Top scorer this season..

coco

Quite possibly an impossible question. Let´s see who is ready to step up and take the responsibility. Pedro is a good bet to knock his share in, but I hope at least one of the strikers will manage to score a solid 15 for the season. 

Penalty takers could fill their boots with VAR and the new hand ball rules this season, we could be looking at 10+ penalties, that will boost someone figures.

Out of the three forwards, we already know Michy and Giroud are probably not going to set the league alight. Tammy being still so young is the one who could possibly hit the 20 mark.

Its never bothered me wanting a striker to be top scorer, I`d much rather see the goals spread through the team. Its how it was in Mourinho`s first stint, with midfielders chipping in plenty of goals, especially Lamps.

1 hour ago, Soulo said:

Tammy is a championship level scorer as of now.. there´s no guarantee he will even manage to score in in the Prem. *fingers crossed*

A handful of EPL clubs would have him in their teams, then he would be at EPL level, and yes he is guaranteed to score goals in the prem, the question is how many.

3 hours ago, dkw said:

Its never bothered me wanting a striker to be top scorer, I`d much rather see the goals spread through the team. Its how it was in Mourinho`s first stint, with midfielders chipping in plenty of goals, especially Lamps.

Ideally this would be the case. Though last season showed how reliant we were on Eden, our midfield and 'attacking' players failed to create or convert enough chances. We simply don't gamble enough with telling runs or take shots when the chance beckons.

3 hours ago, Kev56 said:

Difficult, i don’t know. Our attacking players are the biggest worry.

Whilst a top class centre forward takes the burden from the rest of the team, the lack of a goal threat from midfield, capable of getting close to double figures is hurting us.

Hopefully Frank can help coach a serious goal threat into the players, instill a confidence into our midfield to have a go when the chance beckons. Goals will be the defining aspect of Lamps first year in the job.

Archived