Chelsea Vs Roma (CL) Wed 18 Oct 2017 KO 19:45 GMT

coco
Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, JJP said:

Hazard and Morata are quality together.

In all fairness, Roma deserved that goal, Azpi got beaten too easily! Christensen not really at fault there

First one = True. Wish the midfielders will prioritise these two.

2nd = They'll make us pay if we continue to be complacent. Damn!

This lethargic play is so frustrating.  Courtois should be distributing quickly out into the midfield/wings rather than waiting for everyone to get organised, throw it to a centre back, who then passes it back to him for hoof . . I can't make sense of it.

Well, we're leading but we are not looking good. Our football is nowhere near our best, all we do is counter-attack and it can cost us a lot. I still can't find Fabregas's role, what he does on the pitch. Luiz had a good start but his fouls got him out of the game, losing battles. We're missing aggression in our defence, Kolarov's goal shouldn't happen, a defender puts his body right on him and he is down legally. Rudiger is needed for these games, they have Dzeko, Perotti strong players. 

We have to find a solution for the second half, Fabregas should be off. Bakayoko and Luiz can do the dirty job, we need one player in our attack. 

Well, some players are not meant to command. They are meant to listen. I cant imagine David Luiz taking some tips and even yells by... Azpilicueta. Please. That was a mistake by Conte. He is still trying to command the rest, even if he is not the captain, and that affects his play a lot. Come on. That was a dumb choice. 

Really poor showing, as people have said the right hand side is being exposed to often 

Fabregas having another shocker ,his lack of pace is getting shown up time and time again.

there are more goals in this game lets hope chelsea can stay 1 infront

9really poor performance so far. Struggled to get out, midfield has been poor, fabregas and bakayoko havent really got into the game, and david Luiz has been chasing shadows. Up top hazard and morata have had very little to work with but still haven't held the ball up enough. 

Last 5 mins we actually started to look like the home side, but we need to improve or roma will score again. 

1 minute ago, BenCFC19 said:

What is that imbecile Peter Drury talking about when he said "long overdue goal" from Hazard? Pretty difficult to score when you're on the treatment table you nonce

1. I agree, I was thinking he's been injured for ages.

2. I love the word nonce so well played :laugh2:

6 minutes ago, CFCholland said:

He's been poor most of this season in my opinion.

I was just about to say that Azpi has been a bit poor for the last few games. Does he need rest or something. The difference between Morata and Bats is huge.

17 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

Pirlo didn't play on the side of the three though did he? That would have exposed his lack of pace. I'd understand playing him deep in the centre to spray passes but those type of players on the sides of the three expose their lack of pace/defensive ability 

He has been playing deep centrally from what I've watched. I haven't seen the whole match though. He definitely did against Atleti

Winning, but it's not been good from us, we are struggling badly at the back and in the middle this season, we just can't seem to get going at all. Teams are playing through us too easily, the only thing we have going good for us right now is our counter attack. Fabregas should not need to play this deep every game, not in a 3 man midfield, it should be so much easier for him than it is. Bakayoko and Luiz are more advanced than him, this isn't how it should be. They have cut off our attack almost completely because we can't get out most creative player involved in the game, and it's been going on all season.

We also can't get the wing backs forward because they are having to do so much defensive work. Playing out of the back isn't working either, it's too predictable, the 3 CB's are being pressed and it's impossible to cope with. We need to get the ball into midfield better and quicker because all we are doing is putting pressure on ourselves. 

I think we need a tactical change, it's been going on for too long to just be a blip now. Conte needs to react now before the players lose too much confidence.

azpi needs a rest, he really is the only outfield player in our team who hasn't had a rest for god knows how long. getting beat by kolarov is shameful tbh, he's not that fast. i think conte needs to think of a different formation if his form continues and replace him for a couple games with zappacosta/rudiger.