abramovich said:

I thought they did OK for the most part, but the timing of linesmen offside calls was odd, it felt like time and again they waited until the play was over to finally waive the flag. 

Thats the Eufa ruling for offsides though... they have to wait until the play is completed (for some f**king reason) the FA have taken a different approach 

3 minutes ago, Bonzodog29 said:

Thats the Eufa ruling for offsides though... they have to wait until the play is completed (for some f**king reason) the FA have taken a different approach 

I didn't realize that. That's a weird ruling, what good could it possibly do to let the play complete, if it's going to be called for offside in the end, anyway?

5 minutes ago, abramovich said:

I didn't realize that. That's a weird ruling, what good could it possibly do to let the play complete, if it's going to be called for offside in the end, anyway?

I think its to let VAR make the choice, so if it ends with a goal it can still be allowed if shown to be marginally onside. (and vice versa) stops the moments when you see a replay back and they striker is onside and flagged off and the play breaks down. 

5 minutes ago, Bonzodog29 said:

I think its to let VAR make the choice, so if it ends with a goal it can still be allowed if shown to be marginally onside. (and vice versa) stops the moments when you see a replay back and they striker is onside and flagged off and the play breaks down. 

Interesting. I may be wrong but they didn't go to VAR for Mount's disallowed goal, did they?