Anthony Martial

JMaher94

Martial is ours.

Jose Mourinho has lashed out at Martial, cricitising him for spending too long with his new born baby and he should be back at pre season now!

Anyone seen his interview? He looks rattled and I think he has already lost it. Let’s enjoy Jose meltdown next season! 

He's leaving, but I doubt United will send him to us, not if we send Willian the other way and money up front. Jose is doing his usual third season madness again, blame the board for not supporting him in transfer, blame players, play down his chance even before the season kicks off, the pattern is there for all to see.

41 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

Does anyone think we have any chance of getting Martial without Willian going the other way?  Reason I ask, is it sounds increasingly likelier every day that Willian is going to stay.

I don't think we have a chance at getting Martial even if Willian joined United. They will never sell a young player as good as Martial to a team who would be a direct rival to them. 

If we end up with Martial at the end of this transfer window, i'll donate a fiver to the forum.

1 hour ago, jack_super_class said:

He's been left out of there squad to face Bayern, surprising that considering he hasn't been training recently.

Been heavily linked to Bayern as well as us, maybe something to that rumour?

I’m predicting that we’re going to sign him though, with Willian going the other way.

Jose has thrown him under the bus this pre-season, feels a lot like how he treated KDB when he was at Chelsea, so I can’t see Martial staying at United this season.

Willian yesterday: 

“I hope to remain at Chelsea - unless they want to sell me”. 

I think will do a deal with United. They need to get rid of Martin and he’s reportedly a player we like. While we’re quite happy with Willian in the squad, this is our last chance to cash in on him. My money is on this happening - it sounds as if Willian might be open to it as well. 

59 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Willian yesterday: 

“I hope to remain at Chelsea - unless they want to sell me”. 

I think will do a deal with United. They need to get rid of Martin and he’s reportedly a player we like. While we’re quite happy with Willian in the squad, this is our last chance to cash in on him. My money is on this happening - it sounds as if Willian might be open to it as well. 

Could see this one happening as well. If we decide to play Martial as a striker - and also buy Zaha, we'd have a pretty pacy and unpredictable front three with Haz, Martial and Zaha. 

49 minutes ago, Hanzen said:

Could see this one happening as well. If we decide to play Martial as a striker - and also buy Zaha, we'd have a pretty pacy and unpredictable front three with Haz, Martial and Zaha. 

Well that's very unrealistic. Bith players would cost us close to £150m. Not a chance we buy both. We also possibly could buy one more central midfielder and a central defender. That's about £200m plus in 3 days. Very, very unlikely we spend anywhere close to that in the remainder of this window. We may sell in January, but to sell and buy this window would be difficult. 

47 minutes ago, enigma said:

Well that's very unrealistic. Bith players would cost us close to £150m. Not a chance we buy both. We also possibly could buy one more central midfielder and a central defender. That's about £200m plus in 3 days. Very, very unlikely we spend anywhere close to that in the remainder of this window. We may sell in January, but to sell and buy this window would be difficult. 

Indeed. Very unlikely. But it would be interesting. A lot of people seem to forget that most clubs in most countries can buy our players until the start of september. So if we're buying now, we still have toaround three weeks to get rid of players. Even then, buying clubs will know that we aren't in a position to replace the following, meaning that their prices could increase. If - and this is as major if - we manage to get Martial, it'll probably be by the cost om Willian plus £10-20M. Zaha would also be something like that, perhaps with DD or RLC as makeweight. Not sure the two of them would cost us THAT much.

55 minutes ago, enigma said:

From the rumours ive read it would be a straight swap willian for martial, and drinkwater would be used as a makeweight in a deal for Zaha. So probably cost us £40m odd. 

There's no way United would sell us martial unless willian went the other way. 

We've left it too late now though to get complicated deals like these through though.

I questioned Martial's pedigree to play as a 'number 9' for us, and I still would be very wary of the fact he has never done that anywhere in his career. 

That said, his versatility, combined with how useless Morata looks for us up front, is making me think this could make a lot of sense. 

He would  give us options in more than one area (right side of attack and up front), and it's the two areas we could really use alternative options. 

I really can't see United selling to us though. The Willian swap is probably the only way I could see this happening. 

Archived