Following our Nearest & Dearest Rivals 2019/20

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48954313

Clubs competing in the Champions League, Europa League and Uefa Super Cup this season will receive a share of 3.25bn euros (£2.9bn).

That figure is unchanged from what clubs received last season.

European football's governing body Uefa says 523m euros (£470m) will be deducted to pay for organisational costs and solidarity payments.

Champions League winners Liverpool will face Europa League champions Chelsea in the Uefa Super Cup in Turkey in August.

How is the Champions League fund allocated?

A total of 2.04bn euros (£1.8bn) will be divided into four categories:

• Starting fee: Each of the 32 clubs who qualify for the group stage will receive 15.25m euros (£13.7m) each.
  • Fixed amounts: Group stage bonuses will be paid each match - 2.75m euros (£2.5m) for a win and 900,000 euros (£808,000) for draw.

Clubs will also receive 9.5m euros (£8.5m) for reaching the last 16, 10.5m euros (£9.4m) for the quarter-finals, 12m euros (£10.8m) for the semi-finals and 15m euros (£13.5m) for the final. The winner will receive an additional 4m euros (£3.6m).

• Coefficient ranking: Based on a 10-year period, the ranking list will see the lowest group-stage team receive a c (£1m) share and same amount will be added on to each position.
  • Market pool: Clubs will also receive a share of 292m euros (£262m), which is distributed in accordance with the value of each national television market.

Clubs competing in the Europa League next season will receive a share of 560m euros (£503m).

15 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Sums up Arsesnal really. This guy is their captain too ?

Apparently Emery named 5 captainst last season, of them 5:-

2 have left - Cech, Ramsey

One wants to leave - Koscielny

They only have Ozil and Xhaka left - both rubbish.

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 12:51, ForeverCarefree said:

So Benitez leaves Newcastle and issues a statement saying the club didn't share his vision. 

Two days later he's joining a club from China earning himself £12m a year. 

Now, call me a cynic.... but it's taken us over a week to negotiate Lampard's arrival... Yet Benitez manages to leave Newcastle and find a new club within two days? Me thinks his "vision" was more closely linked to his bank account than any ambitions he may have had for Newcastle football club.  

Image result for i don't believe it gif victor meldrew Benitez is going to be paid £12 Million per year !

Edited by erskblue

On 10/07/2019 at 04:43, Deino said:

It's not trophies, that's for sure. I'm of the opinion that he wanted his final lucrative contract because strikers of his kind tend to drop off immensely after hitting their 30's

Dortmound wanted him out, No other club at that time was willing to bid for him and give him the big pay rise, and he just took the first offer on table. I'm sure we could have had him if we tried. Be interesting to see how he goes next season, if he's going down hill, Arsenal could  finish around mid table.

4 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Dortmound wanted him out, No other club at that time was willing to bid for him and give him the big pay rise, and he just took the first offer on table. I'm sure we could have had him if we tried. Be interesting to see how he goes next season, if he's going down hill, Arsenal could  finish around mid table.

I think he will do alright next season though the season after maybe his last.  Arsenal seem to be in trouble just now though if they do make a couple of decent signings in the right positions they might recover to be a top four team again.

Not convinced of Griezmann´s tangibles, same as of Hazard. A world beater on his day, but I would not pick him to lead my team to glory. 

Barcelona is probably a good choice for him although he created quite a mess for himself last year with the completely unnecessary documentary. 

Arsenal looking to swoop in for Brazil´s Copa America starlet Everton. 

I hope the young man doesn´t ruin his career before it gets a chance to get started.  There might be another club in the BPL that might be better suited for him. Slight hint: it´s on the merseyside and it´s not Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Soulo said:

Not convinced of Griezmann´s tangibles, same as of Hazard. A world beater on his day, but I would not pick him to lead my team to glory. 

Barcelona is probably a good choice for him although he created quite a mess for himself last year with the completely unnecessary documentary. 

Agree! Seems Barca is spending to just compete with Madrid, with no plan and with money they don’t have. They have already spent £200m+, and also plan to sign Neymar, Firpo & Cancelo. Good luck getting those players to deliver with Valverde in charge.

Its fun watching the madness from afar; Maguire for £80m, Dunk for £45m.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

Think if Utd get Maguire they will be a good bet to get top 4.

Really think Utd need more than Maguire to get top4.  They will need someone else to partner him and their midfield could do with freshening up especially if Progba moves on. 

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

Think if Utd get Maguire they will be a good bet to get top 4.

I don't think Maguire is that much of an upgrade on what they have. United's CB's are all rubbish, but Maguire isn't world class or anything, he has a ton of mistakes in him. Also, I don't care if the market is inflated, if he goes for £80m, then that is quite possibly the most insane price I have ever seen a player of his calibre go for. Look at De Ligt, the prices being talked about for him are nowhere near £80m and people are expecting him to be the best CB in the game in a few years. £80m today was £40-50m a few years ago.........no way is Maguire anywhere near worth that amount! 

• coco unpinned this topic