Antonio Rudiger

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, AlwaysRight said:

I actually LOL at how bad that video was, but glad all the same he's signed now.  Who's place do you think he is most likely to push for though? Cahill, Luiz or Dave? They all have their strengths but would maybe say Cahill is the most likely to make way, unless the plan is to push Dave back out wide...

Hopefully Bakayoko and a forward soon to follow! 

He won't replace anyone in the current back 3.  He's not good enough for that.....yet.

2 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Depends on how he performs, can see him taking Cahill's spot, all due respect to him.

I am basing this off what I saw from watching some of Roma's matches when Rudiger played last season and comparing his performances with Cahill.  He isn't first team material for the club so time will tell if he can displace Cahill or someone else in the first XI.  

3 minutes ago, lchk said:

I am basing this off what I saw from watching some of Roma's matches when Rudiger played last season and comparing his performances with Cahill.  He isn't first team material for the club so time will tell if he can displace Cahill or someone else in the first XI.  

You truly believe a current German international defender isn't good enough for our first team? Words fail me.

Just now, dkw said:

You truly believe a current German international defender isn't good enough for our first team? Words fail me.

Whom can he displace in the current first team?  

1 minute ago, benjsross said:

Well Cahill definitely who would not get near the Germany squad, but also potentially Azpi with him replacing Moses. 

Cahill is the current club captain and although limited in ability did do well with his clearances and reading of the game last season.  Schurrle was also a German international during his time with us and his inconsistencies drove some of us up the wall.  Don't let Rudiger's international appearances be the sole determinant here.  In my opinion, his former club mate Manolas is the better defender.  

29 minutes ago, lchk said:

Cahill is the current club captain and although limited in ability did do well with his clearances and reading of the game last season.  Schurrle was also a German international during his time with us and his inconsistencies drove some of us up the wall.  Don't let Rudiger's international appearances be the sole determinant here.  In my opinion, his former club mate Manolas is the better defender.  

Being club captain didn't shield JT from being benched for the better part of last season. If the captaincy determines Conte's teamsheet, I would be sorely disappointed in him.

Edited by Valerie

38 minutes ago, lchk said:

Anyone who can take off the blue tinted shades can see Garry is not quite good enough, I like the guy too great loyal servant, nice geezer, experienced, but he hasn't got the attributes, hasn't been in a while, everyone sees it hence we bought a new CB we have cover in Christensen, rudiger will eventually displace Garry this season unless we play a back 3 and Dave goes to rwb 

16 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Looks like he can play CB or RB, so could come in for Cahill, or for Dave with Dave moving to RWB, or even play RWB himself.

I really don't want Dave as a RWB, with Kante and Bakayoko/Matic in central midfield we need more creativity out wide. Hopefully we can secure Danilo and Sandro this summer.

1 hour ago, lchk said:

Can't agree with that he is good he is recovering from 2 serious injuries romas defence is as good as ours or better he was a German international at 20 I just don't know where that's coming from, ability wise id start him over Garry from the get go 

I'm still undecided if he'll be any better than Cahill (the stats according to CIES suggest not yet), but his ability to play across the back 3 and at full back means he's effectively a replacement for Ivanovic, Ake, potentially Zouma, and perhaps even Christensen if he doesn't make the grade next season.

http://www.football-observatory.com/-Ratings-eng-?code=65602

His 'rigour' and 'recovery' numbers are worryingly low for me, 60 + 38 v Cahill's 80 + 38. Hopefully we'll see an improvement next season.

Edited by the special one

I'm more happy that the board can pull a signing off but not to knock on Rudiger, liked what I've seen from him. Hope that he can become a legend here and continue on improving.

I hope the board can pull off more signings in the next weeks

18 minutes ago, the special one said:

I'm still undecided if he'll be any better than Cahill (the stats according to CIES suggest not yet), but his ability to play across the back 3 and at full back means he's effectively a replacement for Ivanovic, Ake, potentially Zouma, and perhaps even Christensen if he doesn't make the grade next season.

http://www.football-observatory.com/-Ratings-eng-?code=65602

His 'rigour' and 'recovery' numbers are worryingly low for me, 60 + 38 v Cahill's 80 + 38. Hopefully we'll see an improvement next season.

that has cahill valued at 43m, so i wouldnt pay too much attention :laugh2: