coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Sarri - In or Out?  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Sarri - In or Out?

• In
    • Out

On 23 May 2019 at 18:29, nelson1 said:

has that f**king tramp left yet, the players loathe him.

Question Hazard or Sarri, you decide

I know it's trendy to say these sort of things in some circles these days, but it's mostly adults on this forum and you will just embarrass yourself. 

Twitter is probably more for you kid; go get those likes...

Edited by mclovin83

This whole Sarri to Juventus thing is just an annoying little distraction heading into the most important game of the season. It shouldn't be the game that decide Sarri's future, think he has done enough to start the next season as Chelsea manager, but would have a big impact on whether he will finish next season as the Chelsea manager. I don't know much about Juventus, they'd win Serie A again with Sarri in charge ( or most top level managers), but if they are serious about winning the CL, the smart money is get the Jose, who will just focused on winning, not how to win.

time to show what though? Nice football?  A lot of points? (if you are basing that off Napoli) Because history shows giving him time does not win you trophies.

I wouldnt be against him staying or going to be honest, but there is nothing at all to suggest giving him time will reap rewards

I see some saying look at Klopp, look at Pep etc but they are a different planet to Sarri in terms of ability.

Sarri is better than Klopp imo. Klopp is very overrated, spend alot of money and yet could end up with nothing. I dont see liverpool winning anything next year either as other teams will strengthen and dont see them improving further as they are at their maximum limits. 

On the other hand if Sarri is given time and patience could see us with huge improvements the next few years as he already knows how Chelsea function and must have learned alot about the premier league. In fact i would say that next year we will finish higher than liverpool even with the transfer ban. 

7 hours ago, rtwelch said:

History repeats itself. Time is needed

I know Italian football is pretty poor at the moment, but why the hell is nearly every ground in that montage half empty? It can't be that bad, surely?

40 minutes ago, just said:

There's a piece in the Guardian about Hazard and someone has put he's the best player in our 16 year history these sort of polls don't do us any favours.

2 hours ago, just said:

I know Italian football is pretty poor at the moment, but why the hell is nearly every ground in that montage half empty? It can't be that bad, surely?

Attendance's in Italy slumped many years ago. It became noticeable in the 1990 World Cup with huge ampunts of empty spaces, even for the World Cup semi finals.

So called "giants" like AC and Inter Milan have been playing in front of half empty (or even worse) stadiums for years.  I hear that Italians still love football. Its just they don't go to watch the games any more and watch it on TV instead.

2 hours ago, just said:

I watched a good bit of Serie A this year and the attendance is dreadful. I don't know what the main problem is, ticket price, scheduling, I don't know, but attendance in that league is awful. 

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/ita-serie-a-2018-2019/1/

Edited by Skinnedy

12 hours ago, mclovin83 said:

I know it's trendy to say these sort of things in some circles these days, but it's mostly adults on this forum chief.

You will clean up over on Twitter pal- go get those likes kid..

That's the worst part, if he had said it on twitter it would've got a thousand likes. 

8 minutes ago, Slojo said:

That's the worst part, if he had said it on twitter it would've got a thousand likes. 

Forget Twitter, on Talk Chelsea you get the main admin and most active poster talking like that, and both are almost always 1 and 2 on the  'like' count every month. And this month you'd never guess who's 3rd this time round...

Edited by Argo

1 minute ago, Argo said:

Forget Twitter, on Talk Chelsea you get the main admin and most active poster talking like that, and both are almost always 1 and 2 on the  'like' count every month. And this month you'd never guess who's 3rd this time round...

They're absolute morons on there, completely dodged that place after a few looks, this is easily the best place to talk about Chelsea on the internet.

2 minutes ago, Slojo said:

They're absolute morons on there, completely dodged that place after a few looks, this is easily the best place to talk about Chelsea on the internet.

Agreed, even the most negative posters on here have a sense of balance about them, on there you are instantly dismissed as an apologist/fanboy if you don't follow all the ludicrously negative party lines. Doesn't help that a certain person spam posts what must be about 70 times a day.

To give you an insight as to what's It's like currently Atomis has joined and is very high up on liked content, that was the straw that broke the camels back for me as i stuck with it through years of decline due to how good the place was in it's prime.

6 hours ago, Argo said:

Agreed, even the most negative posters on here have a sense of balance about them, on there you are instantly dismissed as an apologist/fanboy if you don't follow all the ludicrously negative party lines. Doesn't help that a certain person spam posts what must be about 70 times a day.

To give you an insight as to what's It's like currently Atomis has joined and is very high up on liked content, that was the straw that broke the camels back for me as i stuck with it through years of decline due to how good the place was in it's prime.

Atomis was the reactionary bloke who threatened someone right? I actually defended him a bit but he used to go overboard with negativity and conspiracy theories, doesn't surprise me at all that he's a big hit on there. 

10 hours ago, Dixons said:

Attendance's in Italy slumped many years ago. It became noticeable in the 1990 World Cup with huge ampunts of empty spaces, even for the World Cup semi finals.

So called "giants" like AC and Inter Milan have been playing in front of half empty (or even worse) stadiums for years.  I hear that Italians still love football. Its just they don't go to watch the games any more and watch it on TV instead.

I read Jimmy Greaves book recently- even on the 50s when he swapped us for AC Milan Italian football was very defensive, and not a lots changed in 50 years which doesn’t make for much of a spectacle.

Maybe crowds would increase if the product was more gung ho. 

Edited by Ewell CFC

#Done! Juventus and Sarri have found an agreement: Maurizio Sarri is the new Juventus manager! The deal was reached in the past days, and it should bond the bianconeri and Sarri for the next three years, at net wages worth €7. (Tancredi) #CFC

The contract will be officially signed as soon as Sarri is released from his contract with Chelsea, but talks of a pre-contract agreement are possible in the meantime, something like an option for the future. (Tancredi) #CFC

20 hours ago, RickUK said:

time to show what though? Nice football?  A lot of points? (if you are basing that off Napoli) Because history shows giving him time does not win you trophies.

I wouldnt be against him staying or going to be honest, but there is nothing at all to suggest giving him time will reap rewards

I see some saying look at Klopp, look at Pep etc but they are a different planet to Sarri in terms of ability.

I'd agree on that his ability to implement his style of football is lower than Pep or Klopp but the range is not on a different planet. Klopp had years worth of hits and misses with Pool and Man City handed a blank checkbook to Pep eg. City's fullbacks total up to 200m on cost of transfer alone.

Sarri on the other hand was not given a full preseason, limited access to funds at a club that are facing a lot of issues + tasked with implementing a more possession-based football after years defensive counter attacking football.

I'd say he deserves a bit more time should he choose to stay

Edited by Deino

12 hours ago, Skinnedy said:

I watched a good bit of Serie A this year and the attendance is dreadful. I don't know what the main problem is, ticket price, scheduling, I don't know, but attendance in that league is awful. 

https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/ita-serie-a-2018-2019/1/

Stadiums are awful, the championship is boring and managed by criminals, for example I stopped to go to the stadium after Inter-Mafia of the last year. 

40 minutes ago, Raff_Sarrista said:

Stadiums are awful, the championship is boring and managed by criminals, for example I stopped to go to the stadium after Inter-Mafia of the last year. 

Makes sense. 

When you can get a 60" HDTV for €200, why bother with a crappy game Day experience?