Kai Havertz

mwblue10
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Interesting to see the positive spin in the media on his (soon to be legendary) post match comments! Both the Sun (“brilliant”) and, at other end of the spectrum, the Guardian. It didn’t have to get spun this way and wouldn’t have in the past. On a related note, I think the media in general is waaaaay more favourably disposed towards this Chelsea side vs the ones of the past. Not hard to understand why. Not sure it matters either but it can’t hurt. 

I remember after the first game he played, some ex-Arsenal player already see him as the worst signing of the season, and the bashing goes on and on. Great way for Havertz to shut the critics up, how many of those pundits scored a CL final goal, or played one for that matter? The I dont f* care answer said it all.

Hasn't been an easy season for him and he's struggled for long periods but he's 21, we bought him as an investment into the player he can become not necessarily just the player he is now. 

For him to score a winning goal in a European Cup final in his first season far surpasses any of our hopes and expectations for him. 

Looking forward to him kicking on and becoming a key player for us next season and for years to come. 

Guest Sindre

Wasn't just brilliant yesterday either.

Brilliant against Atletico Madrid and Real Madrid in the CL-run as well. Played a huge part in our entire run.

Has been some time since I posted on here but I just wanted to congratulate Chelsea fans and particularly Kai on this win. I am soooo happy for him, the way he got criticized all season and then he does this in a CL final, the stuff of dreams. Immensely proud that a player from our academy has come so far and I am sure this will give him even more confidence for the next years to come. All Leverkusen fans I am in contact with are ecstatic over last night. 

Kai Havertz, Leverkusen and Chelsea legend at the age of 21!

Apparently Kai has a combined 15 goals and assists for us in 45 games this season. For a 21 year old to have a goal contribution every 3 games is not too bad, especially considering you don't know what game he could pop up in and be potentially decisive. That's his first goal in 12 appearances in the champions league and what a time to get it. Very special player and hopefully a long term stay here at Chelsea fc.

Just finished watching the game again, and whilst kante was fantastic and deserving of his motm award, I think Havertz was the best player on the pitch. Absolutely majestic, all the cute touches were coming off, he was winning duels, movement fantastic, dribbling and passing were exquisite. 

He took his goal well, but he also couldve had 2 assists, with a couple of pieces of brilliant play setting up Werner in the 1st half, and Pulisic in the 2nd. 

Really excited to see him next season, I actually think he will be our best player next season. 

What impresses me so much about him is his elegance for such a tall frame. He just glides around the pitch it really is a pleasure watching him when he's in full flow.

His ceiling is wherever he wants it to be and I would argue he may be the reason why we won't need an Mbappe or Haaland because he can be that type of player for us.

He's a finisher, playmaker and hardworker off the ball. He has everything a modern attacker needs to be successful and he appears humble as well. Imagine what he could have done this season if not for catching covid. Welcome people, to the age of King Kai

eZZ0pu6N_400x400.jpg

IMG-20210529-WA0008.jpg

Edited by LongtimerLurker

On 30/05/2021 at 15:53, icecoolguy22 said:

I remember after the first game he played, some ex-Arsenal player already see him as the worst signing of the season, and the bashing goes on and on. Great way for Havertz to shut the critics up, how many of those pundits scored a CL final goal, or played one for that matter? The I dont f* care answer said it all.

if its an Arsenal player - likely to be "ZERO"

24 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

What impresses me so much about him is his elegance for such a tall frame. He just glides around the pitch it really is a pleasure watching him when he's in full flow.

His ceiling is wherever he wants it to be and I would argue he may be the reason why we won't need an Mbappe or Haaland because he can be that type of player for us.

He's a finisher, playmaker and hardworker off the ball. He has everything a modern attacker needs to be successful and he appears humble as well. Imagine what he could have done this season if not for catching covid. Welcome people, to the age of King Kai

eZZ0pu6N_400x400.jpg

IMG-20210529-WA0008.jpg

Go on YT, and compare early footage Zidane, or Berbatov Elegance personified, and the kid has it in spades..

6 hours ago, big blue said:

Just finished watching the game again, and whilst kante was fantastic and deserving of his motm award, I think Havertz was the best player on the pitch. Absolutely majestic, all the cute touches were coming off, he was winning duels, movement fantastic, dribbling and passing were exquisite. 

He took his goal well, but he also couldve had 2 assists, with a couple of pieces of brilliant play setting up Werner in the 1st half, and Pulisic in the 2nd. 

Really excited to see him next season, I actually think he will be our best player next season. 

Completely agree, Havertz was absolute class throughout the match. To play at that level in a tense final is special. MOTM for me too, even if he hadn't scored.

On 14/05/2021 at 21:21, Strider6003 said:

I think he does do something better, it is attacking in that space between defenders and Keeper, I think he is exceptional there.

The chance the other day was running head on at the Keeper, many strikers fail in that situation as they get caught in two minds yet lets not throw the baby out with the bath water.

Mount has different strengths such as running at players rather than finding the space between Keeper and last defender.  Mount might even provide the vital ball for Kai.

What's this week's lottery numbers?