Chelsea v Morecambe (FA) Sun 10th Jan 2021 13:30 GMT

13 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

I’m going to stick my neck out here and say Frank will be gone soon. You know when you just get a vibe from a team? Sloppy play. No cohesion. Exactly like when previous managers are about to be sacked. Proper dejavu moment.

Watching Chelsea all these years and being in these situations so many times it has that feel doesn't it. I am hoping we break this pattern. 

Anyway teams know exactly how to play Chelsea 4-3-3. It is too easy. 

2 minutes ago, CFCCAN said:

He'd be better playing with Leicester or Utd, balls in front of him through the channels for him to run onto like Vardy and Rashford, not sideways passes behind him with a hope of a cross coming in.  Really don't see Frank's vision for this team at the moment and how he wants to play to the strengths of the players at his disposal. 

Till he scored, he's playing against a back 3, you need a Shearer then, Chelsea and their front 3 of Werner, Hav, n Ziy, need to play that continental fast attacking, not this dirge of Barca pass pass pass,lamps never played in a Possession based team, how can't he see it doesn't suit our current players, except Jorginho...

It would be nice to see some silky, attacking football but considering the circumstances I don’t think we should complain too much. An ugly win and a clean sheet would be satisfactory.

From Lampard’s point of view, there was a hell of a lot to lose here (a drawer or defeat would have been a disaster), and very little to win (anything less than an 8 nil win will not generate much interest against a L2 side), so I can understand if he wasn’t as adventurous with his team selection as some people would have liked.

Just now, Deino said:

Honestly speaking our best players are not suited to each other yet. 

Timo looks like a player that will thrive in Leicester, Ziyech would be great for City and Havertz would suit Liverpool imo. 

I still think most of our players fit better for 4-2-3-1. Mount is thriving in 4-3-3

1 minute ago, bluedave said:

It would be nice to see some silky, attacking football but considering the circumstances I don’t think we should complain too much. An ugly win and a clean sheet would be satisfactory.

From Lampard’s point of view, there was a hell of a lot to lose here (a drawer or defeat would have been a disaster), and very little to win (anything less than an 8 nil win will not generate much interest against a L2 side), so I can understand if he wasn’t as adventurous with his team selection as some people would have liked.

The next match is the one that Frank can't lose or else sadly.............

Just now, Scott Harris said:

I see almost no similarities. 

Just wait, he will destroy everyone as soon as Lampard further builds the team around him, what a player, maybe the best talent we had in the last 10 years!

Just now, evissy said:

I still think most of our players fit better for 4-2-3-1. Mount is thriving in 4-3-3

Our forwards suit 4-2-3-1 but our midfielders suit 4-3-3. It's one of the reasons why we lack cohesion

1 minute ago, pcmacca said:

The next match is the one that Frank can't lose or else sadly.............

Or the one after that for that sake.

We desperatly need to go on a run now. I am sure that's why Lampard went for such a strong team today as well. Bit of a desperate attempt to build some confidence and get a win that could hopefully give us some momentum before Fulham & Leicester.