Tammy Abraham

Nibs
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 19/12/2017 at 21:38, Strider6003 said:

Swansea have given him a lot of chances and despite his keenness to contribute just think the step up in class in the EPL has found him wanting so far. I think he might be better as an impact player though with Bony injured they might persevere with him.

Swansea don't make chances, it isn't his fault, he has easily been one of their best players.

Wayne Rooney has the same number of PL goals this season as the entire Swansea team.

10 goals scored in 18 games, it's ridiculous how poor they've been. Hopefully a chance in manager will see a change in that, but not holding out much hope.

What i have seen of Abraham this season hasn't been impressive so far. He doesn't do much himself from what i can see, he pretty much relies on other players to make him look good, which isn't that often because Swansea's lot are really poor right now. 

If he wants to make it here then he will have to perform a lot better than he has done so far. He will likely get another loan next season and may even need another the following season. Next season will the big one i think, if he doesn't show much progression then i don't think he will make it here with us.

He's still their best goalscorer, the way Swansea is playing difficult for players like him to impress. He actually could be used more as our second striker, his first season in the Premier League and he already plays in a team that is trying to survive in the league, based on corners, free-kicks and strong defence. Nothing really special in counter-attacks, they failed to build proper attacks. 

Seems like few fans losing hope in him, it's just his first season. I would be happier if he would be playing at Southampton, even West Ham could be a better option for him. 

Give him more time, even if it will take him more than one or two seasons, he has to be our next striker in future!

Spends most of the game moaning at his teammates. I know the service isn't very good at Swansea, but that's not going to help, he should be concentrating on doing everything he can to influence the game, instead of complaining about what his teammates aren't doing.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Struggling to get games at Swansea at the moment. Has looked poor when I've seen him. Checked the Swansea fan ratings for their cup game with Sheff Wed last night and he was their lowest rated player.

Suffice to say, don't think he's really progressing quite how the club had hoped this season.

I said the same thing in another thread, but I would prefer to see us invest some time in him next season and slowly integrate him in the first team. don't think sending him down to the lower leagues again will do him any good. if Conte stays don't see why he can't spend the year moulding him into the type of player he wants instead of sending him on to another Swansea 

Edited by Boulahrouz9

Looked alright last night and got an assist. Considering he was on his own most of the game up top with 2/3 marking him.

Having turned 20 not long ago, he's still too young to decide how he will turn out. Every game he shows a lot of tenacity to get a goal, which is a positive thing. 

It's telling that his goals for Bristol were all tap in and simple chances. He doesn't really have the ability to score chances that need work to be fashioned and I can't see him being a first team player here. Kane comparisons are silly, Kane had much better shooting technique and had solid technique. Abraham does not in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, DG19 said:

I hope we bring him back next year. Feel Swansea never played to his strengths.

His stats must not affect his chances at Chelsea next season . Not comparing but Harry Kane never had a good goal return while on loan. 

Hundreds of players didn't have a good goal return in their loan spells, you can hardly use that as a reason to give him a chance. He's looked totally out of his depth when I've seen him for Swansea this season, and I maintain giving him an England cap at this point in his career was ridiculous and just showed how weak England are.

19 hours ago, Zeta said:

Hundreds of players didn't have a good goal return in their loan spells, you can hardly use that as a reason to give him a chance. He's looked totally out of his depth when I've seen him for Swansea this season, and I maintain giving him an England cap at this point in his career was ridiculous and just showed how weak England are.

Yeah, the england cap was just bizzare. Happy for him but it didn't make sense overall. 

I think we should either keep him next year with the squad or sell him. I would prefer we kept him and let him train with the first team seeing as Conte liked him and didn't want him to go on loan in the first place. 

A few things to bear in mind:

- He started the season brilliantly, but was clearly affected (as was everyone in that side) by Swansea's drastic downturn in form. He appears to have picked up somewhat now Carvalhal is in charge;

- He was superb for Bristol City last year and instrumental to their overachievement;

- He was unfortunate that Swansea decided to sign Wilfried Bony, a fan favourite, on the last day of the summer transfer window;

- He's still only 20!