coco

Chelsea vs Watford (PL) Sun 5th May 14:00 GMT

Good display second half, we suddenly woke and then blew them away. Only criticism I hope that the missed chances don't come back to bite us with goal difference.

That second half was actually enjoyable. We played some good football.

Haven't said that too often this season. Higuain's goal was a beauty. If I recall correctly he did that a couple of games ago, but it was cleared off the line.

At the start of the season I wrote we'll be 4th...now we're 3rd and if we win the last game away at Leicester we will finish above Manure,Arse,Spuds...amazing opportunity.

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

Pity Cahill couldn't have got his head to that last corner.  Great gesture by Sarri to bring him on.  Legend of the club.

Maybe not legend, but know what you mean...if we needed to sub a legend he'd be on the bench, a good bloke

Has Sarri asked someone else to deliver the half time speech? 

But seriously this was like a different team out there, not just in terms of movement and speed, but desire and fighting spirit.

That team from the second half was what I'waited from Sarri all season long. The question is, is it here to stay or is it just one time appearance.

Big step to claim the top four today. Still a tough away game at Leicester remains, three days after the EL semi.

But well done to Maurizio and the players, that was exactly what was needed.

Posted (edited)

Superb second half.

Commited men forward, took risks and it ultimately paid off.

Midfield trio again very impressive. Loftus Cheek looks unstoppable when he turns and drives forward, Jorginho kept the intensity up with some excellent quick forward passing, and Kovacic too was constantly pressing and quickly moving possession forward.

Pleased for Higuain too, wasn't a great performance from him but a quality goal. Giroud could've had a brace too, unfortunate as you can see the effort and desire there.

Needed a win, got a win, job done with a couple goals to spare. And a nice touch with the Cahill substitution, happy we were in a position to give him a (presumably) farewell at home.

Roll on Thursday, next must-win game.

Edited by spadefx

Less said about the first half the better. The second half was good though. Considering Giroud‘s misses and the penalty not given when Luiz was bundled over, the scoreline could have been wider. RLC was a beast, again.

Leapfrogging Tottenham makes me very happy. If we can hold onto third position then I‘ll be very satisfied with that, especially considering the mess we were in post-Conte.

Just now, stryker1808 said:

Higuain would have done better with those Giroud misses. Love the guy's attitude but can't score..

Higuain wouldn't have got into the positions to score them though. If he had taken those types of positions with us, he would have more goals by now.

Much better second half, our players had confidence, we played simple and were great!

I really hope that form will come against Frankfurt! Well done boys!

Thank you for everything Gary Cahill, you will never be forgotten here!

COME ON CHELS!!!

Posted (edited)

Much better second half. If we could just play with some of that urgency and intensity we did at the start of the half more often, we'd do a lot better.

Kepa - 6.5/10 - Not a lot to do, but made one good save
Alonso - 4/10 - Slow...so slow. Always looks to stop and pass it back or inside.
Luiz - 6/10 - Struggled in the air, but got an important goal and grew into the game
Christensen - 6.5/10 - Struggled with the physicality of Deeney, but grew into the game and played well
Jorginho - 6/10 - Some good moments of nice passes and touches, offset by some ones of sloppy give-aways and awful defending. So standard really.
Kante - N/A
Kovacic - 6/10 - Few good tackles. Don't remember much else. Standard from him as well.
Hazard - 6.5/10 - Quiet, tried to do everything himself too many times, though he didn't have much movement around him.
Higuain - 2.5/10 - Goal aside, he was really poor. Always giving it away, winning nothing in the air, sluggish and uninterested in closing down.

Subs:

Loftus-Cheek - 7.5/10 - A few sloppy passes, but lots of driving runs, lots of nice balls through, good goal. Played really well overall.
Giroud - 3/10 - Just hit the target, man.
Cahill - 6/10 

Edited by Zeta

1 minute ago, bluedave said:

Leapfrogging Tottenham makes me very happy. If we can hold onto third position then I‘ll be very satisfied with that, especially considering the mess we were in post-Conte.

It's weird to think we could be the 3rd best team of the season, haha.

3 minutes ago, DP2 said:

Maybe not legend, but know what you mean...if we needed to sub a legend he'd be on the bench, a good bloke

Well he's a legend just not as big as Terry,Lampard,Ivanovic and so on but yea a legend of that last generation.

Draw in our final game could be enough to secure top four.

Arsenal sh*tting the bed again (very hopeful I know) and it’s guaranteed today.