Spuds v Chelsea (PL) Thur 4th Feb 2021 20:00 GMT

From what I remember from Tuchel's Bundesliga times a good result doesn't make him feel the need to stick with a particular line-up or even system. Spurs set a unique challenge in that we'll probably have most of the ball but they're deadly on the counter, and I'm not sure today's team would be the perfect answer to that. With Alonso and CHO as our wing-backs I could see our back three getting awfully exposed, whereas playing James and Chilwell could rob us some of our firepower. I would defy their expectations and play this 4-2-3-1 for a better balance:

--------------Giroud---------------

Pulisic--------Mount----------CHO

--------Kovacic----Jorginho-------

Chilwell-Rüdiger----Silva------Azpi

---------------Mendy--------------

Azpi or James would be the hardest call for me in that line-up, both played great today, maybe Azpi just has the edge for me

I wonder if Tuchel will change the formation for this game, I'm thinking that he might want to surprise Spurs but considering how well we have done in the recent 2 games with the 3 at the back it would be a risk to change things since we have been dominating games.

Maybe for this game James should be on the RWB and CHO on the LWB.

Mendy

Azpilicueta T.Silva Rudiger

James Jorginho Kovacic CHO

Pulisic        Mount

Giroud

If we win this one, it's sending out a statement...

Tactical battle, let's see how Spurs will play tonight against Brighton. 

Two games, in those games we successfully kept a clean sheets and the opponents didn't create much. I believe Kane is out due to injury, Son is the key to target.

I believe he will go with this lineup:

---------------- Mendy -----------------

-- Azpilicueta - Thiago Silva - Rudiger --

--------- Kovacic --- Jorginho --------

Hudson Odoi - Mount - Pulisic -  Alonso

---------------- Giroud --------------

Classy 3-4-3, but with the way we play, Alonso and CHO are closer to our attacking line than the defensive line.

2 hours ago, KonaKai Blue said:

Kane could be back for this one. 

Massive game that we must win to have a hope of top 4. Win this and its clearly achievable. 

Kane is out. Supposedly for a few weeks with injuries to both ankles.

Tottenham just lost to Brighton and got bossed for 90 minutes. Pretty shocking... I think we going to wreck them!  3-0 

That is 2 defeats in a row for spurs now, probably means there fortune will turn with us. 

we should stick and build on the 3 at the back system.

anyway 

mendy 

azbi silva rudi 

CHO jorginho Kovacic Alonso 

havertz giroud Werner 

7 hours ago, Browerkid said:

Kane is out. Supposedly for a few weeks with injuries to both ankles.

Tottenham just lost to Brighton and got bossed for 90 minutes. Pretty shocking... I think we going to wreck them!  3-0 

That's what we said about Arsenal...

I am happy to leave the team and tactics to Tuchel. I do expect a reaction from spuds. They miss Kane but they also missing Regulion who has been good for them. It’s a 6 pointer.