Chelsea v Morecambe (FA) Sun 10th Jan 2021 13:30 GMT

Just now, Ernie_blue said:

For a team with so many talented individuals we cross the ball way to much, even against Morecombe. 

We have passers and shooters, we lack someone who can penetrate through dribbling

It's nice to be leading in the first half, we probably going to kill them in the second half because they already tired.

About our football I can't really be happy, it's still not that. I think only Hudson Odoi and Mount have showed some good moves and nice football. 

Werner has scored but he's out of the game for the whole half, Ziyech has been poor, Havertz has offered nothing special. 

The game must be different in the second half, maybe we needed the last goal for our confidence, especially for Werner and Havertz who got involved in the goal together.

1 minute ago, coco said:

thank f**k he didnt miss that as it would of finished him.

Tbf I haven't really taken much scope in Werner's goal droughts for a few reasons.

Firstly he's still getting chances, it's not like a Torres situation where he'd go weeks without a sniff and secondly he's played on the wing, it's not like he's been through the middle all through his drought.

Also Tammy and Oli picked up the slack during his rut, you can get away with forwards going on barren runs if there's another making up for it.

Just now, Frankie8Lampard said:

We need to score more goals like the goals we’ve scored today. Long shots and assists from late midfield runs.

If only we had someone in the coaching staff who knows all about late runs from midfield and could give some useful insights! Any ideas @Frankie8Lampard? 

4 minutes ago, Ballack & Blu said:

This possession based play is never going to benefit Werner, he aint a typical Striker against a back four, he looks lost?

He'd be better playing with Leicester or Utd, balls in front of him through the channels for him to run onto like Vardy and Rashford, not sideways passes behind him with a hope of a cross coming in.  Really don't see Frank's vision for this team at the moment and how he wants to play to the strengths of the players at his disposal. 

2-0 at half time, probably about right. It's been a very comfortable performance without ever truly looking like men against boys.

Before our second I was just thinking that there is little point in playing Ziyech when Werner is starting in the middle, until they combined to score a well-worked goal. So much for that...

R√ľdiger and Hudson-Odoi probably the two stand-outs so far - they and maybe Mount have really been the only ones who are playing like they are clearly of a higher standard than the opposition.

Nonetheless it's been enjoyable so far. It's been good to have a game without much pressure, that has been relatively comfortable, and without the recent doom and gloom and shattered confidence that we've seen over the past few weeks.

3 minutes ago, IliyaKrostin said:

It's nice to be leading in the first half, we probably going to kill them in the second half because they already tired.

About our football I can't really be happy, it's still not that. I think only Hudson Odoi and Mount have showed some good moves and nice football. 

Werner has scored but he's out of the game for the whole half, Ziyech has been poor, Havertz has offered nothing special. 

The game must be different in the second half, maybe we needed the last goal for our confidence, especially for Werner and Havertz who got involved in the goal together.

This team still doesn't look capable of outplaying Leicester or even Fulham. I hope I'm wrong and we will smash them. 

1 minute ago, CFCCAN said:

He'd be better playing with Leicester or Utd, balls in front of him through the channels for him to run onto like Vardy and Rashford, not sideways passes behind him with a hope of a cross coming in.  Really don't see Frank's vision for this team at the moment and how he wants to play to the strengths of the players at his disposal. 

You are right. Werner needs space to run into and not to play with his back to goal but with all of the sideways passing moving slowly up the pitch by the team, he never gets that space.

1 minute ago, PloKoon13 said:

2-0 at half time, probably about right. It's been a very comfortable performance without ever truly looking like men against boys.

Before our second I was just thinking that there is little point in playing Ziyech when Werner is starting in the middle, until they combined to score a well-worked goal. So much for that...

R√ľdiger and Hudson-Odoi probably the two stand-outs so far - they and maybe Mount have really been the only ones who are playing like they are clearly of a higher standard than the opposition.

Nonetheless it's been enjoyable so far. It's been good to have a game without much pressure, that has been relatively comfortable, and without the recent doom and gloom and shattered confidence that we've seen over the past few weeks.

A positive post! Here! Today! Yes! 

1 minute ago, rocker_joker said:

This team still doesn't look capable of outplaying Leicester or even Fulham. I hope I'm wrong and we will smash them. 

This is my concern here looking ahead to Fulham that maybe another struggle