Kai Havertz

15 minutes ago, coco said:

You have to make them yourselves and upload them at GIPHY.

I mean these ones here on the side we have now the Like and the HaHa ♥️ 😅 doesn't matter you ruined it now!

Star Wars D GIF by Disney+

If Kai and Werner play like that in the two finals we have coming up it will be very difficult for the Leicester and City defences. 

In both cases though those teams have far more energy in their midfield, and while Kante is a force any midfield can suffer form I am very curious to see how well we can manage the game against them both when the pressure is cranked on.

6 hours ago, Sindre said:

Sure looks like a completely different player.

He allowed himself to be bullied early on this season. Most of the time he was dominated physically by just about anyone. Needing time to settle, playing in a bunch of different positions and getting a bad case of Covid didn't help him at all either but he just looks like a different player altogether right now. 

Or maybe he's one of those players that turn up when the biggest boys roll into town. At one point he was nutmegging Kroos for fun, that is surely peak for a German player.

As long as he puts in these types of performances, I'll be happy

9 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He looks like he doesn't run

Truly great athletes can do this... he glides... so he doesn't look like he's putting forth a ton of effort.

So you need some perspective... other players around him.

and when he's carrying the ball in open space, NO ONE catches up with him.

The man is a unit (that's a good thing in american english, so apologies if that doesn't translate).

I think we're going to several new levels of him as he settles in and matures. 

3 minutes ago, Skinnedy said:

Truly great athletes can do this... he glides... so he doesn't look like he's putting forth a ton of effort.

So you need some perspective... other players around him.

and when he's carrying the ball in open space, NO ONE catches up with him.

The man is a unit (that's a good thing in american english, so apologies if that doesn't translate).

I think we're going to several new levels of him as he settles in and matures. 

He has it all, not only good natural fitness but an awareness of space and movement that is simply unreal for a 21 year old. He made that 1 big mistake (part from the shot that went low which Courtois saved) when he thought he could fly by S.Ramos, there Ramos showed some real experience not to come too close to Kai and wait till he made his move, I think he loves the big games because in smaller games he plays more simple stuff and just routine passes but vs Real Madrid you could tell he was fully willing to prove himself to the max.

In the words of Gordon Ramsay "he's so raw he's eating the f**king lettuce!" 

He needed/needs to develop his game. Cause for where we want to be, he's just not it, but that doesn't mean he can't be... 

Loan move to a decent side would do him the world of good. 

Just now, BordeauxBlue said:

He needed/needs to develop his game. Cause for where we want to be, he's just not it, but that doesn't mean he can't be... 

Yeah you often see 70 million pound players loaned out lol

2 hours ago, BordeauxBlue said:

He isn't getting loaned out and he doesn't need it either. He just needs to mature as a footballer. Not every finish has to be clever, save that for when we are 2-0 up.

14 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

@Gol15 he is really letting us down now with his finishing. Our faith in him is not being reward just like earlier on with Werner.

When you consider that he stole the ball and created the whole thing by himself and still couldn't put it on target it's even more worrying...

Go back and watch his goals for Leverkusen. He is, or at least was, at the time, extraordinarily composed in front of goal. Almost as if it just didn't faze him and he made it all look so easy with his technical ability and smart finishing.

Same goes for the German national team. He's consistently performing for them.

At Chelsea so far, especially when it comes to finishing, sadly we've only seen glimpses here and there.

I expect that to improve significantly next season.

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

When you consider that he stole the ball and created the whole thing by himself and still couldn't put it on target it's even more worrying...

Everything before it eas beautiful. He was watching play well, pounced on the mistake, controlled the ball and took it away from the defender, even teeing himself up on his preferred left foot. Leno left him a huge gap to pass the ball to Lenos right in to the bottom corner and he just panicked. 

Given, as we saw, Giroud and Abraham are rusty and not even options now due to lack of game time it is a huge concern. We have no goalscorer on form, even Mount was poor today. 

Compare that to KI and JV at the foxes, Watkins at Villa and all of Cities forwards  and it is a huge concern.

45 minutes ago, Amputechture said:

Go back and watch his goals for Leverkusen. He is, or at least was, at the time, extraordinarily composed in front of goal. Almost as if it just didn't faze him and he made it all look so easy with his technical ability and smart finishing.

At Chelsea so far, especially when it comes to finishing, sadly we've only seen glimpses here and there.

Yeah he is rushing his finishing.

4 hours ago, Amputechture said:

I don't even think composure is an issue, he's just trying to be too clever with every shot. Like he feels that every goal has to be a thing of beauty. I like that he has the confidence for it, but when it's 0-0 in a big game, just hit it low and hard past the keeper.

6 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

He isn't getting loaned out and he doesn't need it either. He just needs to mature as a footballer. Not every finish has to be clever, save that for when we are 2-0 up

Yeah, I don't want Havertz out on loan next year. 

I don't think he helps his case looking soo nonchalant, too passive last night. 

Call me mental, but with Abraham up top from the start we win that game. And I'm hardly Abraham's biggest fan... 

3 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Everything before it eas beautiful. He was watching play well, pounced on the mistake, controlled the ball and took it away from the defender, even teeing himself up on his preferred left foot. Leno left him a huge gap to pass the ball to Lenos right in to the bottom corner and he just panicked. 

Given, as we saw, Giroud and Abraham are rusty and not even options now due to lack of game time it is a huge concern. We have no goalscorer on form, even Mount was poor today.

Mount looked super threatening and probably the most likely to score untill Gilmour went off, and he dropped back.