Chelsea v Man Utd (PL) Mon 17th Feb 20:00 GMT

23 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Yeah really not sure how Michy didn't finish that pull back from Mount, strikers wet dream.

Had to score it, that moment summed our season and showed why Bats just isn't upto the job as backup striker. Giroud at least makes intelligent runs, can finish, holds the ball up and gives a physical presence. Not to mention can clear corners with his head.

22 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

How many players have a weaker foot as good as there strong foot? Not even Messi or Ronaldo can claim that. People forget this is a player who's confidence is shot, a replacement should have been brought in the winter transfer window. People now claiming Giroud is some star studded striker ffs, he cant even get past the 60th min mark.

we immediately looked more dangerous with Giroud on, just doing the basics

Dean makes fair points above.

4/5 pundits thought Harry Maguire should have seen Red yet the ref didn't spot it and the VAR didn't think it was worthy of a card. The pundits also said why didn't the bench jump up and down and force the VAR review.

Re the disallowed goal where Azpi was judged to have pushed, I am disappointed. Firstly Fred does a one-handed push using his full body weight pushing Azpi off balance and secondly Azpi pushes his lower back to steady himself, it was only slight contact.

Didn't see the full match yet Giroud's strike (matchstick offside) we certainly have been missing that clean finishing. Surely he needs to come on against Spurs. 

Kova was outstanding at times.

4 minutes ago, robdog said:

The VAR officials & Anthony Talyor should be held accountable for this missed callkick2nads.jpg

Maguire knew exactly what he was doing. You don’t purposely straighten your leg when someone is falling on you unless you want to hurt them.  The kick out from Son was less dangerous and was deemed a red card.

Giroud sent Kovacic through on goal, and also scored a beautiful header. He made the team click again, whereas Batshuayi we can’t even get an attack going, it almost looked like wee were playing with defenders and two mids. Willian, Pedro and Bats nowhere to be seen, I think the whole team works with Giroud better. Bats can’t pass, he can’t shoot, he can’t hold the ball up, he can’t stay onside, in fact what the hell can he do?

7 minutes ago, dansubrosa said:

Giroud sent Kovacic through on goal, and also scored a beautiful header. He made the team click again, whereas Batshuayi we can’t even get an attack going, it almost looked like wee were playing with defenders and two mids. Willian, Pedro and Bats nowhere to be seen, I think the whole team works with Giroud better. Bats can’t pass, he can’t shoot, he can’t hold the ball up, he can’t stay onside, in fact what the hell can he do?

Goody goody two shoes. 

Another home game and another bang average performance. United were slightly less sh*te than us. 
I’ve got tickets for the Liverpool cup game and Everton game. Who knows maybe I will see us win at home this season. Honestly think we were better and more exciting in the days when Peacock and Stein etc..

17 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

4/5 pundits thought Harry Maguire should have seen Red yet the ref didn't spot it and the VAR didn't think it was worthy of a card. The pundits also said why didn't the bench jump up and down and force the VAR review.

Re the disallowed goal where Azpi was judged to have pushed, I am disappointed. Firstly Fred does a one-handed push using his full body weight pushing Azpi off balance and secondly Azpi pushes his lower back to steady himself, it was only slight contact.

Didn't see the full match yet Giroud's strike (matchstick offside) we certainly have been missing that clean finishing. Surely he needs to come on against Spurs. 

VAR did review the situation, it was shown on the big screen saying NO RED CARD. but the review took only seconds to decide, only 2 slowmotion replays and the big screen shown NO RED CARD

9 minutes ago, mojo said:

VAR did review the situation, it was shown on the big screen saying NO RED CARD. but the review took only seconds to decide, only 2 slowmotion replays and the big screen shown NO RED CARD

True yet that was the VAR ref that did not think worthy of referring to the pitch ref for review.

8 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

True yet that was the VAR ref that did not think worthy of referring to the pitch ref for review.

I guess I didn't get the last part well then: 4/5 pundits thought Harry Maguire should have seen Red yet the ref didn't spot it and the VAR didn't think it was worthy of a card. The pundits also said why didn't the bench jump up and down and force the VAR review.

Just got got home from the game and was pretty pissed off to be honest but I guess you win some, lose some with VAR. Tonight was certainly a VAR loss. Had VAR been around some years back we’d have had the justice we deserved in some pretty big CL games (at least I’d like to think). 

As a team we’ve got to be going something right with the amount of possession we keep having, surely. Emphasis falls on the club now to strengthen and clear out over the next few years. Just hope we can nick a European spot, without that signing the players at the level we need will be more difficult. 

Win our next two games and tonight will be forgotten. 

19 minutes ago, mojo said:

all in all, I have to blame Frank. If he had the balls to cut Alonso at half time Ajax game, wtf is his beaf with Olie?

Did you forget the comments when he used to start, something like we are playing with 10 men 

14 minutes ago, The Chelsea Way said:

Just got got home from the game and was pretty pissed off to be honest but I guess you win some, lose some with VAR. Tonight was certainly a VAR loss. Had VAR been around some years back we’d have had the justice we deserved in some pretty big CL games (at least I’d like to think). 

As a team we’ve got to be going something right with the amount of possession we keep having, surely. Emphasis falls on the club now to strengthen and clear out over the next few years. Just hope we can nick a European spot, without that signing the players at the level we need will be more difficult. 

Win our next two games and tonight will be forgotten. 

What makes you think Var officials would have been less incompetent and biased back then than they are today? When supposedly objective officials can make decisions like we've just seen, it should be obvious that the technology is totally open to abuse, to favour one team over another.

And of course, the favour to Manure will extend to their next three games, from which he should be banned. 

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

The bench, together with the uninspiring management team were their usual quiet selves.   Never seen Frank or Jodie getting truly upset or vocal on the touchline.....nice guys come last.