Chelsea V Liverpool (PL) Sat 29th Sep 17:30 UK

coco
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

I think it's right that Barkley get's criticism for his mistake that led to the goal, but we can't pretend it was only him that struggled today with that. Every single one of those midfielders gave the ball away in stupid areas at least once today, the difference was that Barkley's mistake happened to land at the feet of someone who has scored plenty of ridiculous goals like that in his career.

I see it as more of team problem than an individual one. We need to be quicker on our feet in tight situations. Pass and move has to be spot on against Liverpool's press and it wasn't today.

Feels like two points dropped not 1 point gained. I feel that Not having a decent striker in the team (who can hold the ball up when we are under pressure) will cost us afew other points like it did tonight. Hazard can't do it all alone. I said in the summer would have loved to have seen a transfer deadline day for someone like Vardy maybe,he would have been cheap as chips and a proven scorer in the league. Anyway still unbeaten in the league and onky two points behind the leaders so got to try and stay positive. Come on you blues!

Yes - but to immediately improve Chelsea we dont need greats like Drogba. A Troy Deeney is a step up from Morata, that is how poor he is (am i too harsh on Morata ?).
Well at least with Deeney you have a finisher and someone who is Premier League smart and Giroud also let's not forget he does put a shift in

Just now, Giordano_Bruno said:

Willian one on one with the keeper, Hazard one on one with the keeper(scores), Hazard again one on one with the keeper, great chances from the edge for Kova and Morata and yet... Liverpool deserved it? Come on now, this jaws dropping worship to Liverpool is one hell of a annoying phenomenon in this forum. 

Who's saying Liverpool deserved it on here? Most are saying that a draw was probably a fair result. And I don't know where you are getting the jaw dropping worshipping of Liverpool from. You will never see that from us Chelsea fans.

23 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't think so at all. The left got ripped apart in that first half. The only time they got past Azpilicueta was when he slipped. He had a really solid defensive performance today.

First half I feel we outclassed them, we looked far more balanced and composed they were all over the place 

17 minutes ago, BenCFC19 said:

This BT sport post match reaction is absolutely terrible, if you walked in after the match and started watching it you'd be under the impression Liverpool won comfortably... 

How can you take seriously the comments of a clown that intentionally changed the pronunciation of his surname to rhyme with penis.

Motherf**kers the lot of them.....media included. We deserved the win more than them.......we killed their press and played our way to great success. Then comes studg with a shot from nowhere that was inch perfect. Make no mistake we did well......this was super duper Liverpool you know, so the media shoves Down our throats. Im proud.......klopps had more Money and time to get going, and we f**ked their party almost twice in 3days.......keep your chins up and be counted.

5 minutes ago, Malcolm9 said:

A draw was fair in the end but it was nice to actually match them rather than them pressing us all game. We blunted their front three and made them look pretty normal.

Most def........lets see if the media pick it up or not, of course they wont but hey. We made their ohh so lovely front 3 silent, their midfield came against lions. But we all know this will be all about pool and how they are this and that.......

I think a lot of posters on here are being overly critical of us and our performance. Much as i hate the scouse there is no getting away from the fact that they are hotly tipped this year. I thought we played a really good game today, all over the pitch. I thought it was measured and, yes, i would like us to be more clinical in front of goal, but i thought our defence (especially Luiz!) was pretty solid today. For me as well, as poor as he may be, i actually thought Morata worked hard today. The only downside, and it did cost us, is that they strengthened their team with subs (except maybe for Shaquiri) and we weakened ours. Morata, for all his hard work is a step down from Giroud. Moses just fking irritates me with his ridiculous and impossible playgound back heels and pointless flicks. Barkley cost us, again. Three times he gave the ball away in vital areas, one of which led to the goal. My biggest concern about him is what seems to be the lack of awareness on his part that the goal was done to him. Players know when they have messed up but he just seems to be oblivious. Maybe its just body language, and i'm misinterpreting.

Anyway, occasional errors or not, i thought we looked bl00dy good and hopefully the people holding the purse strings in this club must already have faith that MS is leading us down the right path.

Good match and a fair result even if it's a sucker punch at the death. I'm beginning to get Kovavic' it's like having a 2nd Kante in the team. Barkley I'm sorry to say is a liability. Morata, even though he can't buy a goal, was much better than Giroud today. Luiz my motm.

P.S. the two most expensive goalies in the world might have done better on both goals.

Like others i  feel a bit deflated after being on a high for much of the game. Really needed a second (obviously) Hate the way we still work the ball back into our own box and then f**k about. We've come along nicely in a short time and if Sarri can get a few of 'his' signings the future looks good. ktbffh.

We need to look at the big picture here the media wrote us off from the start of the season and we basically stick our middle finger up to them today and say" we matched your darlings while very very early in transition and almost beat them" it hurts them alot because they so want Liverpool to win [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Disappointing to lose a goal so late in the match but I think a draw was a fair result in the end.

I think we have a have done great considering Sarri has only been our manager for a couple of months.

I thought it was a good match with 2 good teams and I’m satisfied that we can finally play against other big teams and impose ourselves on them, this is something I’ve wanted for a while.

It’s clear we need a top striker if we are to compete with Liverpool and City for the title but at the start of the season I said I’d be happy with a top 4 finish and possibly a cup and we’re still on track so in the grand scheme of things I’m happy.

1 hour ago, Giordano_Bruno said:

I knew it the moment Kova went off and this stupid donkey in. the english football players from recent  generation have proven low IQ dumbf**ks and yet we keep trying desperately to integrate some.

I get it that English is probably not your first language and make an allowance for that, but wtf are you on about ?

10 minutes ago, atomis said:

Exactly, we need a f**king striker we can count on every game. We should have gone in for Icardi imo. If we still had Costa we would be very very dangerous opponent.

We also need a decent alternative to pedro, who himself can be hit and miss.

Moses and Willian? Do me a favour. I dont expect hazard level of back up quality, pedro level should be back up. Moses and Willian should have long been sold.

Too much for hazard to do on his own. Giroud sadly has little goal threat, morata a miss machine. We need that new striker, and some better support for him and hazard.

4 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

We also need a decent alternative to pedro, who himself can be hit and miss.

Moses and Willian? Do me a favour. I dont expect hazard level of back up quality, pedro level should be back up. Moses and Willian should have long been sold.

Too much for hazard to do on his own. Giroud sadly has little goal threat, morata a miss machine. We need that new striker, and some better support for him and hazard.

Spot on......all the way.