Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2017/2018

46 minutes ago, Ernie_blue said:

It was obviously a pen. If Chelsea got that you would all say it was :laugh2:

Well there was minimal contact at best. The keeper's thumbnail brushed against Kane's bootlace and he went down like he was shot. Tom Daly would have been proud of that dive.

Can you imagine the media uproar if Morata did that?

Edited by just

It's crazy that non of the major sports sites are even mentioning the possibility that Kane dived, they've shifted all the focus on Lamela.

If I didn't watch the match and just read about it I would've just thought it was a regular non controversial match with excellent refereeing, 'correct decisions' being drilled into articles of course.

11 minutes ago, just said:

Well there was minimal contact at best. The keeper's thumbnail brushed against Kane's bootlace and he went down like he was shot. Tom Daly would have been proud of that dive.

Can you imagine the media uproar if Morata did that?

Kane was about to get clattered, he anticipated it and there was a touch. Did he make the most of it of course it did but that doesn't stop it from being a pen. He wouldn't be the best premier league forward if he just think's f**k it and stands there watching the ball run into the keepers hand.

36 minutes ago, dkw said:

The second one is 100% a penalty,  I can't believe anyone can argue it isn't. 

https://twitter.com/AA_Richards/status/960226097303576576

That linesman had a really good game specially when you read the conversation he had with Moss regarding the first pen. http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11237166/what-ref-moss-said-to-assistant

From that angle again he made the right decision for the 2nd, got to give him credit to have the balls to do that in the last minute.

Now we will have a day of everyone feeling sorry for Liverpool, how the referees ain't good enough, they make it up as they go along etc...

I remember when Mane got sent off earlier this season, the media felt more sorry for him than Ederson, despite him getting kicked in the face.

The uproar whenever Liverpool have a decision against them is staggering.

Edited by 2211

1 minute ago, luckywerthers said:

"The uproar whenever Liverpool have a decision against them is staggering."

which makes it all the more sweeter 

Whenever it's Liverpool you know, it's what infuriates me. 

They'll get mass coverage for the next few days on the decisions against them, only this time Harry Kane will be saved. 

Still nothing beats the "Diego Costa Crimes" 

But Kane said: "I felt contact and I went down. I'm not going to jump out of the way because it's football."

He does realise this is effectively proving his guilt.

Going down of your own accord is simulation plain and simple, just because there is contact that doesn't make it a foul. It is why a lot of us get annoyed at how easily Morata goes to ground. 

1 minute ago, PedroMendez said:

But Kane said: "I felt contact and I went down. I'm not going to jump out of the way because it's football."

He does realise this is effectively proving his guilt.

Going down of your own accord is simulation plain and simple, just because there is contact that doesn't make it a foul. It is why a lot of us get annoyed at how easily Morata goes to ground. 

Did he really say that? What a f**king idiot.

Lucky for him nothing will come of it. 

39 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

watched both penalties, both were iffy, but the second one was a complete dive, he went to ground with hardly any contact

Come on, he booted him, proper bishop brennaned him. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42954835

The Premier League is considering introducing a winter break when the next television rights deal is agreed.

The top leagues in Germany, France, Italy and Spain all take time out in mid-season.

The Football Association has previously said a winter break is not feasible until the end of the current television deal in 2019.

Talks have been ongoing for several months, and are understood to have been constructive.

A January break has been under discussion which, if agreed, would not impact on the traditional festive football schedule.

Vote

Should the Premier League introduce a winter break?
This vote requires Javascript

An announcement on the next Premier League TV rights is expected next week. The league is seeking an increase on the current £5.14bn deal which includes 168 live matches a season, with Sky holding five packages of games and BT two.

The prospect of a winter break is referenced in the tender documents that have been sent to broadcasters. The next TV deal will cover 2019-2022.

"The Premier League has been in discussions with the FA and EFL for several months regarding the challenges of the increasingly congested English football calendar and ways in which we can work together to ease fixture congestion while also giving players a mid-season break," the Premier League said in a statement.

"Provided space can be found in the calendar, we are open to this in principle and will continue constructive discussions with our football stakeholders to seek a workable solution."

'I would cry if a winter break was introduced'

If the Premier League season does incorporate a winter break, it would be welcomed by some top-flight managers.

Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola said in January that the festive schedule was "killing" the players. Earlier in the season, his Manchester United counterpart. Jose Mourinho said the lack of a break was hampering English clubs' hopes in the Champions League.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger once said he would "cry" if a winter break was introduced, though his side played six games in 19 days during the latest festive schedule.

One of the arguments for a break is that it would benefit the national side, but England boss Gareth Southgate questioned whether it would improve his side's chance of winning a trophy.

The German Bundesliga, Spain's La Liga, Italy's Serie A and France Ligue 1 are among the top leagues in Europe to have a winter break in their schedules.

German football enjoyed the longest stretch without a game this season - 22 days.

Pochettino on diving: "Football is about trying to trick your opponent. When you do tactics, it is to try to trick the opponent. You play on the right, but you finish on the left. 20 years ago, 30 years ago, we all congratulated a player when he tricks the referee like this." - BET365

35 minutes ago, Stim said:

One of the worst takes on diving ever. Trick your opponent all you want, you aren't supposed to trick the referee. To equal the two is bizarre and he probably will have a very different opinion when its not to his teams benefit.

The Great, Wonderful, Stylish, Homegrown, gift to football Spurs? They'll continue to benefit.