Jorginho is.... (well now was) a Blue

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 minutes ago, charierre said:

In other words your spouting bollocks again. No amount of reasoning can predict the future. Theory may sound good but it can never be fact till it happens.

Let's then also use the same standard and say that it's also wrong to say that we can't win a PL title with Jorginho. I mean first it was like we can't win anything with him, then it was that Europa League "doesn't matter", now we can't say that we can't win the CL with him so the only thing remaining is the PL so he must be the problem.

If people can believe in that I have the full right to believe that if he had signed for Man City he would have had a PL title by now.

I'll spin it this way.  Replace Matic with Jorginho in the Conte title team, I'm convinced we would not have won the league that year....  I'm not knocking Jorginho but the way we play and not how Pep plays, I don't think we will win the league with Jorginho in our side.  We'd be close but not close enough.  To my mind we are just two players short for a shot at the title. A partner for Kante and a goalscoring centre forward.  Can we win the CL again with Jorginho, yes, but if we are focusing on both competitions I am convinced we'll fall short in the league with him.

21 minutes ago, Chris Gundleton said:

I'll spin it this way.  Replace Matic with Jorginho in the Conte title team, I'm convinced we would not have won the league that year....  I'm not knocking Jorginho but the way we play and not how Pep plays, I don't think we will win the league with Jorginho in our side.  We'd be close but not close enough.  To my mind we are just two players short for a shot at the title. A partner for Kante and a goalscoring centre forward.  Can we win the CL again with Jorginho, yes, but if we are focusing on both competitions I am convinced we'll fall short in the league with him.

I believe that too, Matic is a more standard/classical DM and for Conte's tactic an important part of the whole, he failed to replace Matic when we signed Bakayoko.

But consider that we won the CL with Jorginho and Kante, they are by no means a bad partnership. If we can beat Man City 3 times in a row who's to say where is our peak in this tactic? It can go either way but if we find a DM that can rotate with Jorginho we have a good chance to do well in the league and finally challenge Man City for the league title.

This guy is a class act. Yes OK... Not effective vs poorer sides but if you know anything about football you will realise he played a huge role in the CL final. People get angry just because he goes under the radar and has bad games. For me, I want him on my side not playing against him. He is a great sitting midfielder. Doing bits for Italy right now too. 

I respect t Jorginho. He makes teams better and he can put up with the crowd getting down on him. Takes real character to stare down the anti Jorginho chelsea fans. Played great for Italy and has a lot of great games for Chelsea  we are lucky to have him. But we still need to reinforce all the ageing legs in the midfield. 

Edited by ozboy

16 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Based on the Italian performances in the tournament their number 8 looks pretty good so far. 

I think that Locatelli looked better, two goals and the first one started by himself with a long range pass rarely seen by their number 8 😉 

4 hours ago, RMH said:

I think that Locatelli looked better, two goals and the first one started by himself with a long range pass rarely seen by their number 8 😉 

That pass was fabolous!🤤 First time pass with his weaker foot and then he follows the play into the box and finished the move he started off himself. Weren't we interested in some midfielders? Based on these two Euros games Locatelli looks the part.

Edited by True Blue23

On 17/06/2021 at 23:06, Gol15 said:

Italy has a balanced team, everyone has a similar style and they all work for each other, Barella Jorginho Lucatelli midfield is very stable and it's going to be interesting to see how will Verratti fit in once he gets to play.

Yes they look the best team currently in the Euros and like you say very balanced.

I expect them to go far.

On 17/06/2021 at 23:06, Gol15 said:

Italy has a balanced team, everyone has a similar style and they all work for each other, Barella Jorginho Lucatelli midfield is very stable and it's going to be interesting to see how will Verratti fit in once he gets to play.

Indeed. Just so much more systematic than a certain other team close to many of our hearts. One does wonder what said other team does in training. 

Guest Sindre

At the heart of midfield for Italy who's not conceded in over 1000 minutes of football and at the heart of midfield for a team that won the CL and barely conceding a goal as well. Clearly not as big of a defensive liability as some claim.

Very underrated.

I just don't entertain people that don't rate Jorginho. Is he the best defensive midfielder in the world? No but, he is a hard worker and a valuable squad member to any team in the world international or club.

People forget Pep wanted him and we quite literally stole him from under City's nose, you would think that would have been enough to endear him to the fans choosing Sarri and us over City and Pep apparently not.

Funny enough I feel like a lot of Chelsea fans that criticise Jorgehh as soon as he makes a mistake would be the first to be suggesting we need to sign a player of his ilk were he to play for another team.

19 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I just don't entertain people that don't rate Jorginho. Is he the best defensive midfielder in the world? No but, he is a hard worker and a valuable squad member to any team in the world international or club.

People forget Pep wanted him and we quite literally stole him from under City's nose, you would think that would have been enough to endear him to the fans choosing Sarri and us over City and Pep apparently not.

Funny enough I feel like a lot of Chelsea fans that criticise Jorgehh as soon as he makes a mistake would be the first to be suggesting we need to sign a player of his ilk were he to play for another team.

I saw a quote a couple of months back that the only people who really go all in on Jorginho critisism are Arsenal fans who rate Granit Xhaka, pundits/supporters who can't let the Kante sitting DM thing go and Chelsea fans who want to sign Declan Rice.

I laughed at the time and passed it off as banter but thinking about it is it that far from the truth? 🤣

7 hours ago, Argo said:

I saw a quote a couple of months back that the only people who really go all in on Jorginho critisism are Arsenal fans who rate Granit Xhaka, pundits/supporters who can't let the Kante sitting DM thing go and Chelsea fans who want to sign Declan Rice.

I laughed at the time and passed it off as banter but thinking about it is it that far from the truth? 🤣

Legit though that's the demographic bro, I think a lot of people on here are honest about their feelings to Jorginho. Great player limited in his mobility but nonetheless a great servant for the club.

The Kante dm thing is sooo funny I don't understand where it started, maybe like some pundits started criticising Sarri and then the internet warriors jumped on the bandwagon or something? I have no idea

12 hours ago, LongtimerLurker said:

Agreed.

5 hours ago, Bob stark said:

You got to be joking. 

No I'm serious if you look at our squad I can't imagine any top coach looking at Jorginho and not wanting him in their team. Take it from me I'm an under 16s coach and if I had a player that could recycle possession and keep my midfield ticking like him, I would be over the moon.

Not to mention he's a trusted pen taker, yeah he's hit the post a couple times but when he's on pens I feel fairly relaxed he'll dispatch them.

On 22/06/2021 at 18:46, LongtimerLurker said:

No I'm serious if you look at our squad I can't imagine any top coach looking at Jorginho and not wanting him in their team. Take it from me I'm an under 16s coach and if I had a player that could recycle possession and keep my midfield ticking like him, I would be over the moon.

Not to mention he's a trusted pen taker, yeah he's hit the post a couple times but when he's on pens I feel fairly relaxed he'll dispatch them.

Here is a  question. Can you easily find player who can do Jorginho recycling job and more. 

On 22/06/2021 at 01:14, LongtimerLurker said:

Also can I just add that having a player that quite literally sets the tone of a match with his passing is invaluable.

Coaches dream quite literally, possession is such an underrated aspect of his game  he is almost always available to recieve a pass and then able to move the ball regardless of direction.

You say this, but it doesn't actually happen. You're making an assumption based on a stereotype of what he should be, rather than what he offers. If he did half of what people say he does, he'd be signed by Madrid, Barcelona or PSG who are crying out for such a player. Jorginho is Mikel 2.0.

15 years ago Jorginho was a rare style of player. Now there are dozens of players who can and should replace him.