Super Frank Lampard

Sack or Back ???  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Sack or Back Frank ?

• Sack now.
    • Back until the end of the season, unless relegation dooms, then evaluate.

This poll is closed to new votes

Interesting article here,

CFC fans singing throughout whole 90 mins vs Liverpool, CFC fans chanting SFL name long before the K.O at St.Mary's.

Tomorri making more interceptions, tackles per game  than Luiz and less fouls.

Jorginho passing accuracy has dropped yet key passes per game has risen form 0.8 to 1.1.

Lots more too.

https://www.football365.com/news/how-revolutionary-is-frank-lampards-chelsea-revolution

2 hours ago, Strider6003 said:

CFC fans singing throughout whole 90 mins vs Liverpool, CFC fans chanting SFL name long before the K.O at St.Mary's.

Jorginho passing accuracy has dropped yet key passes per game has risen form 0.8 to 1.1.

Lots more too.

https://www.football365.com/news/how-revolutionary-is-frank-lampards-chelsea-revolution

How good does it feel to now be reading positive things about Chelsea. A big :nana1:to all the nay sayers, doubters and anti Chelsea Dickheads. :ATT1231304:

16 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

How good does it feel to now be reading positive things about Chelsea. A big :nana1:to all the nay sayers, doubters and anti Chelsea Dickheads. :ATT1231304:

And this is why I was not too worried about Hazard leaving, I thought others would step up though I could not have predicted how this would occur.

On 10/10/2019 at 09:08, Strider6003 said:

Lots more too.

Really like this article but it really winds me up when people refer to Crespo as one of the flop strikers!

We have to give Frank and his managing team credit. It seems to me most of the players are really committed to Chelsea. The story of the youth is told many times over but players like Jorginho and Willian are really commiting themselves.

Frank is intelligent so he knows how to handle people and different personas. He talked about Jorginhos leadership skills and have said Willian is one of his most important players. He knows the youth are excited to feature for us making debuts and he is giving the older players new statures.

Sarri for example was blind to everything but his system. It remains to be seen how Frank can balance things.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 13:26, evissy said:

We have to give Frank and his managing team credit. It seems to me most of the players are really committed to Chelsea. The story of the youth is told many times over but players like Jorginho and Willian are really commiting themselves.

Frank is intelligent so he knows how to handle people and different personas. He talked about Jorginhos leadership skills and have said Willian is one of his most important players. He knows the youth are excited to feature for us making debuts and he is giving the older players new statures.

Sarri for example was blind to everything but his system. It remains to be seen how Frank can balance things.

Nobody knows how good Frank is at management yet. The signs are very good at the moment. His TV interviews are very good and his intelligence shines through. He is thoughtful, insightful and has a wealth of playing experience to draw upon. His time at Derby will be invaluable but for me the best sign is that he actually took the job in the first place. The confidence required to take on a club such as Chelsea would be gargantuan and this confidence appears to be transmitting to the players and back room staff.

The performances of the young players so far has been astounding and the changes to tactics and personnel have improved the play. It is fascinating to see each game unfold with new attacking options coming to the fore.

If he keeps this up he could become even more of a legend than he is now. I think Uncle 'Arry was the last English manager to get a top 4 in the Premier League with Spurs. Could be wrong but it's certainly a possibility he could do the same in his first season. I can't remember an Englishman who did it before 'Arry.

41 minutes ago, Andy North said:

Nobody knows how good Frank is at management yet. The signs are very good at the moment. His TV interviews are very good and his intelligence shines through. He is thoughtful, insightful and has a wealth of playing experience to draw upon. His time at Derby will be invaluable but for me the best sign is that he actually took the job in the first place. The confidence required to take on a club such as Chelsea would be gargantuan and this confidence appears to be transmitting to the players and back room staff.

The performances of the young players so far has been astounding and the changes to tactics and personnel have improved the play. It is fascinating to see each game unfold with new attacking options coming to the fore.

If he keeps this up he could become even more of a legend than he is now. I think Uncle 'Arry was the last English manager to get a top 4 in the Premier League with Spurs. Could be wrong but it's certainly a possibility he could do the same in his first season. I can't remember an Englishman who did it before 'Arry.

The two strong signs for me are his ability to learn from mistakes and his modern approach to playing and tactics.

When you see Ole at United not only making mistake after mistake but repeating the same one's constantly it puts into perspective just how well Frank's doing adapting and learning from them.

Now onto the modern approach. The fact he's kept Sarri's way of playing Jorginho and Kante hugely encourages me. You'd be surprised how many managers would have come in stuck Kante as a sitting midfielder because "that's his position innit", yes I do believe there's managers in this country that are that narrow minded and simplistic (we had numerous ex managers churning up that line last season), although I was almost certain Frank wasn't one of them it was very good to have that truly confirmed with that decision amoung many other things.

Evening all, can anyone remember who it was on here that said solskjaer was a better manager than Lampard and would definitely prove it this season? Just wondering if he fancies a liitle chat, a little back and forth, a small tete a tete.... 

5 minutes ago, Valerie said:

There's still time :wink:

Nope, I've completely changed my mind, he's doing better than I would have ever expected and it's the first time in a long time I've been so excited to watch Chelsea play. There will definitely be some rough patches but I think we'll be fine. 

In 2012 we had Hazard, Mata, De Brewin, Salah and Oscar. We chose poorly with the Brazilian. Now we have Mount, CHO, Ruben and Pulisic. I think no matter what happens, there will be no such a disappointment at the end of the story. I enjoy this season and I enjoy Lampard's era. I hope it lasts long.

great call to bring on Pusilic.. It was clear to see Mount was taking up wrong positions and struggling to create an impact.. i think Lamps' substitution have usually been very spot on, expect the gilmour one against Sheffield utd.

10 hours ago, Droopy said:

In 2012 we had Hazard, Mata, De Brewin, Salah and Oscar. We chose poorly with the Brazilian. Now we have Mount, CHO, Ruben and Pulisic. I think no matter what happens, there will be no such a disappointment at the end of the story. I enjoy this season and I enjoy Lampard's era. I hope it lasts long.

Took me a few seconds....

Without going too far, the defence maturity is developing in this team. Unlike the few games earlier this season where we threw lead away or concede late , the last 45 against Southampton and Newcastle game we managed to keep opponents quiet, kept control of the ball, and never let the long ball game got to us. I remember Newcastle had one threatening header the whole game, so we must have done something right.

On 17/10/2019 at 14:14, Deino said:

I wonder how he's going to set up the team when Ruben is fit. Will he put Ruben CM or AM? Will he put Mount at RW?

When is Ruben and Rudiger going to be back and fully fit anyway?

Barkley will be shifted out and be off in Jan I reckon (hopefully).

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 05:05, Jangz said:

great call to bring on Pusilic.. It was clear to see Mount was taking up wrong positions and struggling to create an impact.. i think Lamps' substitution have usually been very spot on, expect the gilmour one against Sheffield utd.

I've had slight doubts about Mount but have kept them to myself. I think his goals disguise his lack of impact. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but he does seem to drift out of games. Maybe I've got it wrong and he will continue to score and assist but at the moment I think his place is in the balance. I was encouraged to see Frank recognised there was an issue and brought on Pulisic.

We'll see how this pans out but the competition for places can only be good for the team.

1 hour ago, Andy North said:

I've had slight doubts about Mount but have kept them to myself. I think his goals disguise his lack of impact. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but he does seem to drift out of games. Maybe I've got it wrong and he will continue to score and assist but at the moment I think his place is in the balance. I was encouraged to see Frank recognised there was an issue and brought on Pulisic.

We'll see how this pans out but the competition for places can only be good for the team.

Mount has everything in his locker to be a great player, just needs to pull it together - luckily that comes with experience and good coaching. 

All our youth players are going to dip this season, every single one. What is great is that isn't going to be a disaster. Whilst are youth are getting into the first team now, we also aren't reliant on any of them. Mount in my opinion is having a bit of a dip now, but that's not a problem because Pulisic, RLC, Barkley, Pedro are all capable of doing the job he does to a certain degree. 

43 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Mount has everything in his locker to be a great player, just needs to pull it together - luckily that comes with experience and good coaching. 

All our youth players are going to dip this season, every single one. What is great is that isn't going to be a disaster. Whilst are youth are getting into the first team now, we also aren't reliant on any of them. Mount in my opinion is having a bit of a dip now, but that's not a problem because Pulisic, RLC, Barkley, Pedro are all capable of doing the job he does to a certain degree. 

The options we have in midfield and out wide are good and Pulisic not being a nailed on starter proves this. I think he will raise his game and he could get a start against Ajax this week. He made an impact on Saturday and has played on the continent so I would be happy to see him start in Holland.

I, along with the just about the whole fanbase, am really happy with what Frank and Jody are doing and can see the logic in the team choices at the moment. I think Frank learnt from Jose that competition for places is good and shouldn't weigh heavily on the managers shoulders. Jose used to make a positive out of leaving good players out as long as the omitted player fought for his place. We have enough games for hard workers to get back into the team and Frank seems to be following this wisdom. I understand how it can be deflating for a player to consistently be left out but the management behind the scenes must encourage those player to believe they can get back in. Frank was known for being a very hard worker in training and apparently always took extra training. That work ethic, if transmitted to the players, will prove invaluable. The work ethic of the team at the moment is very high so I think the players are buying into Franks vision and long may it continue.

I thought Mount was unlucky to not be on the scoresheet against Newcastle, that turn and shot was a reflex save by the keeper.

Re Andy's point him about him drifting out of a game was comments we got from Derby's fans.

I like him though fear with his assertive reading of the game he might get injured nicking the ball off someone.

Glad he is playing for us as he has been a good part of our early success as he is fully committed.