Official Thomas Tuchel *Now Sacked*

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

People that think that Tuchel's achievements and records are a bit overblown because he made them in Bundesliga and Ligue 1 are underrating the job of being a manager, full stop.

He has proved that he's a good coach already, just like Sarri and Conte did before they came here.

Even if the board has made some hard decisions and even if we might not have the same success with this constant change of coaches and managers, the fact remains that basically all managers that took over after our "main" manager was sacked, all that took the job in the middle of the season or so did a good job. So if we talk about this little "tradition" we can only be hopeful that Tuchel manages to get the results out of our squad.

Most managers have said that we have a good squad, even if Tuchel's character/mentality doesn't fit with the mentality of our board, as long as he focuses on coaching this group we might get a few wins in a row and suddenly we will be in a position to fight for the top 4.

This is a bit different than some of the squads we've had when a manager was sacked. We are a young side with bags of potential. First time in our history we have this youthful side rather than a normal Chelsea side with matured World beaters. 

However Tuchel fits the bill perfectly. He loves to work with young guys, he is German, he drills the players with exact instructions (contrary to what papers say about Frank's coaching), he has worked with big egos so our bunch is no problem. 

Have to say if Tuchel rejuvenates Kepa I am starting to wonder Frank's ineptness to make it work a bit. Not sure if he will though. Kepa won't grow 10cm under Tuchel 😂

And to follow this with a personal note, I feel excited with the new manager. I am schooled to love the Chelsea-drama so whenever something like this happens I follow what we do with more interest and intensity. 

So mixed feelings about all this. Love Frank but I also seems to get excited about these major changes. 

Not many clubs keep you entertained like ours do. 😂

Don't get me wrong, I get it and understand it but it feels crass sacking one of the biggest legends in the clubs history and then a day later plastering pictures all over social media with the message of "Welcome the new manager, how brilliant is this!". 

The guy is obviously a very good manager and let's hope he can do the job here.Just want to see us playing some positive football and him getting the best out of this talented squad.If he manages to do that then we'll probably be pretty good in the coming years.

Edited by mm24

6 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

It's not happening. I have been saying it since the City defeat. Are we really going to be that much better than the 6 teams ahead of us from now until the end of the season? I don't see it, especially when you see that 3 of those teams have games in hand on us that would take them well ahead. 

We are 2 games away from Top 4, it's very doable. Consistency is the key this season

33 minutes ago, evissy said:

In all fairness Pep always talks highly of...well everybody. He praised Frank to the moon.

Does he meet them in restaurants to spend the evening shifting around pepper and salt to discuss tactics?

From day one - when Tuchel was still at Mainz - the duels of this two coaches were tactical battles.

Wouldn't be surprised if we get the new manager bounce against Wolves then crash against Burnley, draw against Spurs and then Tuchel's methods start to take root. 

Will be interesting to see what he changes.

Re teams above us, expect injuries and cup runs to take their toll to give us a chance of reaching top 4.

15 minutes ago, evissy said:

Have to say we are a pretty good club of luring top managers to the club. Even if we always sack them after a season or maximum two top names always want to come. Maybe we pay well and probably do. 

They all come here for a lovely compensation pay off and a trophy or two on their CV.

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Clips from his first training session yesterday.

Think he'll do well here. The squad will suit him.

Seems detail driven if players dont like detail they will suffer.. Conte was like that and Sarri so players who like to be told what to do and where to go will do well

Edited by Brutos