Andy Carroll - Football has gone mad

4 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

In a more attacking side that isn't playing against a packed defense maybe. In Germany, there aren't many teams that play defensive or make things too difficult for the strikers, it's not a surprise he scored so many there. It's the type of league that suits him perfectly. Premier League defenders never make it easy for you, that is why he has never looked good when starting games. He's a good goal poacher coming off the bench over here, but he's not a good player to start games in. Also, it's like i said, we don't create chances for poacher type strikers so he wouldn't even get those types of chances for us.

I was never saying I’d start him up front but if we are lacking goals he’s a proven goal scorer and I was questioning why we wouldn’t go after him. It’s really just a comparison of the two.  If we bought Carrol do you think we’d play it to his feet? We’d create chances, or try to, that suit our players needs/skills.

Matt Law just tweeted again confirming Chelsea and West Ham are looking to get the deal done. 

A new low. There is no logical reasoning behind this signing. He is not going to solve our goal scoring problems, he is not going to make us play better football, he will add no quality to the team. What is the point of this signing? We have wasted enough money as it is on bang average players this season and now to add another one to the list. That's like what £100million wasted this season so far? If we do pay £30 for Carroll. Dear god the investment into the squad is so bad I can't even laugh. 

I am not that type of person that wishes any player injury regardless if it is our team or an opponent. But f**k me I hope Carroll fails the medical so this transfer doesn't go through. 

Edited by zes

4 minutes ago, zes said:

I am not that type of person that wishes any player injury regardless if it is our team or an opponent. But f**k me I hope Carroll fails the medical so this transfer doesn't go through. 

We’d probably sign him anyway...

So I hate to admit it but I’m not 100% against this transfer. Whilst I agree there are 100’s of better attackers we could go for, I can see those long balls over the midfield that don’t reach Morata being held up with Carroll’s strength and ability to get into dodgy positions and Hazard and Morata feeding off of him left right and centre. Are there better target men, yes. Would I rather anyone else, yes. But considering all the above along with all of the (many) negatives, if we can get a 6 month loan or a fee of less than £20M (given today’s market) I wouldn’t be entirely devestated. 

4 hours ago, coco said:

It makes no sense, your grammar is unreadable.

I get what your'e saying there Coco but if the correct use of grammar and spelling was a prerequisite for posting here this place would be a ghost town, as would many other websites :wink:.

Andy Carroll though ?  Please god NO.

I think we could all probably just about understand a 6 month loan move. It wouldn’t necessarily be too bad under those circumstances. However a permanent transfer is just asking for trouble with Carroll. Always injured and there’s always something going on with him. 

We’ll sign him for £20-30m on a 3 year contract? He won’t be around in a seasons time and we will be stuck with him, no doubt paying his wages.