Jump to content

Anthony Martial


JMaher94

Recommended Posts


19 minutes ago, dan_cfc said:

Think he has all the ingredients to be a top striker, Willian and Hazard either side of him would take some stopping.

He would never play striker for us, not unless we make big changes to our formation and tactics.

If he was to come, he would probably take Willian's spot in the first 11, or even worse........Hazard's :sad: Hazard and Martial's most comfortable position is LW.

Link to post
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Why do some think he cant play CF? the times he has played CF he looks fine and usually scores. I would only buy Martial if we plan on using him as a striker, im not 100% sold on him playing outwide. He does remind me a bit of Anelka. 

Agree with you. I said in the Random Rumours thread that I think Martial is a main striker. He's quality, and if the rumoured price is accurate he would be a steal in today's market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Why do some think he cant play CF? the times he has played CF he looks fine and usually scores. I would only buy Martial if we plan on using him as a striker, im not 100% sold on him playing outwide. He does remind me a bit of Anelka. 

He can play that role, but it depends on how the team are set up. For example, look at our set up, do you really think he would do well playing with his back to goal so much, jumping to win headers and holding up play against strong defenders? i don't. It wouldn't be any different than when we play Hazard there. Put him in Liverpool's team and i think it would be a different situation entirely. He would be a lot better for them because their style is to get the front 3 running at defenders, they don't ask their striker to hold up the ball and win headers against defenders.

So unless we see a complete change to our approach, then there would be no point playing him as a striker.

Link to post
Share on other sites

In the right setup I feel Martial would thrive as a striker. In a Mourinho or Conte team he'd be absolutely lost up top but in a Sarri or Jardim team he'd thrive like Dries Mertens has for Napoli and Mbappe did for Monaco 

If this does happen and we also keep hold of Hazard under a manager like Tuchel, Jardim, Sarri or even Enrique those two could be absolutely relentless 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

He can play that role, but it depends on how the team are set up. For example, look at our set up, do you really think he would do well playing with his back to goal so much, jumping to win headers and holding up play against strong defenders? i don't. It wouldn't be any different than when we play Hazard there. Put him in Liverpool's team and i think it would be a different situation entirely. He would be a lot better for them because their style is to get the front 3 running at defenders, they don't ask their striker to hold up the ball and win headers against defenders.

So unless we see a complete change to our approach, then there would be no point playing him as a striker.

In all honestly it's extremely unlikely Conte will be with us next season and from reports in the media it appears we'll be looking to change our playing philosophy. The majority of managers we have been linked with are mostly attack minded in their approach 

You're right though that in a system like ours or Utd's it would be a waste to play Martial as a CF

Link to post
Share on other sites

meanwhile city are looking at bailey. bailey is left footed, exactly what we're looking for, for the rw. martial won't leave utd, i don't believe it. utd wouldn't let him leave to come here despite all the talk about us and them having good transfer relations. they aren't as stupid to let him come here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

He would never play striker for us, not unless we make big changes to our formation and tactics.

If he was to come, he would probably take Willian's spot in the first 11, or even worse........Hazard's :sad: Hazard and Martial's most comfortable position is LW.

I think he's wasted at LW. 

He has that touch of Henry about him and can easily play up front.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, enigma said:

meanwhile city are looking at bailey. bailey is left footed, exactly what we're looking for, for the rw. martial won't leave utd, i don't believe it. utd wouldn't let him leave to come here despite all the talk about us and them having good transfer relations. they aren't as stupid to let him come here. 

City don't have enough talent on the wing for Pep eh? Shame 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On May 2, 2018 at 03:28, axman2526 said:

Would rather get rashford but would be a good signing. 

 

 

15 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Could play them both zeta.

Rashford will still be a prospect at 30, he's average as.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Well, this is awkward!

awkward the office GIF

The Shed End Forum relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible without pop ups or video adverts, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online and continue to keep the forum up, as over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this domain by switching it off. Some of the advert banners can actually be closed to avoid interferance of your experience on The Shed End.

Cheers now!

emma watson yes GIF

Alright already, It's off!