Itsintheblood89

Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

14 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Barcelona were reputedly interested in him and Utd are probably over protective due to potential fan backlash if he were to start knocking them in for fun for them.

No way where Barcelona interested in him, it was just his agent putting stories out in the press.

41 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Arsenal bidding £40m for Zaha when Palace value him at £70m is peak Arsenal. 

They wanted to pay in instalments also. 

For whatever reason their finances are in a mess. The new stadium was meant to take them to the next level, but mismanagement & poor performances in the PL & continentally has hampered them. Scarily enough read they are potentially going to post a loss this year, and when you look at their squad there is no quality bar their 2 forwards.

2 hours ago, ducavis said:

They wanted to pay in instalments also. 

For whatever reason their finances are in a mess. The new stadium was meant to take them to the next level, but mismanagement & poor performances in the PL & continentally has hampered them. Hilariously  enough read they are potentially going to post a loss this year, and when you look at their squad there is no quality bar their 2 forwards.

fixed it for you.

So Benitez leaves Newcastle and issues a statement saying the club didn't share his vision. 

Two days later he's joining a club from China earning himself £12m a year. 

Now, call me a cynic.... but it's taken us over a week to negotiate Lampard's arrival... Yet Benitez manages to leave Newcastle and find a new club within two days? Me thinks his "vision" was more closely linked to his bank account than any ambitions he may have had for Newcastle football club.  

3 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

So Benitez leaves Newcastle and issues a statement saying the club didn't share his vision. 

Two days later he's joining a club from China earning himself £12m a year. 

Now, call me a cynic.... but it's taken us over a week to negotiate Lampard's arrival... Yet Benitez manages to leave Newcastle and find a new club within two days? Me thinks his "vision" was more closely linked to his bank account than any ambitions he may have had for Newcastle football club.  

Hes a shyster, he spends years cultivating a relationship with the fans while doing f**k all with the team and completely blaming the board for all the problems. So then when he leaves its everyone elses fault and he would love to stay and fix things but the board are terrible people.....

Oh hello Chinese fella, how much a a year, yeah see you at work tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, dkw said:

Hes a shyster, he spends years cultivating a relationship with the fans while doing f**k all with the team and completely blaming the board for all the problems.

He's done very well at Newcastle. Everyone knows Mike Ashley is a sh*te owner as he was before Benitez got to Newcastle and he will continue to be. Newcastle-fans have wanted him out for what seems like forever by now.

35 minutes ago, Sindre said:

He's done very well at Newcastle. Everyone knows Mike Ashley is a sh*te owner as he was before Benitez got to Newcastle and he will continue to be. Newcastle-fans have wanted him out for what seems like forever by now.

He didn't do a bad job but I wouldn't say his achievements are any better than managers operating on similar budgets to him.  

Ashley's been there for more than 10 years now, Benitez knew what he was signing up for when he joined Newcastle. 

He thought that he could use them as a stepping stone into getting back into managing an elite club but none of them want him because his track record since leaving Liverpool is so average. So he's off for a big payday in China for a couple of years before probably returning to Spain and becoming their equivalent of Sam Allardyce. 

12 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

He didn't do a bad job but I wouldn't say his achievements are any better than managers operating on similar budgets to him.  

Ashley's been there for more than 10 years now, Benitez knew what he was signing up for when he joined Newcastle. 

He thought that he could use them as a stepping stone into getting back into managing an elite club but none of them want him because his track record since leaving Liverpool is so average. So he's off for a big payday in China for a couple of years before probably returning to Spain and becoming their equivalent of Sam Allardyce. 

Ashley literally sold their two best players only a couple of weeks after Benitez got there and didn’t replace any of them.
Never spent a dime on transfer over the three years Benitez were there (net) so he didn’t really have a budget at all.

Benitez did very well there. I think most would agree with that.

6 minutes ago, Sindre said:

Ashley literally sold their two best players only a couple of weeks after Benitez got there and didn’t replace any of them.
Never spent a dime on transfer over the three years Benitez were there (net) so he didn’t really have a budget at all.

Benitez did very well there. I think most would agree with that.

He got to spend about £150m in his three years in charge. Tottenham spent about £185m in that same period. 

Newcastle sold Wijnaldum and Sissoko but they had been relegated from the Premier League, of course they were going to lose some of their better players and I refuse to believe Benitez wouldn't have known that when taking the job. With the money made from those sale Benitez was able to bring in 10 new permanent signings. 

We've seen it before when clubs go down, they struggle to come back up again because they're not financially prepared for it. 

29 minutes ago, enigma said:

We'll see, but looks to be a good signing for them.  Though, 55m is pretty rich.  Spurs won't get slammed for the price tag though like we did with Pulisic and Kovacic.

Edited by mwblue10

If Zaha's dream is to play for Arsenal in the Europa league, he should take some pills to sleep better. Typical selfish footballer, the club owes him nothing, unless they get compensated probably, no freaking way they should sell.  In reality, he's probably worth 40M ( or even less), but it's an inflated market, any half decent EPL player demands a big fee.

Edited by icecoolguy22

6 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

If Zaha's dream is to play for Arsenal in the Europa league, he should take some pills to sleep better. Typical selfish footballer, the club owes him nothing, unless they get compensated probably, no freaking way they should sell.  In reality, he's probably worth 40M ( or even less), but it's an inflated market, any half decent EPL player demands a big fee.

He signed a record 5 year deal about a year ago didnt he? 

With how inflated prices are now and Maguire going for 70 million, you would be stupid to let Zaha go for 40 especially when he has that many years left on his contract. 

If Palace were able to get £50m for Wan-Bissaka then there’s no way they’re selling Zaha cheaply. 

They should be able to demand £70m easily for him and Arsenal lowballing is just embarrassing for them.

3 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

If Palace were able to get £50m for Wan-Bissaka then there’s no way they’re selling Zaha cheaply. 

They should be able to demand £70m easily for him and Arsenal lowballing is just embarrassing for them.

I think £70m as well and think Palace should make a statement to that effect to stop silly bids trying to unsettle Zaha.

To them he is probably a £100m player as his goals have kept them up yet the market see things differently, he is not an orthodox striker nor an orthodox winger yet is effective but the question for a prospective club is where do you play him and who do you partner him with.

7 hours ago, Soulo said:

https://www.espn.com/soccer/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/3889164/arsenal-are-in-a-rutbut-is-mediocrity-now-just-accepted-at-the-emirates

Halway decent article about whether Arsenal are heading out of elite company in England for good.

I still can't understand why Aubameyang joined Arsenal. If he had stayed at Dortmund, he probably would have been the difference for them this season and he would be celebrating a league title win. He was a player in his prime, one of the best strikers around and he joined a worse team. Money must have been his only motivation when joining Arsenal.

3 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I still can't understand why Aubameyang joined Arsenal. If he had stayed at Dortmund, he probably would have been the difference for them this season and he would be celebrating a league title win. He was a player in his prime, one of the best strikers around and he joined a worse team. Money must have been his only motivation when joining Arsenal.

It's not trophies, that's for sure. I'm of the opinion that he wanted his final lucrative contract because strikers of his kind tend to drop off immensely after hitting their 30's