Poll: Do you agree with the decision to sack José?

PloKoon13

Do you agree with José's sacking?  

131 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with José's sacking?

• Yes
    • No

Not intended as another (to add to the current myriad of them) discussion thread. Just a simple poll to see, in terms of numbers, how people feel about José's sacking.

I don't know if this is possible but ideally this would be merged with the existing sacking thread.

if we lost the next two games people would have said differently about his sacking, but i feel it's the best decision while there's still time to turn things around. at the end of the day if players aren't listening to him any more and our key players want to play the opposite way to how he wants, then what can you do? it's all well and good disagreeing with the sacking, but a lot of us were getting bored with the tedious style of play and negative tactics, he refused to change and adapt and we were suffering because of this. 

It's hard...if we could look two months into the future, and see we're in exactly the same position as we are now (hovering over relegation), then I think it'd be right to say, we should sack him right now.

If however, we'd made a move, and were mid-table, I'd be like...give him another year to try and turn it back around.

But....I can't see into the future (....yet), and maybe the club looking further into this season saw nothing to suggest anything resembling a turn around was on the horizon, and so they made a tough, calculated and unpopular choice to sack the favourite manager the Chelsea fans have ever had,

I truly believe the club wanted this to work, but I don't think they ever thought being in a relegation battle halfway through the season was a possibility. Mourinho has made plenty of mistakes, and it definitely appears he has lost the players (though players should take responsibility too).

I know it's an unpopular opinion...but given the situation this season...despite my affection and appreciation for what Jose has given to the club, this change may actually be needed here. I don't think Jose's personality can truly lead to stability. He's a winner, no doubt about it, but he's a touch volatile...and if you do enough volatile things, eventually it may all just blow up.

I could be wrong (I often am). He may sign for a rival in the future, and stay there for 15 years, winning everything, every year, but it seems unlikely.

This sacking, which I believe to be somewhat justifiable, does further the club's reputation for dumping managers, and I would be lying if I said this latest set back doesn't give me doubts about our club's ability to actually find the stabilising manager we all crave...but if I'm realistic...I don't know if Jose was ever going to be that manager given his history, even if we all love him and wanted him to be one.

It was the right decision but he remains one of the absolute elite managers in world football and I'm sure he'll beat us with some other club in the future.

There just wasn't any other choice.

Yep. 

It's always kinda ironic when a manager gets sacked and then another club sack their manager and appoint the sacked manager from club A, assuming he will turn things round, which sometimes they do. The old managerial merry-go-round. Guess sometimes, things just go a bit stale and you need a change. Had so hoped it wasn't going to come to this but probably for the best for all concerned.

I'm gutted but surprised it didn't happen after the Bournemouth game. Losing away to Leicester is hardly a disgrace at the moment, but losing at home to Bournemouth was really a kick in the teeth.

I still can't decide if its the right decision or not, as my fondness for Mourinho is probably clouding my better judgement. I feel he earned the right to have a mediocre season, but this is NOT mediocrity, its far, far worse.

And while the players have to take a large part of the blame, we all know that the manager carries the can, if it had been any other manager I'd have been calling for his head weeks ago.

Put me down as a don't know.

I don't agree with the sacking of Jose at this point. If we hadn't got 6 points from the next 2 games then I would have said the club really wouldn't have had much choice. After hearing his comments after the Leicester game I think even Jose knew there was nothing more he could do with these players to get results on the pitch.

The first time Jose was fired I was relieved with the decision and wasn't a huge fan of the direction things were starting to go.

This time I'm absolutely gutted.  I can't believe they didn't give him longer.

I accept that there can be a new manager swing, but at the moment I have absolutely no faith that the senior players can turn it around (and due to quality of play that includes JT).

I honestly do not see how this helps our season, and how anyone, even Guus, can get better out of the shambolic lot that have been out there this season.

No leaders and heart in this squad. No one to dig in and fight for the pride of the club. All I can see are mercenaries. J T Can't do it all alone. For the first time in my life of supporting the club I actually feel numb. Jose was the right manager. Why not start to ship out the trouble in January and rebuild. My wish would be to see Carlo back with Steve Clarke as his number 2. But I doubt that would happen.

The second worst decision in club history after 2007. This time is second worst for me because we currently have a group of mostly spineless cowards with very few leaders and winners and in 2007 we had the club's greatest ever squad. In some aspects, that's a reason why this time is worse because this group were only league competitive under the best manager in the world and don't have the mental strength to work through it.

It's a terrible feel of emptiness, we lost a huge piece of identity and passion, I look at the working process at the joke of a board, soulless, Roman, soulless, most of the players, soulless. Emptiness. I have no doubt that anyone who had a part in this absurd decision will live to regret it. But on second thought? Who are these people? Board puppets? They don't care. Players? As they proved in the last few months, most of them don't even have pride in their profession, let alone this football club. The one who cares? Yeah, he will continue to do what he does best.

Should have waited to see if he could turn it around over the next few weeks. Soon the players that helped bring him down will be gone and then were will we be :( Costa, Hazzard Did they infect, Cahill, Ivanovi? wasn't the same man, nor Azpilicueta all three went to pieces. 

But at the end of the day he was paid $250,000 a WEEK. I'm in sales and I know what would have happened to me if my teams performance dropped and I let it continue for a few weeks! I make 50K a YEAR

I need to know who we're planning to replace him with before I can form an opinion either way.

When I saw the reports today I certainly wasn't surprised, it felt to me like it had been coming for a long time. I'm still disappointed, but it doesn't feel like a rash decision like it has so many times before.

Archived