César 'Dave' Azpilicueta

Gem
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Its also bollocks, full back is one of the most important positions against the most top teams with their pace and power. Just look at Real if we did get to the final, Bale and Ronaldo are their two most attacking players, I think our full bakcs could be pretty important then.

Important but least important. Left and right back are the positions random players are thrown in when injuries hit bad. I honestly think Azpi should have contributed a lot more in the attack if he was considered as most important player. He was great but not our best I think.

Interesting nugget for you guys: my new nickname with my football team is 'Dave' after this little legend. im a right-footed left-back, i work my nuts off for the team and im fully expecting to pick up the players' player of the year award at our presentation night on saturday ;)

When he played for Osasuna, I started a little threat on the Chelsea FC Chat page (under the same handle as here)

Now this was years and years ago, he had pocketed Messi and I was trying to convert people to sign him.

I was well annoyed when he went to France, overjoyed when we signed him and delighted he has come good.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Will be controversial saying this but I'd prefer it if Jose started using Luis at LB and made a choice between Ivan and Dave at RB.

I think his attacking input is very limited at LB and he's far more effective on his preferred side both attacking and defending.

Before anyone jumps down my throat I'm not saying I think he's played bad or should be dropped just think he and the team would benefit from him being in his proper position and having a proper left back playing.

Will be controversial saying this but I'd prefer it if Jose started using Luis at LB and made a choice between Ivan and Dave at RB.

I think his attacking input is very limited at LB and he's far more effective on his preferred side both attacking and defending.

Before anyone jumps down my throat I'm not saying I think he's played bad or should be dropped just think he and the team would benefit from him being in his proper position and having a proper left back playing.

To be honest mate i don't think that is controversial at all, most would probably agree.

• 1 month later...