Man City V Chelsea (PL) Sun 10th Feb 16:00 UK

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 minutes ago, charierre said:

Bang on.. He's had a full week to prepare for this game, we have had brain farts in defence but the whole debacle began with a free kick given away by Jorginho, a player who is a luxury in a match like this. His 'football' just doesn't work in hard away games, teams have sussed his tactics out. The saddest part is in two weeks time we will set up exactly the same and expect a different result. 

I'd go further on Jorginho, charierre. He is bang average.

A player that sits in midfield and just distributes the ball, (mostly over very short distance), and offers virtually nothing defensively and absolutely nothing offensively, isn't sustainable in the EPL. If, as it seems, Sarri isn't prepared to even consider dropping him then I think he has to go.

1 minute ago, rtwelch said:

How many people do you see saying this statement...

“I don’t mind losing to the best teams as long as we have a go. Playing attacking football.”

Well people, some games end like this. Just gotta live with it if you want nice to watch attacking football. It’s a process and City are a very very good team.

We don't give it a go though, we give up when things get tough.

Think youre right about Jorginho.

The defence aren't happy with him pointing out where they should pass the ball every time they get it while he struggles every time we turn it over. 

Huddersfield had loads of chances last week.

We're close but still need a few things to change.

21 minutes ago, Luca Vialli said:

Eh Conte was miles worse than this. He didn't even bother when it came to Man City. Atleast under Sarri we are having a go and (Somehow) beat them at the Bridge. Some of you guys have really short memories.

Or you have short memory ? Conte was the only manager in history to do a double against Guardiola.

Short memory, we have 2 FA Cup finals, win 1 of them, and win the League in the very first year.

Then the board decide to shows us the real boss is, and we see the results. Oh and we continue to see it.

What season some of you really expected? To give City and Liverpool run for their money ? With this type of players? With this old and washed player, that has zero motivation and mentaly are weak.

I expected exactly this, a fight till the end for top 4. You can`t expect different, when you didn`t give your manager enough time to prepare the team.

Some of you forget, Sarri missed most of our preseason, because Marina was refusing to pay Sarri clause? Then she destroyed the whole preseason and still pay the price. It was with the transfer of Jorginho.

How many times i said this will happen ? Then in a result i get banned, for not being biased and see how the things are really are.
People make jokes of me, when i was saying that Pedro, Willy, Luiz, and few other players are just not good enough for this team. And how bad was to buy Drinkwater, Barkley and Emerson, but people last season was crying why Conte didn`t put David Luiz on the pitch, as well as Drinkwater, Barkley and so call Emerson. You see know there was a reason.

That squad simply not good enough, from a long time.

Most of them should have been change after the fiasco with Jose. But Conte made a miracle and the baord gift him with shi****.

And in our first season, we was playing insanely good football. The only time we played better and more beautiful football was with Ancelotti his first season.
But Conte first season was insanely good. Our game was insane. Everyone was copy us.

How many times i told you, we won`t find better manager then him ?

You wanted a sexy attacking football, you got it.

Some people as well as Roman and Marina should have finally understand that if you want to play attacking and WINNING football, you need to spend big, big, big and have the right players for it.

Edited by loshlosh

3 minutes ago, chelseabootboy said:

Hence the fact it's the managers job to rally and motivate the players if he's unable to do this why is he on the touchline? Might as well be at home with his feet up watching the game on the telly! Lol

Chelsea players rarely give 2 f**ks what a manager says, they refused to play for Jose, refused to be in good terms with Conte...Sure they as professionals would need the manager to explain to them why they should do their best against Man City, with their 80k week pay. If Terry was there he would slap Alonso during the break and scream at everyone at the dressing room, but Azpi as a captain has no balls.

Edited by Gol15

21 minutes ago, Nibs said:

Because as soon as I saw that line-up I feared the worst. We are playing THE most dangerous side in Europe, away, but go into the game as if we were playing Huddersfield again. He isn't learning from his mistakes (and those mistakes are mounting up). We go 1-0 down, 2-0 down, CHANGE SOMETHING before we end up getting hammered. But no, he doesn't know how to change a game. We all know Willian will come on for Pedro and RLC for Barkley and we'll stick to Sarri's rigid system as he doesn't know anything else. He is limited and regrettable I think he is out of his depth.

I forgot Kovacic was on the bench. OF COURSE Kovacic FFS!!!

1 minute ago, rtwelch said:

How many people do you see saying this statement...

“I don’t mind losing to the best teams as long as we have a go. Playing attacking football.”

Well people, some games end like this. Just gotta live with it if you want nice to watch attacking football. It’s a process and City are a very very good team.

Agreed.

Just now, Ernie_blue said:

Sarri is the most predictable manager in the league, that's the biggest problem.

Conte was predictable just like Sarri is now, and he won the league with the same players, same formation.

1 minute ago, just said:

I'd go further on Jorginho, charierre. He is bang average.

A player that sits in midfield and just distributes the ball, (mostly over very short distance), and offers virtually nothing defensively and absolutely nothing offensively, isn't sustainable in the EPL. If, as it seems, Sarri isn't prepared to even consider dropping him then I think he has to go.

Jorginho is the Sarri golden boy.  He will never be dropped because we paid an exorbitant fee for a bang average player (and one who is not suited to the PL at that).  

Kovacic in my mind would be a much better option in his role.  He can spray passes and is much much more athletic.  He has key defensive abilities as well. 

But again Jorginho will never be dropped, which is unfortunate he is the cause of lots of our problems.