DarkMata

David Alaba - The answer to all our prayers

David Alaba has been linked with us for months and he's still yet to sign an extension with Bayern.  Theres murmurings he want a change and given the players we are linked with and buying this window I don't think this is so far fetched.  He's one of the best and at peak age which is also perfect for Maatsen, allowing him to learn and become his understudy without blocking him from the first team.  I think everyone will agree this is a great option and for me the best, its down to whether we can negotiate with Bayern and obviously if he wants to play for the best team in the world, over to you Marina.

Probably not uber realistic. Bayern is not exactly known for selling first team players.

The only parameter that could make Bayern consider this move is the spectacular emergence of Alphonso Davies, which has meant that Alaba played the entire season as CB so far. Interestingly, the move could then depend upon Bayern's success with one of our other potential transfer targets, Dayot Upamecano.

One year left on his contract means Bayern will probably sell if he doesn't sign.  The fact he's been moved central makes the chances of him leaving pretty realistic in my opinion.  If he does become available though we'll not be the only team after him.  Playing in Germany maybe agent Rudiger can use his magic again.

2 minutes ago, DarkMata said:

One year left on his contract means Bayern will probably sell if he doesn't sign.  The fact he's been moved central makes the chances of him leaving pretty realistic in my opinion.  If he does become available though we'll not be the only team after him.  Playing in Germany maybe agent Rudiger can use his magic again.

Not sure how well they know each other though considering Alaba is Austrian

He was considered one of the best LBs in the world not too long ago. Has his form plummeted lately or what?

Just surprises me that Bayern would even consider selling him otherwise.

Leicester apparently want Tierney so wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal make a move for him if we sign Chilwell. If Arsenal sign Alaba, Partey and Willian we'll have some competition next season.
Nah a transfer Alaba to Arsenal is not happening on so many levels

59 minutes ago, the special one said:

Leicester apparently want Tierney so wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal make a move for him if we sign Chilwell. If Arsenal sign Alaba, Partey and Willian we'll have some competition next season.

Alaba isnt going to arsenal mate. He starts for a top 3 sude in europe. Why would he downgrade so much to the 9th best team in england? I doubt he would even come here tbh.

18 hours ago, Luiz4Chelsea said:

Probably not uber realistic. Bayern is not exactly known for selling first team players.

The only parameter that could make Bayern consider this move is the spectacular emergence of Alphonso Davies, which has meant that Alaba played the entire season as CB so far. Interestingly, the move could then depend upon Bayern's success with one of our other potential transfer targets, Dayot Upamecano.

Alphonso Davies only had his emergence because Alaba was so good at CB.

If it goes through, this will be such a good signing. He's world class at CB and LB and a good role model for the youngsters to learn from.

It’s all resurfacing now. I don’t know what Alaba is playing at, I’m sure he’s already on really high wages. I really don’t see him leaving Bayern, a non story for me.