Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Zola

Did you even read my comments?

All i wanted to know was, is the level of interest in him as a youth as big at other clubs as it is at ours? And what price could he go for?

Both reasonable questions because of my previously mentioned points about him not playing as much as a lot of people had hoped.

I wasnt referring to your post

Me neither. I am also not a big fan of Baba or Traore. But, they've deserved to get much more playing time considering the utter sh*te some of our first team players are producing.

Baba looked good against Kiev, it was his pass that led to a goal, he's talented and I think he'll get a lot better.

Zouma didn't get a lot game time because there were two ahead of him playing extremely well. Having said that, he still played in some big matches, important matches in a defensive midfield role (pretty sure against Man City?)

RLC couldn't get a game when we were winning, can't get a game when the seniors are playing sh*t and can't make the bench for some games. I think he's been really promising every opportunity he has had.

I'm seriously doubting that he will ever get through to the first team and want to know what we would get for him if sold.

This is what I'm thinking, I knew of him growing up his brother went to my school and even 10-15 years ago he was rated big time, Chelsea were paying a hell of a lot of.money for him when he was about 12 and after nearly ten years of hype now he can't even get a game. Is he not good enough? Because the 'not ready' term just makes me think of Rooney scoring his first premier league goal 5 days before he turnt 17.

If he wasnt a homegrown but signed from a lesser league and had played like he has so far, I don't believe anyone would be jumping up and down crying for him to be a first choice starter. Harsh reality is he has been a bit iffy, some decent stuff, some very poor choices and a bit slow at covering.

That's a fair point, but he should be given a chance to develop. Barcelona were trying to snatch him as a youngster, so he is definitely a talent, and the rest of the midfielders, well - they'll be lucky to be called "a bit iffy" to be honest, the way they've been playing.

I think he is over hyped, but he has looked quite good so far imho.

He requires a true run of games to see if he can cut it at the highest level. Many top professionals have said that when they were young the manager has said to them that they are going to play for 5 or so games irrespective of performance, go out and show what you can do. Confidence is everything for a young player, having the manager back you fully breeds this.

It is a sad indictment of your youth system that we have won the youth cup so many times in recent years yet no player has as yet successfully made the transition. Maybe they are all average players and its Drummy/Viveash who are the coaching genius within the club?

Edited by charierre

Desperately needs senior games to develop, if we arent willing to give it to him we should look at giving him a loan

Could be the best thing for him, I think Jose was expecting us to be doing well enough that he could play him against most of the bottom half teams this season but the way it's gone I don't see him getting much game time at all now.

With everyone else being sh*t right now, there is no reason why he shouldn't be getting more games.

I said it on the match day thread, i would much rather have his passing ability and calmness than Ramires' energy. Where is Ramires' energy getting us ?

We need some actual quality in the team, not all of these hard workers.

Can't believe I actually bought it when Jose said he was going to get a run of games. Whenever he says anything like that, he then comes up with some excuse as to why the player isn't ready and we don't see them again for months.