Newcastle V Chelsea (PL) Sun 13th May 15:00 UK

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, General said:

The team was only a week ago on the end of a 5 game winning streak taking momentum to the last 2 prem games where we and the media could see us getting top 4. What does AC do 6 changes Weds and 8 changes today. And we wonder why this has gone pear shaped.

All his good work from last season undone, I’m going final next week a big investment when you live in LA so the bloke better play the strongest 11 and keep Baka & Barkley on the friggin bench. 

I don't agree that all of his work last season has been undone. We were Premier League champions, it doesn't get better than that. 

Conte has made many many mistakes, but the players should take the blame too. How many more times do we let this lot off? they always turn to sh*t after a successful season, i refuse to believe that is all down to the manager. We have had some of the best coach's at this club, it's laughable that they have all been sacked.

3 minutes ago, General said:

The team was only a week ago on the end of a 5 game winning streak taking momentum to the last 2 prem games where we and the media could see us getting top 4. What does AC do 6 changes Weds and 8 changes today. And we wonder why this has gone pear shaped.

All his good work from last season undone, I’m going final next week a big investment when you live in LA so the bloke better play the strongest 11 and keep Baka & Barkley on the friggin bench  beach

Fixed it for you

1 minute ago, Super Liquid said:

The formation has always been the problem. 3-4-3 makes us vulnerable in midfield because the 2-man pivot is expected to take on too much responsibility of both defending and connecting the ball from defense to attack. Conte always plays 5 defenders every game regardless of the opponent and always opts for wingplay while our midfield suffers.

We can’t play a flat back four because we don’t have enough pace in there

I really hope they fire Conte today. It's clearly all over and I can't stand the thought of watching his randomly generated 11 playing this negatively in the cup final hoping United fail to turn up and let us get some scrappy winner. I'd rather us lose whilst going for it than watching this dross.

Just now, Lucashm said:

Honestly, the only player that look like they are even trying are Tbo, Christensen, Azpi, Kante and Emerson, the rest have been absolute embarassments

Emerson has been poor. Provides no attacking width, just gets the ball, then turns and passes it back. Same as Moses on the other side. Literally no invention going forward from anyone.

i think the overreaction to the players downing tools is a bit much. plenty teams have looked poor this season, much less against a decent newcastle side away, sometimes it doesn't click. the problem is, conte could and should have changed up the formation. it's become predictable pretty much all season. benitez isn't your part time manager, he's one of the more tactically astute coachs out there. he would have known how to play against this formation. the problem comes when conte refuses to change anything at all and then we're surprised when the team aren't able to perform every game when we come up against a half decent coach. 

Edited by enigma

2 minutes ago, enigma said:

if any club should have been doing that on a constant basis it's arsenal, so i wouldn't expect it from us, let alone any club. 

True, Monaco did it earlier this season, but it doesn’t happen in England, as far as I know, maybe it should, if players down tools like this. 

6 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

They have downed tools, they just can’t be f**ked. Players are paid a fortune, fans have paid money to go and watch them, but they can’t be bothered. Proof that Conte can’t motivate them and this would never have been allowed to happen with the likes of JT, Lamps, Drogba, Ivanovic. 

It did though, nowhere near as bad, but that was because we had a better squad back then, but it did happen.

Genuinely amazed at how bad we've been. I didn't know it was possible for us to offer nothing in attack or defence against a mediocre team.

Luckily any optimism I had was gone when we failed to deliver against Huddersfield and gave Spuds a free pass into the CL (which they might have coughed up today had we done what we needed to). Ah well, this game is a fitting end to a bad league season.

So f**king depressing. One of the worst halves of football I've ever seen from us, and we're playing Newcastle. We're making them look like City.

We haven't troubled their keeper once. Has he even touched the ball? Whereas our keeper's making saves every two minutes.

Bakayoko has to leave. I've seen enough. He will never be a top player. We had a settled defence, we were winning games and keeping clean sheets. What does our manager do? Brings back Christensen for our last two games, with predictable results. Bakayoko in a midfield two and Christensen at the heart of our defence, it was only going to lead to problems. We look so f**king fragile.

I've said this before but Conte is making the same mistake with Barkley as he did with RLC. He thinks he's an attacker, he's not, he's a midfielder. He needs to pick up the ball facing the play, not with his back to it. It's f**king pathetic. 

Pathetic tinkering from our manager for the second game in succession for a must-win game. Forget how Liverpool are doing, we still had to win this game, on the off chance. I always said the game that looked most interesting to me was Spurs versus Leicester. So it's proving.

We're out of the CL and deservedly so. No doubt the manager will be pointing fingers at everybody but himself. What an absolute w**ker.

6 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

No, BT Sport.

6 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

BT Sport

Lol, I remember some seasons ago, we used to taunt Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs fans with playing thursday nights football on CH5, how times have changed.

2 minutes ago, Shug said:

Conte has to tell everyone on the pitch if they don’t get their fingers out forget even being in the squad for the FA cup final

I suspect there are only a few players who still give a sh*t about what Conte says.

Last year Conte got all his praises - and rightly so, but last summer and this season he lost his plot completely and managed to piss off too many people. You reap what you sow.

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Rudiger is rapid and Christensen isn’t exactly slow. 

Our problem is once the midfield 2 are pressed, back line isn’t good enough to effectly start an attack. Luiz used to bring the ball out of defence, Christiansen is young and hot prospect but his ball playing skills have lot of room to be improved, as seen in the second leg in barca.

1 minute ago, enigma said:

i think the overreaction to the players downing tools is a bit much. plenty teams lose looking poor, sometimes it doesn't click.

We’ve lost games where a least we’ve tried. They literally look like they can’t be bothered. 

At 3pm this afternoon I had two choices, go in doors and watch game or carry on sitting in garden in sun, thankfully I decided to stay in garden. I have resigned myself to a defeat next week at Wembley, so I'm just going for the day out and piss up!!!!

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

Rudiger is rapid and Christensen isn’t exactly slow. 

Moses and Zappacosta aren’t out and out full backs and would be poor defensively. Alonso too slow,  Emerson the jury is still out for me. Dave would be a waste to go back to full back but an option.

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

It did though, nowhere near as bad, but that was because we had a better squad back then, but it did happen.

No it didn’t, yes we lost games, but we did not down tools and put in zero effort with that lot in the squad. 

1 minute ago, Davey Baby said:

I've said this before but Conte is making the same mistake with Barkley as he did with RLC. He thinks he's an attacker, he's not, he's a midfielder. He needs to pick up the ball facing the play, not with his back to it. It's f**king pathetic. .

Not even sure Barkley is even a midfielder, f**king sh*te.

It looks like he has lost the dressing room.

I bet there was a back lash from that team selection in midweek. 

Worse 45 mins of an underwhelming season. 

If spurs lose, that will only highlight the complete incompetence of not playing our best side against Huddersfield. 

Thanks for last season conte, but I will be glad to see the back of him.