Mason Mount

Argo
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

18 hours ago, bisright1 said:

There's some sarri revisionism coming in about RLC. Sarri made RLC a fantastic player, had he not been constantly injured in the first half of the season he would have been playing more. 

The rest is true though. Southgate does like to play the kids, which is great because previously we just picked the players that saw it as their right to play for England, they weren't excited. 

I'll be honest I can't remember every game of last season but I remember incidents on this forum particularly when we were complaining about his lack of game time even when he was fit. Particularly when Barkley was getting the nod over him and Kovacic became very stagnant. 

8 minutes ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

He played like garbage, as did the entire English team.  Trippier, Maguire, Sancho, Sterling....ALL RUBBISH.  

English players outside of Kane are so overrated.

Played too many players that are out of form I think, that whole back 4 itself was a mess. 

4 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

He played like garbage, as did the entire English team.  Trippier, Maguire, Sancho, Sterling....ALL RUBBISH.  

So your basing this on one game and ignoring the last several games where them players have all been very good and have battered teams? 

I thought mount did ok considering he was played out of position, he was one of our only players actually taking the game to the opposition. I'm not sure what Southgate was up to playing different formations and players out of position, was odd. 

4 hours ago, TrueBlueSeaFC87 said:

I think England's problem last night was playing both Henderson and Rice who both do a similar job but aren't mobile or have the skill set to play possession football. This meant that the defender's didn't have anyone in midfield looking for the ball.

The players you have highlighted though I wouldn't say are overrated at all and wouldn't mind any of them (bar maybe trippier, as we have Dave and James) playing in Chelsea blue

22 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Barkley actually looked one of the better players when he came on and provided an assist for Kane who mis-cued.

Surprised Tammy did not replace Kane with 15 minutes to go bringing him on so late just looked like ticking a box.

Only caught the last 25 mins yet thought their winning goal was well executed, caught us napping.

Agreed regarding Kane, but he never gets subbed. For club or country. Almost as it is a written rule he must play 90 mins. Especially if England are behind, they will never take Kane off.

Barkley actually looked one of the better players when he came on and provided an assist for Kane who mis-cued.
Surprised Tammy did not replace Kane with 15 minutes to go bringing him on so late just looked like ticking a box.
Only caught the last 25 mins yet thought their winning goal was well executed, caught us napping.

Agreed. Barkley did what He Derain doesn't which is drive forwards at a defence in a positive way. In the first half that wasn't what Henderson was tasked with but at half time they changed the roll and that's when he should have been hooked for Barkley.

Kane and Stirling tried to make things happen but Mount and Sancho looks a little lost without somebody behind them able to pass them into better positions. Mount played well with what little scraps he got.

I have nothing to say about the back 4 that anybody with eyes couldn't seem for themselves. They were to a man, sh*t.

56 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

Henderson  absolutely stunk the place up. Someone needs to tell him those passes only work in his head.

He's abysmal for England, I honestly can't remember the last decent game he had. 

Generations of future football fans will look back and wonder how we permitted the collective incompetence which led to Jordan Henderson being a Champions League winner.

"That's right kiddo, they beat Tottenham in the final"

(Later)

"Mum I think we should cart Gramps off to a nursing home, the dementia seems to be progressing faster than we thought."

18 hours ago, TheSocialShark said:

10 seconds? Wow you really struggled with it! Maybe some remedial classes needed? emoji848.png

At the end of the day, if you were in Mount's boots you'd want to represent your country as and the club knows how things are. I'd rather we had strength in depth than relied on one player

If i was in Mount's boots i wouldn't give a toss about England. Chelsea would be paying y wages and i'm a Chelsea fan. Why would i want to miss Chelsea games to play for a sh*t national team.

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

If i was in Mount's boots i wouldn't give a toss about England. Chelsea would be paying y wages and i'm a Chelsea fan. Why would i want to miss Chelsea games to play for a sh*t national team.

You're not though and the kid's English. 

It does mean something to play for your national team. 

2 minutes ago, GhostOfDembaBa said:

You're not though and the kid's English. 

It does mean something to play for your national team. 

He asked me if i was in Mount's boots, i gave him my opinion. I'm English and couldn't care less about the NT. 

Hinders club football more than helping it. You choose to support the club you love, you're forced into following your National Team. 

While I'm all for Southgate looking at the future and picking young players, I do think he's picked Mount a bit too soon.

I'd rather he gained a bit more Premiership experience before making the jump to yet another level and left it til next year before playing for England.

16 hours ago, Slojo said:

I'll be honest I can't remember every game of last season but I remember incidents on this forum particularly when we were complaining about his lack of game time even when he was fit. Particularly when Barkley was getting the nod over him and Kovacic became very stagnant. 

I think that was in patience rather than anything on sarri 

5 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

I don't think you realise that your opinion of the national team isn't shared by the majority of footballers or English fans 

21 hours ago, bisright1 said:

I don't think you realise that your opinion of the national team isn't shared by the majority of footballers or English fans 

Can't put my opinion out there cus its not shared by the majority? Okay pal.

Think you'd be surprised by how many English people would choose club football over the National Team too.