Kai Havertz

mwblue10
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

What's extra special with Havertz is the option of adding physicality to his game. He's nowhere near is physical peak, and with a couple more season in the prem under his belt, he'd going to be a complete nightmare to play against. 

I would agree with everyone else that we need a more clinical goalscorer next season, but if we can't get someone top drawer in, I think we should be looking at a smaller wide forward that scores more goals. Havertz hold up play in the middle of the pitch is quality, and he always picks the right pass. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think many of us are just disrespectful. Just because the guy is a superstar at the age of 21, should people be so jealous of him as they have been. A player like Cesc Fabregas, if I'm not wrong, I think he was already a superstar at maybe the age of 20 or so, so why are people so jealous of this guy?

I think we have to be putting things in perspective. If the reason for all these is because maybe the guy is coming to compete with Mason Mount, it should not be a problem. If after series of tests, Mason Mount is better than him, and we only have one slot for the two of them, then we can sell Havertz to another team. But I don't think Mount is as good as this guy. 

But it's not a problem, we are different in life, if Havertz has a better footballing talent than Mount, then Mount can still be coming in after 60 minutes in the second half. Then Mount will use these years to develop as a player, maybe very soon we can now be playing him with Havertz in the Midfield. 

But we must not lose Havertz to any of our rivals. He will make them so strong, and I don't want to be crying everyday I watch Chelsea play if we don't have good players and we lose football matches. Or if I see Havertz in another team and he helps them to win us, or win the premier league, or the champions league, while we are coming fourth in the premier league.

We should not apply favouritism with the issue of Mount and Havertz. I think Mount has a very good shot, but even with that quality, if he grows older a little bit more, that quality may show better. But Mount is not a very good passer of the ball like Havertz, and I will pick a good passer of the ball in the midfield over someone who is not a very good passer of the ball. If we can play the two of them together, fine, but if not let Havertz be starting, while Mount comes in after 60 minutes in a match.

Yes, I know Mount is British, and the English Premier League is played in England, and maybe many English fans want him to be playing, but he will still be playing for England even if he is still developing at Chelsea, it is not wrong for a player to be developing, and that is what I think Mount should be doing at Chelsea. If English fans want to be seeing Mount play for England, it is good, but I don't think he is ready, for now I think England has Grealish, Madison, and Tielemans ( I don't know if he's English). But for now, let's still allow Mount to be developing.

Also, I don't like the way Frank Lampard handled Havertz when he first came. At least, he should have allowed the guy to rest for about one week or more, when we bought him, before playing him. 

If I'm not wrong, I think the transfer saga around this guy was so long, and when you just buy a player, I think he will need time to settle down in the new country. Lampard should have waited for a week or two before playing him. He should have allowed him to use that one or two weeks to hit the gym, train with the team, understand the formation of the team and maybe gain match fitness before playing him.

But I think what Lampard did was to play him maybe three or four days after he arrived, then I think it was against Liverpool, how do you do that? Then, if I'm not wrong, I think Lampard played him on the right wing in that match. I think that is wrong.

The guy is so good. 

2 hours ago, hephzibah said:

I think many of us are just disrespectful. Just because the guy is a superstar at the age of 21, should people be so jealous of him as they have been. A player like Cesc Fabregas, if I'm not wrong, I think he was already a superstar at maybe the age of 20 or so, so why are people so jealous of this guy?

I think we have to be putting things in perspective. If the reason for all these is because maybe the guy is coming to compete with Mason Mount, it should not be a problem. If after series of tests, Mason Mount is better than him, and we only have one slot for the two of them, then we can sell Havertz to another team. But I don't think Mount is as good as this guy. 

But it's not a problem, we are different in life, if Havertz has a better footballing talent than Mount, then Mount can still be coming in after 60 minutes in the second half. Then Mount will use these years to develop as a player, maybe very soon we can now be playing him with Havertz in the Midfield. 

But we must not lose Havertz to any of our rivals. He will make them so strong, and I don't want to be crying everyday I watch Chelsea play if we don't have good players and we lose football matches. Or if I see Havertz in another team and he helps them to win us, or win the premier league, or the champions league, while we are coming fourth in the premier league.

We should not apply favouritism with the issue of Mount and Havertz. I think Mount has a very good shot, but even with that quality, if he grows older a little bit more, that quality may show better. But Mount is not a very good passer of the ball like Havertz, and I will pick a good passer of the ball in the midfield over someone who is not a very good passer of the ball. If we can play the two of them together, fine, but if not let Havertz be starting, while Mount comes in after 60 minutes in a match.

Yes, I know Mount is British, and the English Premier League is played in England, and maybe many English fans want him to be playing, but he will still be playing for England even if he is still developing at Chelsea, it is not wrong for a player to be developing, and that is what I think Mount should be doing at Chelsea. If English fans want to be seeing Mount play for England, it is good, but I don't think he is ready, for now I think England has Grealish, Madison, and Tielemans ( I don't know if he's English). But for now, let's still allow Mount to be developing.

Also, I don't like the way Frank Lampard handled Havertz when he first came. At least, he should have allowed the guy to rest for about one week or more, when we bought him, before playing him. 

If I'm not wrong, I think the transfer saga around this guy was so long, and when you just buy a player, I think he will need time to settle down in the new country. Lampard should have waited for a week or two before playing him. He should have allowed him to use that one or two weeks to hit the gym, train with the team, understand the formation of the team and maybe gain match fitness before playing him.

But I think what Lampard did was to play him maybe three or four days after he arrived, then I think it was against Liverpool, how do you do that? Then, if I'm not wrong, I think Lampard played him on the right wing in that match. I think that is wrong.

The guy is so good. 

I'm sorry, I know it took lots of minutes to write this, but... What in the world are you talking about?

(And Tielemans is belgian) 

1 hour ago, hephzibah said:

Which part of what I wrote don't you understand?

The entire first half, actually.  About people being jealous of him or Havertz leaving when there's no talk about that happening. Plus the Mount comparison, we're all happy that they're both playing?

I can understand you questioning the way Frank handled him in the first matches, but besides that I'm really confused on the other topics.

1 hour ago, Brigadeiro said:

The entire first half, actually.  About people being jealous of him or Havertz leaving when there's no talk about that happening. Plus the Mount comparison, we're all happy that they're both playing?

I can understand you questioning the way Frank handled him in the first matches, but besides that I'm really confused on the other topics.

Are you aware that people have been critical of the guy?

On 12/06/2021 at 15:58, hephzibah said:

Are you aware that people have been critical of the guy?

I am sure even Kai will be critical about his first season in England. It ended well in Portugal but overall his season was average which is expected of a kid leaving his country for the first time. 

On 19/06/2021 at 20:44, The Don Antonio said:

I am sure even Kai will be critical about his first season in England. It ended well in Portugal but overall his season was average which is expected of a kid leaving his country for the first time. 

Many of the things we do are against ourselves, and that is why I am talking on this issue about Kai Havertz. When he came to the club, he always had this talent. And it's just like whatever natural ability that we all have individually as human beings. Maybe, we know how to play football or maybe it is we know how to sing, I mean all these talents, etc. It will be so annoying for some people in some places to now start saying you don't know how to do those things, maybe how to play the football or to sing.

I give you an example, take a look at one very good singer in the world, will anybody in the world now say that that singer does not know how to sing, I am not talking about when the singer is now old and no longer sings, but when he is still young, and in his full potential, do u say he doesn't know how to do those things?

Havertz came to the club, and I think Lampard did not know how to manage him when he first came (I said that in the earlier post), but then as we continued in the season, Havertz was getting better. And I think that was when we got that 433 formation under Lampard, it was like a very good formation for him, with Mount, him and Kante in the Midfield. We needed his passes in the midfield, and I think that formation was okay for him.

But then again, the whole team fell apart under Lampard, so will anybody say because the whole team fell apart under Lampard, that Havertz should be blamed for that? Was it that Havertz was not good at that time or that Lampard as a coach did not know how to do his job as the manager?

So I don't know which time people are talking about when they say Havertz was not good at some point last season.

Do we know the quality of this guy Havertz that we are talking about? Is just like talking about Messi those days when he was younger that he was poor. It is not the goals that Messi scores that make him a good player, it is because Messi knows how to play football so well. Same thing with this guy, he is very good, and so please, he doesn't need all these frustrations we are giving him.

I am saying this because this is a Chelsea forum, I expect Chelsea fans to be encouraging him so that he can be better for us even if fans of other clubs are against him, we should be supporting him. We should see to how he can become world class for us, afterall it is to our benefit. Then we can be competing with the likes of PSG, Madrid, Barcelona, Man United etc.

Edited by hephzibah

Anyhow he's looking ok for Germany but Germany's defence is looking piss poor and the team seems to play like they all  had a valium before going on the pitch. Almost as boring as spain in russia, shame coz quite a talented lot up front. Havertz is doing well enough, glad we've got him.

Funny how he scored goal, immediately went off then Germany conceded straight after. I thought he was decent, only Sane has done more at that stage. He will be a big hit next season, given the experience and up and downs he had in the first season.

2 hours ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Funny how he scored goal, immediately went off then Germany conceded straight after. I thought he was decent, only Sane has done more at that stage. He will be a big hit next season, given the experience and up and downs he had in the first season.

I thought Sane and Gnabry were total sh*te, last night, hooking Havertz wasn't the answer...

14 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

I thought Sane and Gnabry were total sh*te

Sane has looked a shadow of the player he was at City, every time i've watched him for Germany or Bayern.

Obviously there were some serious injuries but I think he's playing at week in, week out at a much lower level in Germany and it shows.