N'golo Kante - We are not worthy!

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

So much for our midfield being "the best in the league" when people are bashing Kante and when Jorginho and Kovacic can't win Brighton.

At least Kante played amazing in almost all big games this season, he's the only one with a top performance in 99% of our important games.

18 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

So much for our midfield being "the best in the league" when people are bashing Kante and when Jorginho and Kovacic can't win Brighton.

At least Kante played amazing in almost all big games this season, he's the only one with a top performance in 99% of our important games.

Important games? Every game is important we can only get three points per game. Don't understand what you try to say. 

From your point of view there are way more "less important" games and therefore those are more important, or not? 

1 hour ago, Nevamind said:

Important games? Every game is important we can only get three points per game. Don't understand what you try to say. 

From your point of view there are way more "less important" games and therefore those are more important, or not? 

This last game wasn't that important, it wasn't a big game. Kante did well in almost all big games this season, even after coming back from injury. He's our top player.

10 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Put Kante in a counter-attacking team and he'll look amazing, in Lampard's team where we want to dominate the opposition he looks beyond average. 

Hes still our best player ever since Hazard left. If he was beyond average this last game, the rest were garbage by those same standards.

5 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Do you not feel though, that we all have a bit of a cheek, questioning the worth of a player that wonea world cup and back to back league championships with different clubs in a position that he made his own. And now, of course, its his fault for not being able to play three roles simultaneously.

I know nothing about football because to my simple brain i think the best tactic is to pick 11 players and play them in the positions that they are best in. Silly me.

Also, if he is expected to play in three passages of play then surely it means somebody else is having a cheat up out there. Doesn't it?

I'm not questioning his worth, it's just that he's being asked to do too much. I can understand the logic behind it.

I wouldn't say someone's having a cheat but him doing all these things allow some of the players more freedom eg. Mount is able to add support on the left instead of being stuck in the middle, Jorginho is able to sit deep without coming forward as much or cover as huge a ground (limited athleticism), the defense with Kante around has more time to get back especially with James being allowed freedom to join the attack as well. I can see the reason behind it but it hinges too much on Kante having the perfect game. 

Is simple Hazard is gone and he often got moaned at for not pulling a rabbit out of his a$$ every game. Now Kante is our only World class player left so he gets the grief.

Problem is Kante cannot pick up the mantle hazard left. He does a job so someone like Hazard has freedom. None of our attackers are anywhere near Hazard levels.

2 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Is simple Hazard is gone and he often got moaned at for not pulling a rabbit out of his a$$ every game. Now Kante is our only World class player left so he gets the grief.

Problem is Kante cannot pick up the mantle hazard left. He does a job so someone like Hazard has freedom. None of our attackers are anywhere near Hazard levels.

Yep, was also thinking the same thing. If we had a world class attacker, the dynamic would be so different.

2 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Hopefully next season the attackers that will be among the world class elite: Pulisic, Hudson-Odoi, Abraham. 

8 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Hes still our best player ever since Hazard left. If he was beyond average this last game, the rest were garbage by those same standards.

Then why is it when he was injured this team was playing much better? The kante of now is not instrumental to our play, I think if anything he has disrupted it and in these games where we dominate possession he's a negative on the side. 

2 minutes ago, DisposeOfDeadwood said:

Been poor since his return from injury.

Our best period this season was when Jorginho and Kovacic were in midfield together, and I think we need to go back to that. Kante needs to go back to the bench and earn his spot. Either that or just sell him off to Real Madrid/PSG for 100m and cash in while we can

I don't see anyone offering £100m or anything close just now, either the verdict is still out on the injury or he is not deemed to be in vogue.

1 hour ago, Strider6003 said:

I don't see anyone offering £100m or anything close just now, either the verdict is still out on the injury or he is not deemed to be in vogue.

Madrid and PSG were pretty heavily linked with Kante all summer, can't remember the exact fee that was touted but it was pretty high.

What you on about dkw? He has only been one of the top players in the league for consecutive seasons. That just can't compete with two players who have probably racked up about 10 real quality performances each in a Chelsea shirt.

I'd pay the taxi fare to have him binned

6 minutes ago, loz said:

What you on about dkw? He has only been one of the top players in the league for consecutive seasons. That just can't compete with two players who have probably racked up about 10 real quality performances each in a Chelsea shirt.

I'd pay the taxi fare to have him binned

You probably should give it a few more days, to avoid the Christmas premium charge on top of taxi fares.

3 hours ago, dkw said:

People still want us to sell Kante? Unbelievable idiocy. 

Fortunately those same people do not run the club.

Is far more a possibility Kante decides, coming to the best years of his career, that maybe he wants one more challenge and the Lampard project will take a few years to bare real fruit most likely. If he did I would wish him all the best as I did with Hazard. He is a great servant to the club.

He's been world class and still is absolutely however even the best have dips in form and that's when the manager needs to manage them well so they get back to form. This argument of selling him is a absolute none starter stop it now, it's reactionary and silly. I remembered also a few calling for the same when hazard had dips in form very fickle.

I can't remember the last time he's had a good match where in previous seasons it was " I can't remember the last time he had a bad match " that says a hell of a lot.

Lampard needs to take him out of the firing line and nurse him back to form.

3 minutes ago, Brutos said:

Lampard needs to take him out of the firing line and nurse him back to form.

or play a formation with 3 central midfielders - Can't see why that couldn't work - hell Lamps could even put Mount back there & I am sure that move will assist the midfield situation vs teams that like to sit back - one more bit of the story, is the fact the media would like to see Kante play at either Real Madrid or Barca - I don't make this shit up - there are many people that believe & try to push this agenda

He's by far our best player. Period, you sell him the whole squad gets worse.

The players just need different instructions, thats all. 

Remember the pre-season? Jorginho was pressing the highest, that early on resulted in some easy counter attacks against us, now the team doesn't press high so intensly but if the ball breaks and Kante is pressing the midfield falls apart and it's a huge pressure to the backline, this is a fact and the solution so far is a yellow card for Jorginho or Kovacic, or it's a goal against us.

Kante needs to stay in his own half when pressing and leave the pressing to Mount, he's good at that anyway.

Edited by Gol15