Tammy Abraham

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

34 minutes ago, petre ispirescu said:

Werner's not at the top of my favourite Chelsea players, but the two of them are incomparable in terms of their importance in this Tuchel setup, Werner's runs and the way he stretches the play so wide and creates so many space is something Tammy would not be able to do.

Plus the way Tuchel sets his team for the counter by always leaving two guys upfront that don't really defend that deep when the opponents have possession as we have seen in the friendly at the Emirates a few weeks ago, that is another aspect of the Tuchel setup that Werner fits very well in.

Tammy could probably score more than Werner, but we now have a goalscorer and one of world's best in Lukaku. To be fair this current Chelsea team would miss Werner more than it will miss Abraham. Would Tuchel have brought Werner last summer had he been here already? I don't know, maybe yes, maybe not. But he sure found a way to utilise him and play him at his strenghts and make him a vital part of his setup, something he could not do for Tammy, irrespective of their price tags.

The modern day obsession with stat padding over how a player serves a team is what led to people thinking prime Hazard was inconsistent and inferior to the likes of Mane and Alexis Sanchez.

13 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

€80m buy back clause. Not too bad I suppose for a few years time.

How long does the buy back clause last??

If they sell him does the buy back clause still take effect on his new team?

1 hour ago, Sindre said:

Already arrived in Rome.

I beat he didn’t expect this.

I hope Tammy reinvents himself and ends up as a top scorer for Roma.  I guess I’ll be watching Roma derbies this year.

1 hour ago, Valpo said:

How long does the buy back clause last??

If they sell him does the buy back clause still take effect on his new team?

good question. I guess it does. otherwise there’s no point in clause.

Edited by mojo

5 minutes ago, mojo said:

I beat he didn’t expect this.

I hope Tammy reinvents himself and ends up as a top scorer for Roma.  I guess I’ll be watching Roma derbies this year.

good question. I guess it does. otherwise there’s no point in clause.

The clause would only apply to his Roma contract and not roll forward.  If we did not take the buy back option, and Tammy left, the clause would end.

31 minutes ago, PhilH930 said:

The clause would only apply to his Roma contract and not roll forward.  If we did not take the buy back option, and Tammy left, the clause would end.

Indeed. From 2023 for as long as he is a Roma player we can use the clause.

Tammy has the potential to be a star in that league and I really hope he does so, whether he returns here in the future or not. He is still a academy product and I wish them all well.

End of the day he lacks aspects to his game that TT wants from his forward, scoring is not one of them. I would venture a guess it is work ethic and bringing others in to the game around him.

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

End of the day he lacks aspects to his game that TT wants from his forward, scoring is not one of them. I would venture a guess it is work ethic and bringing others in to the game around him.

Giroud would have been the perfect striker for him if his legs weren’t on the way out :sad:

19 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Giroud would have been the perfect striker for him if his legs weren’t on the way out :sad:

He never really had pace to begin with. If anything we got him just as he blossomed into the striker that he was with us.

He was notorious at Arsenal for missing simple chances and for being too slow 

Pleased for him. Hope everything works out in Italy under JM. Relieved he didn't go to Arsenal.

Had a good run in our side and had a decent goalscoring record, but he just hasn't developed his all-round game in the way I expected.

I'm intrigued as to how we will now replace him and Giroud in the squad. We have plenty of forwards but no obvious central striker apart from Lukaku. Obviously we can set up with Havertz up top but will we bring in someone who can fill in when Lukaku gets injured/ suspended?

Good on Tammy for trying his had in a league overseas. 

Not many English players try their hand at playing outside of the UK.

He'll be just the 34th Englishman to have played in Serie A joining fellow former Blues Tomori, Ashley Cole, Jimmy Greaves, Ray Wilkins, Paul Elliot and Nathaniel Chalobah to have done so. 

4 minutes ago, Wearyourcolours said:

No Roma signed him, as with all big clubs now the Manager is just the head coach

A manager, especially one as high profile as Mourinho, will still have input into transfers. 

You really think it's a coincidence that now Jose is there that they've signed an English centre forward that played for one of the teams he's formerly managed (twice).