Alvaro Morata

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Cam said:

His goal was classy. Turned the defender around, and then attempted the more difficult finish pulling it back the other side, leaving Cech no chance. Could be a confidence builder.

I'm was in the camp of loan him his head is not right though great to see him come up with a cracking goal.

Don't stop there Alvaro more to come please!

12 hours ago, WhiteWall said:

Spot on. Shame, but spot on. Giroud looked good though without scoring.

This annoys me to no end on this board. I’m not just singling you out but this caught my attention. Morata gets slated on here constantly, that miss at the end by Giroud was f**king woeful from a World Cup winning striker. If that had been Morata, there would be folk in here demanding he plays with the U20’s for the rest of the season. The double standards are frightening.

11 hours ago, EdinburghBlue said:

This annoys me to no end on this board. I’m not just singling you out but this caught my attention. Morata gets slated on here constantly, that miss at the end by Giroud was f**king woeful from a World Cup winning striker. If that had been Morata, there would be folk in here demanding he plays with the U20’s for the rest of the season. The double standards are frightening.

What is this supposed to mean. I merely said that i thought Giroud also looked good, although he didn't score. I don't even understand what it is that you are digging me out for actually.

I also actually thought Morata showed real promise. When it got tougher for him in the second half he crumbled a bit again, hence why i said it was a shame

Edited by WhiteWall
added comment

He was very good I thought, dispossessed Arsenal a few times, linked up well with Kante and Pedro, I don't have any criticism from this game, he should keep it up.

But keep your head up more please, I don't know if it's just the way he is but it looks like he gets annoyed too easily, if he loses the ball his head will go down, he needs to drop that mentality asap. 

33 minutes ago, Semper Fi said:

Great goal that. Who provided that assist again? Was it Azpilicuetta? Not sure why my memory faulters me 

It was Azpilucuetta, for some bizarre reason the commentators wouldn't mention it even though it was one of the best passes throughout the game. 

3 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I don't get hung up on which body part he uses.  Get the bugger scoring regularly and I don't care if it's his arse, his knee or his small intestine.

Exactly.

Remember ol' Demba Ba? He wasn't the most elegant or conventional of strikers. He usually poked the ball into the net falling over, skidding all over the place like Bambi on ice, legs akimbo and frothing at the mouth.

8 hours ago, big blue said:

That volley against United from mata's ball over the top was fantastic. 

He did okay considering we got him very cheap. Certainly had more of an impact than remy, who replaced him.

Remy has a League winners medal though, doesn't he?