Kante      Jorhingo        Barkley

Pedro      Batshuayi      Hazard 

Edited by zes

Bulka

Azpi       Christensen     Rudiger      Emerson 

Kante      Jorhingo        

Barkley

Pedro/Willian      Morata/Michy      Hazard/CHO 

No idea how Huddersfield's pre-season will have gone but assuming they had fewer players at the World Cup it's probably a safe bet that they've had more constructive time together since July than we have. I think they will have a real go at us and it just depends which Chelsea turns up what the outcome might be. We need Kante back, I would drop Morata and play Giroud if he's ready - if not, give Bats a go. 

8 hours ago, carrickblue said:

No idea how Huddersfield's pre-season will have gone but assuming they had fewer players at the World Cup it's probably a safe bet that they've had more constructive time together since July than we have. I think they will have a real go at us and it just depends which Chelsea turns up what the outcome might be. We need Kante back, I would drop Morata and play Giroud if he's ready - if not, give Bats a go. 

And that may just play into our hands.

I expect to see the same eleven from City game. the stars didn't look well yesterday, except for Kante of course, who looks sharp 365 days. 

Away game, no pre-season for the lads, tough start. this is going to be the same start like what we had under Ancelotti and Konte in the beginning - 2:1 West ham, 1-2 Watford, 2-1 Hull..

I expect to see something like this with the players that did/didn't play last night:

Kepa

Azpi  D.Luiz  Rudiger  Alonso

Jorginho

Kante     Barkley

Pedro   Morata   CHO

Piazon came on instead of CHO which makes me think Sarri might be saving him and Pedro for the weekend.

Kepa obviously depends on if he signs but if so i imagine he slots straight in, if not i'd rather see Bulka than Willy.

The back line worries me. D.Luiz and Alonso really don't fill me with much confidence, i imagine Emerson and Christensen will replace them in coming weeks.

Kante came on with Jorginho and Ross last night which makes me think Sarri wanted to give them all half an hour together before the first game. Kante is such an animal he doesn't exactly need much of a pre season. 

If things are going poorly we can then bring Hazard on.

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I expect to see something like this with the players that did/didn't play last night:

Kepa

Azpi  D.Luiz  Rudiger  Alonso

Jorginho

Kante     Barkley

Pedro   Morata   CHO

Piazon came on instead of CHO which makes me think Sarri might be saving him and Pedro for the weekend.

Kepa obviously depends on if he signs but if so i imagine he slots straight in, if not i'd rather see Bulka than Willy.

The back line worries me. D.Luiz and Alonso really don't fill me with much confidence, i imagine Emerson and Christensen will replace them in coming weeks.

Kante came on with Jorginho and Ross last night which makes me think Sarri wanted to give them all half an hour together before the first game. Kante is such an animal he doesn't exactly need much of a pre season. 

If things are going poorly we can then bring Hazard on.

This will be the team, in my opinion.

Hope we start with 3 points, the team will take time to gel and get the style of Sarri ball.

team to start

zepa 

azbi luiz rudiger Alonso 

kante jorginho Barkley 

Pedro morata cho

subs : willy, christensen, Fabregas, willian, hazard, Giroud, Emerson 

I hope we play Willian.

Reckon Morata is a shoe-in.  We've got to justify him being around.  Not to mention, the alternatives aren't exactly world shattering.

Luiz in a back four?  Not for me, but again, a player who i think will get the nod.

Will be interesting to see the line up in the first game, it'll be a real indication of what we can expect from Sarri - he's seen what we've seen in the friendly games, so his reaction will be telling.

22 minutes ago, EdgarAllanPoe said:

I hope we play Willian.

Reckon Morata is a shoe-in.  We've got to justify him being around.  Not to mention, the alternatives aren't exactly world shattering.

Luiz in a back four?  Not for me, but again, a player who i think will get the nod.

Will be interesting to see the line up in the first game, it'll be a real indication of what we can expect from Sarri - he's seen what we've seen in the friendly games, so his reaction will be telling.

Agree the line up will be interesting though think he will make early subs unlike his predecessor if it is not working.

Kepa

Azpilicueta   Luiz   Rudiger    Emerson 

Jorginho   Kante

Barkley

Willian        Morata        Hazard

- Really excited to watch Kepa. Well, I should say I hope he does nothing and Chelsea retain possession the entire match. 

- Sarri has spoken decently well about Luiz and my hunch is he is one of his 2 preferred CB's even though I like Christensen much more, especially long-term. 

- Emerson offers a little more with his pace and athletically as opposed to Alonso. 

- Barkley, like Morata, has a LOT to prove this season. Hopefully they both can stay healthy, find some form and make CFC very tough to beat. 

- Hazard in Sarri's system can be an absolute world-beater. 

As a few have hinted, Huddersfield have had a bit more time together and the World Cup didn't really hinder or impede any of their pre-season progress. I expect they'll be a tougher outfit to crack down earlier in the campaign than maybe they would be in December. 

Hoping Hazard can show his class and hit a winner for us. 

UTC. 

8 hours ago, just said:

1-1 draw.

But....

Luiz in a flat back four.... 6-1 Huddersfield.

I think you may be pushing it just a tad with that score line.

Why is it that he looked excellent (for the most part) for us in a back 3 but completely out of his depth in a back four? Genuinely curious.

Edited by Amputechture

My selection may surprise a few

Kepa

Dave. Rudiger.  Cahill.  Emerson

Kante.  Jorginho.   Berkley 

Hazard.   Morata.    Willian

My guess is that he will risk Hazard , Kante and  Cahill and try and get 60-70 minutes as a minimum out of them 

Edited by terraloon

4 hours ago, Amputechture said:

I think you may be pushing it just a tad with that score line.

Why is it that he looked excellent (for the most part) for us in a back 3 but completely out of his depth in a back four? Genuinely curious.

He doesnt have the discipline to play in a 2, has a tendency to dive into tackles and gets dragged out of position far too easily leaving huge gaps. This means the full back has to cover inside a lot, something decent sides can easily exploit.