Kenedy officially signs for Chelsea

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I doubt there would have been this much action against the player if someone like Hazard had done this. 

Not sure about that ... admittedly a different scenario, but the club had no problem getting rid of a star player like Adrian Mutu a few years back ... club is bigger than any player ...

1 minute ago, Sexyfootball said:

Not sure about that ... admittedly a different scenario, but the club had no problem getting rid of a star player like Adrian Mutu a few years back ... club is bigger than any player ...

Sniffing coke is a bit worse than saying 'f**king China :laugh2:' on Instagram though. This entire thing has been blown massively out of the water sadly. 

I'm still of the opinion that it's a complete PR disaster.
It's not racist or anything but it definitely doesn't look good, I saw this coming to be honest.
Kenedy was an idiot, it's that simple, he even said "I'm sorry that people were sad about the expression I said"
That's all that you need to know, what a half-hearted apology, blaming other people for what he said. What's wrong with just "I'm sorry for what I said"?
I'm 100% with the club on this on, the last thing we need in the dressing room is idiotic divas who think they can say what they want on social media without consequence.

Edited by TomCFC85

The club is wholly justified in doing this. The club needs to show that racism of any kind will not be tolerated. After the Terry saga, I think it's safe to say that the club don't want any troubles on issues regarding racism. Also because I think the club still wants relationships between chinese clubs and being banned from entering China might bring its own set of repercussions. The club might even alienate potential sponsors.

If only Kenedy took a minute to think before posting.

The point was that Kenedy whilst counting as an U21 player has the same baring on the composition of the squad as a Homegrown player. Therefore if we switch Kenedy for a HG player it won't allow us anymore or any less non-HG slots in the squad.

So what would be the point of signing someone because there are HG unless they are better than Kenedy?

There are a few HG players that are better than Kenedy; Betrand, Shaw, Davies and Cresswell instantly spring to mind. It may also be useful to go with someone who will potentially be better than Kenedy so Sessegnon or that bloke from Celtic could work, but I don't see how signing just some random player who is HG makes any difference why waste the time effort and money for no gain.  

On the point of rating Kenedy I do think with some tactical training under Conte he has the potential to be an okay LWB (Betrand level) and could therefore make a decent squad player. 

Nice post!! Must admit I wasn't aware he wasn't taking a hg place, to be fair I hope conte takes him under his wing and turns him into a top squad player so I can return here with an apology for you (Murphy's law he'll be at vitesse by the afternoon)

The Chinese media made a huge deal out of it, but that's hardly surprising. they love to beat down  a 'foreign devil' who dares to insult China, Kennedy should count himself lucky to leave the country without getting hurt . It's 100% nobody else but Kennedy's fault, there were about half a dozen European teams ( about 200 players and personnel), not a single one has done anything remotely stupid as this. I don't think he will cement his spot in the team without the pre-season, so he's probably getting loaned out again.

The Rumour of him being sacked is utter crap, he'll most likely be sent out on loan. I can see why he was sent home, it's a shame though and I can't think of another country that would overreact like this, it's really not worth the fuss to play their.

Agree the situation has been blown out of proportion, but China is a huge market for us so our hand was forced once they weren't happy with comment.  It was a stupid comment, no doubt about that, and he only has himself to blame, but sending him home is a little harsh.  Any chance he had of breaking into the first team has been put back massively.

12 hours ago, Theafonis said:

Wow dude, just f**k off with this casual racism. 

Wind your neck in mate seriously....racism, ffs if  I said Swedish were tall is that racism, if I said black people have curly hair is that racism, just because it's not flattering it's not racism, by contrast if they were known to have massive willies and that was mentioned would that be racism? And if not why not? Plus it's rather light hearted, it's prats like you who make people roll their eyes when they hear recism which steals the recognition given to people who actually suffer and have their lives ruined by racism. 

8 minutes ago, Chelsbear said:

End of the day we are trying to increase our brand in these countries and what Kennedy did was stupid. He may not have meant any offence but when you are representing a football club trying to gain exposure the last thing you should be doing is posting all sorts on social media.

The bottom line is you're paid a lot of money to be a footballer but also a brand representative, someone paid that much money is held, rightly so, to very high professional standards on representing their employer, they are even coached on things like this, on giving interviews, they know what they can and can't do, he is a silly boy and could cost us money, more than he is worth. SO what he said is not a big deal for me or you but under his scope of responsibility it is. 

1 hour ago, DonAntonio said:

Wind your neck in mate seriously....racism, ffs if  I said Swedish were tall is that racism, if I said black people have curly hair is that racism, just because it's not flattering it's not racism, by contrast if they were known to have massive willies and that was mentioned would that be racism? And if not why not? Plus it's rather light hearted, it's prats like you who make people roll their eyes when they hear recism which steals the recognition given to people who actually suffer and have their lives ruined by racism. 

The willy joke isn't cool in my opinion.  However, you do post some decent stuff hence stick to the footy mate.

16 minutes ago, lchk said:

The willy joke isn't cool in my opinion.  However, you do post some decent stuff hence stick to the footy mate.

Are you asian? Honestly if I was I'd laugh that off, it's hardly deep seeded hatred for the chinese and sub-ethnic groups its just light banter, but if it offended you or anyone my apologies. The reason it irritates me when people label things racist too easily is because racism in its real form is a vial poisonous thing, banter is banter, being oversensitive as I mentioned detracts from people who have been raped, murdered, bullied, harassed for no crime only because of their race. 

2 hours ago, Floyd25 said:

The Rumour of him being sacked is utter crap, he'll most likely be sent out on loan. I can see why he was sent home, it's a shame though and I can't think of another country that would overreact like this, it's really not worth the fuss to play their.

It is actually, although I personally hate all pre season being played abroad, its a global game now. We are competing with the best clubs in the world for a share of that market, so insulting your hosts no matter how trivial it might seem is a nono. 

Some of the worst examples you could have used being tall or having cury hair and you stating this is you not being flattering but stating the truth
Lol prick shhhh now keep your messed up views on the Chinese tall people and people with curly to yourself :/

Don Antonio about the Kenedy China incident

Conte said: "Unfortunately, it happened this situation. Because we all know it is a pity. The player was sorry about this situation. It is a difficult situation, also for the club. For this reason we make this decision for the player. "The player understood his mistake, he is sorry for what happened. Now he must go home."

The Gaffer has spoken. Adios Kenedy.

I think Kenedy was a silly boy, you know how the world is watching you when you are in the public domain like all professional footballers are. Whether light hearted banter or not there are thousands are people who will now be baying for his blood.

It's a shame it had to happen and that he has now soured things for himself with the club hierarchy. For what it's worth I think Kenedy is really talented but this is just another barrier to making it into the first team. I truly would not be surprised if he doesn't get punished a la Mellis (chucked) to appease our fans in the far East.

Edited by MissouriBlue